Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anyone work for CDCR?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone work for CDCR?

Couldn't find any threads with a search. Just wondering if anyone works for Department of Corrections in California. Specifically in a facility?

I'm going through the process now. Just waiting to be contacted back to meet with background investigator. Passed my PAT earlier last month, pretty easy if you are even in decent shape. Written test was very basic stuff as well. Hoping I make it all the way through.

Dad was talking with my uncle(which is currently a CO)
Dad spoke to mom
Mom spoke to me (which she wasn't supposed to lol, not to get my hopes up)

Apparently if I was assigned an background investigator I pretty much got the job cause everything else is smooth sailing according to my uncle. But not sure how much he knows exactly since I believe the process has changed quite a bit since 2000-2001 when I think he went through everything.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope u get the job! Also when I'm in there be nice!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I was a State Employee for 7 years and left a few months ago to work for PG&E. I was not a CO i worked for Dept of Transportation. I however had several friends and the Pastor husband at our church is a CO.
They have been handing pink slips to current CO with the furloughs we had to take and the whole pension reform with Jerry Brown. Check out Sac Bee state worker http://blogs.sacbee.com/the_state_worker/ and you will see CDC is in the limelight quite a bit and furlough hoopla
Hope you get on

Quick Reply: Anyone work for CDCR?