Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Need some help from fellow LS1Techs...(UPDATE: FOUND CAR...NEED HELP W/AUCTION

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help from fellow LS1Techs...(UPDATE: FOUND CAR...NEED HELP W/AUCTION

My car was recently taken back by the bank as part of my parents bankruptcy; I attempted numerous contacts with the bank about possibly renegotiating the principle balance due on the car under my name (I have great credit) but they wanted no part of it -- as a result, I've lost my baby, a car I put a lot of time money and effort into...

I was told that the car will probably go to dealer auctions, which are not open to the public. Tried to contact some of the auction sites inquiring if they ever let the public in, and I was told no.

So I'm reach out to anyone out there that's willing to help me get my Z28 back..

1. Does anyone out there have a Dealership License? Apparently that's what's required to get access to these auctions.
2. Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? If so, how did you go about it?
3. IF I gave someone the VIN number, do you think it's possible to track the car? (my guess is no until the car is actually sold at auction, but you never know...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've come across some really cool people along the way on here since I had my car, and now that I don't have it anymore, I feel like a mess.

Last edited by DobsZ28; 02-28-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dam man sorry to hear. hope you can track it down and get it back
Old 02-15-2012, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a few contacts pm me the Vin and ill see what I can dig up.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SincalT/A

PM sent...
Old 02-16-2012, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

Thats brutal sorry man.

Good luck getting it back!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, I would've stole it from my parents.

Good luck, hope you get it back, **** like that is heartbreaking when you're powerless to stop it.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Damn, I would've stole it from my parents.

Good luck, hope you get it back, **** like that is heartbreaking when you're powerless to stop it.

Yeah, plus the tow truck driver who came to pick it up apparently didn't put it on a flat bed and messed up the front of the car...
Old 02-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Banned

Here's a tip, next time buy your own car and don't put it under anyone else's name or anything of the like. I just had to dissapoint the wife because her sister wanted me to co-sign on a loan for her. From what I understand is, that if her sister did'nt pay her loan, then it would be my responsibility. I was like "**** that" lol. I hope you are able to track it down man. I could'nt imagine someone trying to take my SS from me. Would have to pry it from my cold dead fingers lol.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SincalT/A

Any luck?
Old 02-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

That sucks man. Good luck to you
Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98V8gorilla
That sucks man. Good luck to you

Thanks...I got a response from another poster on here about a website that ADESA uses but I don't see my car there and I believe it's going to be a "dealer only" auction so I'm trying to figure out what I can do/who to contact...

I just want my car back.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

Found the car this morning; it's set to be auctioned in two days. If anybody, anybody out there has a friend, family, relative, whoever who can access Manheim online, please, please let me know.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

You need to contact a small auto dealer and tell them the situation, odds are they will go along with you and charge you $500-1500 and they will go to the auction with you and purchase the car for you or have you come along.

The Owner mentioned he could go buy a car for me like that not too long ago, give him a call and see what you can arrange. If he will not commit i recommend calling around to other places and seeing if they will.
http://internetmotors123.com/
Old 02-28-2012, 04:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 180ls1
You need to contact a small auto dealer and tell them the situation, odds are they will go along with you and charge you $500-1500 and they will go to the auction with you and purchase the car for you or have you come along.

The Owner mentioned he could go buy a car for me like that not too long ago, give him a call and see what you can arrange. If he will not commit i recommend calling around to other places and seeing if they will.
This is a good idea.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the contact...called them up, he thinks it's going to go for "at least" 6K, even though the car doesn't start and has 100K on it...
Old 02-28-2012, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

+1

I know people that have done this in similar situations. You need to start calling small auto dealers and see who would be willing to work with you.

Hope it works out for you.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by loyolacub68
+1

I know people that have done this in similar situations. You need to start calling small auto dealers and see who would be willing to work with you.

Hope it works out for you.

I've called about four or five different places. Explained to them that the car doesn't start, has had issues not starting and randomly shutting down for over a year now (which never got diagnosed...) and everyone says that the bidding is going to START at $5800.

I loved that car, no doubt, but if somebody is stupid enough to buy that car for 5800 knowing what I know about it...so long, Z28.

Appreciate the feedback from everyone, by the way. It's been a long stressful couple weeks but after hearing everyone saying it's going to go for way more than I would have paid, the whole thing is kind of funny in a sad way.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DobsZ28
I've called about four or five different places. Explained to them that the car doesn't start, has had issues not starting and randomly shutting down for over a year now (which never got diagnosed...) and everyone says that the bidding is going to START at $5800.

I loved that car, no doubt, but if somebody is stupid enough to buy that car for 5800 knowing what I know about it...so long, Z28.

Appreciate the feedback from everyone, by the way. It's been a long stressful couple weeks but after hearing everyone saying it's going to go for way more than I would have paid, the whole thing is kind of funny in a sad way.
I would want to be there and see if someone actually bids on it at that price.

If someone does bid on it at that price you gotta remember there are a lot of nice cars out there.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:05 AM
TECH Regular

lol $5800 lol maybe $800 at a dealer auction
Old 02-29-2012, 01:13 AM
TECH Addict

there is no way that auction will even see $5800, let alone start at it... Ive been to those auctions and that car will be lucky to go for $2500 if it was in perfect running condition.... they will get it for way way less than that since the only thing that makes that car worth anything is that is has an LS engine... if you can find that car, you will be able to get it cheap as hell.. only hangup I see is the price you have to pay to get in the gate... good luck man...

you know if a car gets repo'd and goes to auction, the previous owner is still liable for any difference in principal... they could still end up owing money on your car that belongs to you free and clear.. lol

Quick Reply: Need some help from fellow LS1Techs...(UPDATE: FOUND CAR...NEED HELP W/AUCTION