Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Midwestern forum sucks!!

Old 04-04-2012, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwestern forum sucks!!

I posted a couple questions on the midwestern region area and of course get nothing back, I moved back to Iowa after being in cali for 5 years and had always had luck getting feed back from you guys so heres my question and maybe ill have better luck lo l

I have the 5.7 LS1 with the top end where i want it, the only old parts i have on it are the crank pistons and block, (150,000 mi) looking into a stroker kit to freshin it up, any sugestions for what type of kit? a link would be great.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

150K isn't bad for H/C car if that's what you mean by top end like you want it. Not familiar about the bottom end building though :/. Hey atleast I replied
Old 04-04-2012, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by killerblue31
I posted a couple questions on the midwestern region area and of course get nothing back, I moved back to Iowa after being in cali for 5 years and had always had luck getting feed back from you guys so heres my question and maybe ill have better luck lo l

I have the 5.7 LS1 with the top end where i want it, the only old parts i have on it are the crank pistons and block, (150,000 mi) looking into a stroker kit to freshin it up, any sugestions for what type of kit? a link would be great.
Whats your goals? Street or strip? How much power are you looking to make? What is your current top end?
Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 PM
10 Second Club

Not sure why u have to knock us saying the midwestern forum sucks, could ask that in the Generation III Internal Engine section instead of the Regional Forums and gotten plenty of responses. or better yet do some reading and searches.

comes down to your pocket book.. Check out the vendors to your right and look at what different rotating assemblies cost.

Last edited by waterbug1999; 04-04-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:19 PM

right now i have ls2 heads, torquer v2 cam exhaust etc.. Im looking into tryin to dip into low 11's or high 10's. Just wanna know if there are any good stroker kits to beef up the bottom end, i need a bigger stall converter that'll help a bit like a 3200 mild.. its my everyday driver too just trying to find a happy medium.. its starting to eat oil a little bit so i figured i'd go big sense its gunna be cracked open
Old 04-05-2012, 02:20 PM
10 Second Club

just pick up a 383 rotating assembly.. what brands depends on your pocket book.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by killerblue31
right now i have ls2 heads, torquer v2 cam exhaust etc.. Im looking into tryin to dip into low 11's or high 10's. Just wanna know if there are any good stroker kits to beef up the bottom end, i need a bigger stall converter that'll help a bit like a 3200 mild.. its my everyday driver too just trying to find a happy medium.. its starting to eat oil a little bit so i figured i'd go big sense its gunna be cracked open
Being "cracked open" for cam/heads really doesn't make it easier to rebuild the motor unless you're pulling it out of the car. If you've got cash, then pay to play I suppose. Cant hurt anything. However, it is normal for LSX motors to burn oil. Some do and some don't. Some do it after they get high mileage, some start to do it while they're low mileage. So I really wouldn't say its a sign its starting to give. Mine's got more miles then yours and I still plan to cam it at the very least. If it runs good and you've taken care of the motor, then stick with it. Mine's had nothing but full syn. since it was new.

Search this Thread