Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Vegas houses for rent.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vegas houses for rent.....

I'm moving to Vegas at end of this month, new job taking me there. I need some help on what areas to find a house for rent. I've been told NW and SW areas are ok.

thanks,
jc
Old 04-03-2012, 02:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BackInBlack02
I'm moving to Vegas at end of this month, new job taking me there. I need some help on what areas to find a house for rent. I've been told NW and SW areas are ok.

thanks,
jc
Where is your job, and how far are you looking to commute? If you are looking for a nice part of town, Lake Las Vegas is the best, but it's out there. Another nice area is Anthem.

As far as pricing goes, you'll be able to get a whole house for cheap. For example, we rent one of ours homes in Lake Las Vegas for $2500 a month. It's 4 bed, 3 bath, pool/spa, and 2 car garage. PM me if you need anything.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Job is near 215 and Decatur. I drive 20mi. on the 405 to work right now and I doubt is the traffic there is nothing like the 405 so the commute is not an issue. The lake might bee a bit far for now, I plan to buy but not right away. I've been looking on CL and there are a lot of rentals, what parts of vegas should I avoid?

thanks for the help, really appreciate it.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey these links will help you to not get scammed by houses for rent that are in foreclosure. I am in the Green Valley area and love it. The Silverado Ranch area is nice too. Average rent in these areas are around $1500 a month.
http://redrock.co.clark.nv.us/assrrealprop/site.aspx The first one enter the address to get the parcel #.
https://recorder.co.clark.nv.us/Reco...e/default.aspx Then this one click on Parcel and enter the #. This will give you all of the up to date info on the property to make sure your not going to get screwed.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

You could buy a decent
house for less money imo. I stay by Craig and Losee area zip is 89081. If I am not mistaking a couple around the area are for rent or sale and ive heard of people buying them and paying about 800 bucks or less. But id avoid the west side, old north las vegas.

There are nice houses towards 215 and decatur.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mike m
Hey these links will help you to not get scammed by houses for rent that are in foreclosure. I am in the Green Valley area and love it. The Silverado Ranch area is nice too. Average rent in these areas are around $1500 a month.
http://redrock.co.clark.nv.us/assrrealprop/site.aspx The first one enter the address to get the parcel #.
https://recorder.co.clark.nv.us/Reco...e/default.aspx Then this one click on Parcel and enter the #. This will give you all of the up to date info on the property to make sure your not going to get screwed.
Thanks for the links.

Originally Posted by dreemurY2K SS
You could buy a decent
house for less money imo. I stay by Craig and Losee area zip is 89081. If I am not mistaking a couple around the area are for rent or sale and ive heard of people buying them and paying about 800 bucks or less. But id avoid the west side, old north las vegas.

There are nice houses towards 215 and decatur.
why avoid the west side? I was told to avoid the east and north east, which are the bad areas??
Old 04-04-2012, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Well i just say north town, the old north town because its ghetto and lots of crime I guess and west side its the same thing, every 7 eleven around there has thiefs about every night. East side is mixed. It has its goods and bads. You can find a house like around my neighborhood or near your job for around 1k or so, and their magnificent houses, calm quiet area.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Depends on how much you are looking to spend on rent. North and East Vegas are definitely considered the bad sides of town, but you will definitely find decent neighborhoods in these areas.

In my opinion, the better areas are Summerlin, Henderson, Aliante, and Blue Diamond but you will also look at rent prices around 1500-2000 a month

Stay clear of Old Henderson, it's just as bad as North Vegas. I live on the East side and have not had any problems yet.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

The 215 crosses Decatur in 2 areas, in the north and then in the south, where are you refering to? I live near the south end of the 215 and decatur and I really like it hear. I dont live in a gated community and havent had a problem with neighbors or anything. (I think I make all the noise here). There are alot of nicer places as mentioned above, but I really like my location and how close it is the the strip/airport/I-15. I cant say what rent is around me(89139) but I know that I could have paid alot less up north.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree with Hawaiian....he IS the loudest in his block!!!! lol
Old 04-09-2012, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

Thanks, my work is on the SW side around the airport but West of the 15. I was out there on Saturday looking at houses, I found one near Rainbow and Robindale on SW side, I put the app in, waiting to hear back. I'm set to start work on 5/1, need to get out there in the next 3wks.

Any good moving companies out there you would recommend? or if you know of which to stay away from I'd appreciate it.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bekins would be my number 1 choice, but they are priced on the higher side.
Give them a call 702-798-5561, ask for Guy Gida and tell them that Airgroup gave you their information. We give them all kinds of business from the MGM Grand, Wynn, and all the other major players in town.

Or pm me all the info and I'll set this up for you.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:09 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info for Bekins, I'll give them a call.

Does NV have emissions test? how strict are they?
Old 04-13-2012, 01:50 AM
On The Tree

Yes emissions test. on your car it would be a visual and a hook up to the OBD port for OBD2 cars, OBD1 still has sniffer.

btw, I noticed your in huntington, I just posted a thread asking some info about HB for a weekend vacation for my girl and I.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LVZ2881
Yes emissions test. on your car it would be a visual and a hook up to the OBD port for OBD2 cars, OBD1 still has sniffer.

btw, I noticed your in huntington, I just posted a thread asking some info about HB for a weekend vacation for my girl and I.
thanks for the info, so is it the same as CA?

just replied to your post.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BackInBlack02
thanks for the info, so is it the same as CA?

just replied to your post.
Not sure what CA emissions testing is, but they dont put them on a rolling road or anything.

we are starting to get the mobile smog stations too..
Old 04-13-2012, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LVZ2881
Not sure what CA emissions testing is, but they dont put them on a rolling road or anything.

we are starting to get the mobile smog stations too..
any smog hook ups there? I think I'm gonna need some for my car.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:41 PM
Teching In

I know this thread is old but...looking for an affordable repair/speed shop in las vegas. List em off if you can. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

You are going to get a lot of biased responses here. Everyone has had different experiences with the shops in town, depending on your needs..............

Sullivan Performace - Sam
Stable Racing - Darrell
Leading Edge Performace - Garth

and a few others that I can't remember right now. DO YOUR HOMEWORK and ask around about experiences. Do not jump into something right away just because you are in hurry to mod your car.

Far too many people choose to work on their own cars in Las Vegas for obvious reasons.

Quick Reply: Vegas houses for rent.....