Go Back   LS1TECH > REGIONAL FORUMS > Western Members
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Cat Back Exhaust systems

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
Staging Lane
1998 Pontiac Trans Am
98TransAmAngryBird's Avatar
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Redlands, CA
Posts: 51
Default Cat Back Exhaust systems

Hey guys, I am looking into putting a nice sounding exhaust system in my 98 trans am. Right now it is completely stock. My question is, what's up with the California restrictions??? I want to buy new headers/ exhaust, but I am a little worried about what my capabilities are?? I want to keep it street legal. I am looking for good song sound and performance. What are some of your guys setups? How much did it cost? Any good dealers in the So Cal area? Any info is greatly appreciated. I am new to the LS1 scene. thanks
98TransAmAngryBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
TECH Enthusiast
2002 Pontiac Trans Am
My Garage
mannyman84's Avatar
Trader Rating: 2
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hawthorne CA
Posts: 568

What's the budget? Corsa and GMMG are great

-02 ws6 tuned @CMS pretty quick I guess.
-1990 GTA trans am 1 of 884
Modern Muscle CC

98% of all fords are still out on the road today, the other 2% made it back home.
mannyman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now
Thizizkai's Avatar
Trader Rating: 3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 179

I ran JBA Shorties Catted to SLP LM1 and it was pretty decent...tho I would probably not pay the price for the JBA's again...never again...LM1 are really cheap but if you plan on LT's than yeah GMMG , Corsa, Magnaflow are my favorites
00 Camaro Z28 Convertible sold
04 Lancer Ralliart FOR SALE!! 103k Clean Title pm all stock white 5 Speed 5k firm.
73 Camaro LS1/4L60E(Sold)
95 Firebird Trans AM (Sold)
73 Camaro LSX in the works (Sold)
75 Camaro LT
01 Camaro Z28 TTop
Thizizkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
12 Second Club
1999 Pontiac Firebird
ZexGX's Avatar
Trader Rating: 28
Join Date: May 2007
Location: under a JEGS hat
Posts: 2,735
Send a message via AIM to ZexGX

I have JBA shorties right now. They're better than stock manifolds, but how much exactly I can't say. I paid about $200 for them, and ended up taking a rotary grinder to the huge weld spatters on the inside of the primaries (cheezy) to clean them up.
'99 Firebird: Under the Knife
February 2012 GMHTP Street Heat Car
ZexGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

98, aftermarket, back, california, cat, exhaust, high, kits, legal, muffler, mybb, performance, powered, put, system, trans, ws6

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Join Ls1Tech

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Service - Privacy Statement - JOBS
Emails & Contact Details