Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Any HP Tuners gurus around Tucson??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any HP Tuners gurus around Tucson??

Working on a speed density tune on a normally aspirated but modified LS6 in a 240z. Only those very familiar with HP Tuners and LS engines please. Happy to pay for good advice.

Thanks
Old 10-26-2011, 01:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 240dan
Working on a speed density tune on a normally aspirated but modified LS6 in a 240z. Only those very familiar with HP Tuners and LS engines please. Happy to pay for good advice.

Thanks
Gonicd.com He tunes out of PHX.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SM105K
Gonicd.com He tunes out of PHX.
Alright thanks, I give him a call.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There is also a guy named Evan Stone in Rita Ranch. He does mostly imports but he also has tuned LS engines, too. He knows HP Tuners well and made some minor adjustments for me so I wouldn't have to go all the way to Phoenix. Look up "ES Tuned" on facebook.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Capricio
There is also a guy named Evan Stone in Rita Ranch. He does mostly imports but he also has tuned LS engines, too. He knows HP Tuners well and made some minor adjustments for me so I wouldn't have to go all the way to Phoenix. Look up "ES Tuned" on facebook.
I dynoed my car there in June, nice shop and a nice group of guys to work with. I will definitely be back there in the future but this time around I'm working with Nic D since he lives and breathes LS engines.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah Nic is the man when it comes to LS engines, but he doesn't tune full time, and can be a little hard to reach. Seems like calling AZ Dynochip is the easiest way to get on his schedule. Nic did the primary tune on my car after H/C/I and it ran great.

Later I got a high stall TC installed and Nic wasn't available for a couple weekends. The lockup engagement at low RPMs was driving me nuts. I called Evan and he fixed it up in a few minutes. Paying the $100 for a second license fee was worth not driving to Phoenix, 5 hours of my time, gas, etc.

Evan mentioned another guy in Phoenix that is supposedly a good LS tuner, can't remember his name but I think he's a USBP or Customs agent and tunes part-time. Anyways, I have nothing but good to say about both guys. I am glad there is someone in Tucson though. Also glad I'm on both licenses.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah Nic is the man when it comes to LS engines, but he doesn't tune full time, and can be a little hard to reach. Seems like calling AZ Dynochip is the easiest way to get on his schedule. Nic did the primary tune on my car after H/C/I and it ran great.

Later I got a high stall TC installed and Nic wasn't available for a couple weekends. The lockup engagement at low RPMs was driving me nuts. I called Evan and he fixed it up in a few minutes. Paying the $100 for a second license fee was worth not driving to Phoenix, 5 hours of my time, gas, etc.

Evan mentioned another guy in Phoenix that is supposedly a good LS tuner, can't remember his name but I think he's a USBP or Customs agent and tunes part-time. Anyways, I have nothing but good to say about both guys. I am glad there is someone in Tucson though. Also glad I'm on both licenses.

Good to hear more positive reviews about Nic. Looking forward to getting this thing dialed in.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Staging Lane

Yes, his name is Mike O'Connor. He knows HP Tuners very well, too. He tuned my previous camaro. He works out at Casa Grande...
Evan at ESTuned tuned my current camaro, and he's tuned a bunch of other LS1's. Both are great guys.

Quick Reply: Any HP Tuners gurus around Tucson??