Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

R.I.P. Don Steves....

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default R.I.P. Don Steves....

Just found out in the paper this morning that the owner of Don Steves Autoplex (formerly Don Steves Chevy) in La Habra,CA - Donald Thomas Steves was found dead in his truck Thursday from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. I met him once, nicest guy in the world. I bought my 2000 camaro and Epic from them. He took over the dealership from his dad and the family put everything they had into the place to make it the success it was. Then the economy took it's bad turn and gm pulled the plug on them. Don Steves apparently took it pretty hard and even though kept it open as just a used car dealership... I guess he just never recovered. So sad. So a moment of silence please.....

In his honor I'm going put my old dealship paper plate on the car for a while. R.I.P Don Steves. You will be missed.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember Don Steves Chevrolet (grew up in La Habra), but never met him...I did have his daughter for my 4th grade teacher (was her first year teaching)...Funny thing is I was looking for inventory on a new chevy and was trying to find their dealership last night and no longer around it looked like?

Anyhow, that's a shame and what a terrible thing to do, but we don't know what he was thinking or going thru, so not gonna judge. Feel bad for his surviving family though
Old 08-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember there commercials airing all the time when I was young. They had a pretty small dealership but were very nice and helpful, I remember them helping me retrieve my factory radio code for n/c. Sad to hear about things like this...

Quick Reply: R.I.P. Don Steves....