Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

What is with 5th gen owners?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What is with 5th gen owners?

Ok I know a couple 5th gen guys that are cool, but recently the ones I run into on the freeway are tool bags. I have actually raced a couple on the freeway (those of who know me might be shocked that I actually raced and went faster than the speed limit). The last one was the worst, it was an RS and the guy came up on me (I was in the number 3 lane on the 60) and looked at my car then slowed down then sped up like he was trying to get a race, and kept looking at me like he was the ****. I was like fine douche go for it, he went, I went and beat him pretty badly. He came up along side my car and gave me a thumbs down then tried to cut me off, I moved around him he tried to race again (sped up slowed down, sped up slowed down) I beat him again and after that race he gave me another thumbs down then took off.

Another race was an SS and that one was closer like I would expect it to be and that guy gave a thumbs down... am I missing something?
Old 01-31-2012, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool story
Old 01-31-2012, 03:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cocky ******, never a rs only the ss .....i would roll and beat them. "As youre still paying on your ride, be careful not to break anything." haha

until i got owned by a GXP thing was wicked fast

careful man the 60 is the most ticketed freeway for speedtraps in CA

Im all for the domestic cars and that stuff the thing that pisses me off the most is when the ricers with fart cans try and pull up for a run....then you just laugh, roll up the window, and turn on the a/c
Old 01-31-2012, 03:40 AM
Launching!

i know what you mean. as i was pulling out onto the street, i had a female owner honk the horn & flip me off...

...i thought to myself, if she had the time to do all that, she had plenty of time to hit the brakes. believe me, she was a long way off too...no way there would have been any impact.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:48 AM
Captain Double Post

this is something i have ran into as well, i think there just mad that they paid so much and got so lil,i dont think there bad cars but price vs performance makes me not care for them.i put them in the class that think they have the fastest car just because its newer,now im not saying this about all 5th gen owners but alot of them act like the 350z guys
Old 01-31-2012, 04:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
this is something i have ran into as well, i think there just mad that they paid so much and got so lil,i dont think there bad cars but price vs performance makes me not care for them.i put them in the class that think they have the fastest car just because its newer,now im not saying this about all 5th gen owners but alot of them act like the 350z guys
true, very true z guys one dude even crashed his z while trying to show off on my b day brutal
Old 01-31-2012, 07:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MJs1FastSS
cocky ******, never a rs only the ss .....i would roll and beat them. "As youre still paying on your ride, be careful not to break anything." haha

until i got owned by a GXP thing was wicked fast

careful man the 60 is the most ticketed freeway for speedtraps in CA

Im all for the domestic cars and that stuff the thing that pisses me off the most is when the ricers with fart cans try and pull up for a run....then you just laugh, roll up the window, and turn on the a/c

Was it a black charcoal GXP, lowered a bit?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:11 AM
Launching!

I think that most of the 5th Gen Owners dont even know that the new Camaro is a continued generation of the F-body. Most get it to compete with the Dodge chargers and Challengers.

I raced an RS, beat it with ease then he shock his head, and sped off. Douchebag
Old 01-31-2012, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

The new Camaro is made for the "common people" like how the mustang has always been. This means that non-car enthusiasts are now buying camaros. A real car enthusiast would take a loss in stride rather than most so-cal driving idiots out there get pissed if they loose.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lots of ingnorant 5th gen owners look down on us 4th gen owners because our Cars are 10 years + old. Just like a lot of 4th gen Ls owners looked down on LT1's. I think it's these magazines that get people pumped up into thinking 425hp would murder a 325hp car but forgot about the weight issue. And the RS owners think 304 hp is good enough to stay with a 305 HP ls1 Z28
Old 01-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Teching In

majority of them are douches, just like majority of vette owners!

blowing their doors off with a poor man setup is great!

BUT NOTHING BETTER then blowing doors off when they have their girl in the car lol
Old 01-31-2012, 10:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

There's a black one rs I always see on the 60 coming from moval always driving like a douche.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, although I may not like that more douchebags are in the new Camaros now than in the past, these buyers will keep the Camaro alive. Not only these people, but all the other people that at some point didn't even consider a Camaro in the general population. This new Camaro was made to attract more people than just enthusiasts. This is what worked with Mustang and kept it from taking a hiatus unlike the Camaro.

Knowing all that, I still hate these douchebags that think their car is the ****, and then can't take a loss in stride. How in the hell do you get a thumbs down after you beat them?? Sore losers.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by C5natie
Was it a black charcoal GXP, lowered a bit?
its was lowered yes but was white on 10 freeway

Originally Posted by mannyman84
Lots of ingnorant 5th gen owners look down on us 4th gen owners because our Cars are 10 years + old. Just like a lot of 4th gen Ls owners looked down on LT1's. I think it's these magazines that get people pumped up into thinking 425hp would murder a 325hp car but forgot about the weight issue. And the RS owners think 304 hp is good enough to stay with a 305 HP ls1 Z28
It will always be like that though. I myself looked down and lt1s ( and i still have one) and esp the 3rd gens ...but still camaro>mustang nontheless IMO

thats also another thing I hate people saying, "My car has 425hp", these 5th gens and the srts that have been out are all heavy pigs, yeah they look cool with 32.5" rims but come on....then you ask them hmmmmm what's your hp to the tire? no clue
Old 01-31-2012, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hahahaha wow, completely agree with all of this..the majority of the 5th gen owners have no idea of the heritage and most are just the v6 or RS models, owned by gigantic tools. They also have no idea, like you guys said, of the weight these things have on them and think that just because it has some ponies under the hood (not at the wheels, another topic they don't understand) that they can beat anything else out there
Old 01-31-2012, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

A "douche-bag" is a "douche-bag", regardless of what they drive. Unfortunately those were driving 5th Gen Camaros.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I always get 5th gen Camaros trying to speed up and catch me on the fwy or trying to race. This is funny because last night a black SS was in the fast lane coming up quick, i was in the right lane next to him. I was driving chill, 75mph. I thought he was gonna pass me but when he heard my car he slowed down and just stayed next to me. I could see his bumper from the corner of my eye. Then he fell back, got behind me and a few miles later took another fwy. I was like, "ahh poor baby got scared." Maybe someone else taught him a lesson before. Lol.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I haven't had a new 5th gen try to race me yet, but I did have some tool trying to race me in a new v6 camry. People think that just because a car is new is faster.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

funny, i never have people try and race me when i am just cruising around.... maybe i am just in la la land
Old 01-31-2012, 04:17 PM
90z
Teching In

Originally Posted by C5natie
I always get 5th gen Camaros trying to speed up and catch me on the fwy or trying to race. This is funny because last night a black SS was in the fast lane coming up quick, i was in the right lane next to him. I was driving chill, 75mph. I thought he was gonna pass me but when he heard my car he slowed down and just stayed next to me. I could see his bumper from the corner of my eye. Then he fell back, got behind me and a few miles later took another fwy. I was like, "ahh poor baby got scared." Maybe someone else taught him a lesson before. Lol.
Originally Posted by NORCALMUSCLE1
majority of them are douches, just like majority of vette owners!

Quick Reply: What is with 5th gen owners?