Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Removing Stickers from Tint

Old 08-04-2012, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Removing Stickers from Tint

Hey everybody... I have been gone for a long time... sorry, freakin recruiting duty. I hope to be back in Cali in a year or two. Barely have time to drive the camaro anymore...
I was wondering if anyone has some tricks for this? I have tint on ALL windows, and have some stickers from my old apartment complex. I want to take them off (one is in the back and one is inside the windshield), but I am afraid to screw with them and jack up the tint. I tried a search, but I haven't found anything.
Also, there is a chip in my windshield (damn rocks) that I want to get the bubble trick done. I have had it done on other cars, but never the Camaro. Will the heat from bubble they use to fill it jack up the tint?
Old 08-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Launching!

why not just use soupy water. let them soak.
Thats if they are paper base stickers, If they are plastic, then there is no tricks. Peel them slowly.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

One is plastic and the other is a metalic one.... FML. The first one has been on there since about 2006, and used to spend a lot of time in the SoCal sun. The other since 08 or 09, same story. I am worried that I will start peeling them off and will get them half way off and they will look like ***.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont see why a steamer wont work, if they are on the glass and not on the tint side . it will remove the tint super fast so if its on that side i wouldnt recommend that
Old 08-05-2012, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MJs1FastSS
i dont see why a steamer wont work, if they are on the glass and not on the tint side . it will remove the tint super fast so if its on that side i wouldnt recommend that
both stickers are on the in side....
though I do have my old base decals on the outside that have to get cleaned off for the new ones. I will look at the steamer option for that, though I was planning on using goo be gone.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removing Stickers from Tint