Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Calling Travie319, SSBroncs, 1320 kid, Ryne with the z06

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 08:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling Travie319, SSBroncs, 1320 kid, Ryne with the z06

Do you guys still get together and do runs? Its been a hot minute since Ive been on these boards, but I was just remembering and reminiscing some of the good times I had in the LT1!

Remember ballz deep? haha

Your old friend, Danny aka z28skillz(silver cammed lt1) aka _shift after i got the 350z
Old 12-05-2011, 09:03 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by _SHIFT
Do you guys still get together and do runs? Its been a hot minute since Ive been on these boards, but I was just remembering and reminiscing some of the good times I had in the LT1!

Your old friend, Danny aka z28skillz(silver cammed lt1) aka _shift after i got the 350z
not really bro... a few of my customers and i will go out on occassion to race the vettes... travie car has been down for a long time
Old 12-06-2011, 08:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Damn that sucks, I remember it was a cool group to meet up with.

I think i sat camera man for your car one time in murrietta, and then some guy chased everyone down in his van with a shotgun haha! good times.....
Old 12-06-2011, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by _SHIFT

My brother was one of the guys that started ballz deep they are no longer around but my brother still drag races he drives a convertible drag 30th anniversary camaro ss you can find him at irwindale
Old 12-07-2011, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SCHP98ls1B4C
My brother was one of the guys that started ballz deep they are no longer around but my brother still drag races he drives a convertible drag 30th anniversary camaro ss you can find him at irwindale
i remember those guys...i used to run into nestor all the time watched him fry a converter one nigt in his som ss
Old 12-07-2011, 02:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

lol ballz deep.... those guys were interesting characters to say the least, cant say that about all of them, but the few i ran into definitely fit that bill....
Old 12-08-2011, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
lol ballz deep.... those guys were interesting characters to say the least, cant say that about all of them, but the few i ran into definitely fit that bill....
People always had something negative to say about the group. but you had to run 11.99 or faster and drive a f body. we had about 25 guys the club was strong but everyone got rid of the ls1 camaro as it became older. they purchased new vehicles and went their own ways. My brother has been out of the club for years but he is currently working on a five second street legal 1/8 mile car 1997 convertible anniv. Edition camaro ss
Old 12-08-2011, 10:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

People always had something negative to say about the group. but you had to run 11.99 or faster and drive a f body. we had about 25 guys the club was strong but everyone got rid of the ls1 camaro as it became older. they purchased new vehicles and went their own ways. My brother has been out of the club for years but he is currently working on a five second street legal 1/8 mile car 1997 convertible anniv. Edition camaro ss
i believe thats nine fingers old car
Old 12-09-2011, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

i believe thats nine fingers old car
Yup my bro purchased it as a roller it has gone six flat in the 1/8. Next trip out we are expecting fives with a stock bottom end lq9.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I raced one of their members one day in Fontana...chose me out in my lowly LT1 as we all staged, him in a supposedly sprayed LS1. I drove around him at the big end for the win. He wasn't very cool in the pits afterward.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
I raced one of their members one day in Fontana...chose me out in my lowly LT1 as we all staged, him in a supposedly sprayed LS1. I drove around him at the big end for the win. He wasn't very cool in the pits afterward.
You have that effect on people....

I'll be in your area around January by the way...
Old 12-11-2011, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

Which ls1 and what did you run I remember you had a 383 lt1 and ran 12 and 13 second passes with a m6 I thought your camaro was horribly slow for the mods.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:52 AM
11 Second Club

Which ls1 and what did you run I remember you had a 383 lt1 and ran 12 and 13 second passes with a m6 I thought your camaro was horribly slow for the mods.
You remembered the wrong car. It ran 12.1x-12.4x @ 118-116 N/A all day - and horribly slow or not, it had enough to beat a sprayed LS1 that time - and in the worst air of the day

But you're right, I was never happy with the mild cam, and could never get the heavy pig to sixty-foot or ET well with the M6 - paying more attention to the tire/suspension combo may have helped it do better, as would more seat time. Trap speeds were pretty typical for the mods on an LT1, and they proved it was making power.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by vilkata
You have that effect on people....

I'll be in your area around January by the way...
LOL. Hit me up when you're back via SMS text - I've got some home brew beer for you to try.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

You remembered the wrong car. It ran 12.1x-12.4x @ 118-116 N/A all day - and horribly slow or not, it had enough to beat a sprayed LS1 that time - and in the worst air of the day

But you're right, I was never happy with the mild cam, and could never get the heavy pig to sixty-foot or ET well with the M6 - paying more attention to the tire/suspension combo may have helped it do better, as would more seat time. Trap speeds were pretty typical for the mods on an LT1, and they proved it was making power.
That's very noble that you admitted it. I remember you had a ton of money into it and you were never impressed. Right from the start of the car club we did tires spray and gears with a4 cars we did 11.60-11.99 all day. We even had cam only spray cars in the eleven flat area.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

why are you running your mouth? that car club was a running joke to everyone who wasnt in the club, the name was stupid as hell and sounded like the title of a gay **** movie or something.. personally i never seen any car from the club that was impressive, big deal you made a cammed sprayed ls go 11's big deal you guys and everyone else has... nothing special buddy... me personally i would be embarassed to mention i was even associated with that club in anyway shape or form..
Old 12-11-2011, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

It didn't take long for it to become apparent the reason why no one liked them. Always talking, acting like they're better than everyone else.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

So just how does a conversation evolve that ends with naming a club 'Ballz Deep'? And what names didn't make it before that was settled upon?
Old 12-11-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you search "Ballz Deep" in the Western forum, you will find most conversations evolved in this direction.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

why are you running your mouth? that car club was a running joke to everyone who wasnt in the club, the name was stupid as hell and sounded like the title of a gay **** movie or something.. personally i never seen any car from the club that was impressive, big deal you made a cammed sprayed ls go 11's big deal you guys and everyone else has... nothing special buddy... me personally i would be embarassed to mention i was even associated with that club in anyway shape or form..
Running Joke Ha! You always hated on here, but I never saw you posting fast times at the track in 2005. None of us owned a shop, but yet we all had a faster car then you, at the time. Your "Barney" purple trans am never made it to the track.

Ya the name was gay, was not my idea! But someone please explain to me, what is to hate on a car club that was posting fast times at the track on a regular basis? All of our cars ran 11's with some 10 second and even 9 second cars. And we are all working class with our cars being built in our driveways! Taking your car to a shop is thus for "ROOKIES".

Quick Reply: Calling Travie319, SSBroncs, 1320 kid, Ryne with the z06