Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

replace clutch but its really hard to put the gears in

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 01:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default replace clutch but its really hard to put the gears in

hey guys and gals i just replaced the clutch on my 99 transam with a monster stage 3 kit,new master,new slave,new bolts,did the drill mod and put the speed bleeder on it.but the gears are very hard to go in; i been bleeding it like crazy but it doesn't help what could be wrong, the car moves a little when its in first gear with the clutch all the way pressed in.when i drive it the gears are alittle hard to go in but they go in.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:09 AM
Teching In

This happen to one of my friend camaro. It was the cylinder n the transmission. He replaced it and it was the problems. U mite just wanna bring it back down and c
Old 04-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Launching!

So does it seem like the clutch is not disengaging? Dont bleed it any more. I had that speed bleeder and Had nothing but problems with it. I took it off. Replaced my slave, And to bleed my system, I simply sat there and pumped my clucth for 5-10 minutes none stop. 3 years later its still working great and never opened the bleeder once.

Try pumping it just like that and see what happens. Maybe the clucth you installed requires a Shim behind the Slave which would help with the clutch disengaging. I know SPEC clutches require one.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The Monster Clutches do not require a shim. I remember reading a post where someone said they had disengagement issues and found out that they overtorqued the PP bolts.