Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Who's a good tuner around Northern Cali?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's a good tuner around Northern Cali?

Just moved here from TX, and looking to have my car tuned. Any place or individual who you recommend?
Old 04-21-2015, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Free bump. I would also be interested in recommendations, as there is no sticky with shops, tuners and such.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Where do you live?

I know a few in the bay area (San Fran) or in the Central Valley.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:53 AM
TECH Regular

Synergy in Livermore.
Mark Romans in the Sac area
DNR in Hayward(?)
There are one or two in South San Fran as well, not sure of their names but others may chime in.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:46 PM
Teching In

I'm in the Bay Area, East Bay to be specific. This would also be for an LS-3 RX7, not an F-Body in my case. Also, any of these places willing to talk performance without trying to sell me the entire summit racing, or jeg's catalog? Not sure about David, though. He could be from Yreka for all I know.

EDIT: Though, I do have a GM PCM and OBD2 port, it's not standalone.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Another V8 RX7
I'm in the Bay Area, East Bay to be specific. This would also be for an LS-3 RX7, not an F-Body in my case. Also, any of these places willing to talk performance without trying to sell me the entire summit racing, or jeg's catalog? Not sure about David, though. He could be from Yreka for all I know.

EDIT: Though, I do have a GM PCM and OBD2 port, it's not standalone.
Is your RX7 an FD? Dark colored one from Pittsburg area?
Old 04-26-2015, 02:58 AM
Teching In

No, it's a peeling silver 92.5 FD and it's been sitting in my driveway. I'm waiting on my LS3 e-rod from summit. I ordered it to make getting it bar'd easier. Then I can get it registered in a non-emissions county and then do nothing, because I'd never break the law. It should be fully operational late this summer, early fall. Meaning winter next year. Seriously though, I'm trying to move as fast as I can w/o making big mistakes.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try newtech or joshs tuner gp tuning in hayward
Old 04-26-2015, 07:39 PM
Teching In

I appreciate all the responses and hopefully this is helping out David as well. You know, since this is his thread and all. Lol. Anyone gone to TPS, their website is impressive compared to a lot of other Bay Area shops. They were mentioned on a corvette forum and I was wondering if anyone knew anything. Again, thanks guys.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Another V8 RX7
I appreciate all the responses and hopefully this is helping out David as well. You know, since this is his thread and all. Lol. Anyone gone to TPS, their website is impressive compared to a lot of other Bay Area shops. They were mentioned on a corvette forum and I was wondering if anyone knew anything. Again, thanks guys.
I haven't had any work done by TPS personally, so keep that in mind. That said, I've heard enough to where I wouldn't go to TPS for work. Every shop has both good and bad reviews, of course. I'd take the time to chat with a few on the phone (those that you can make contact with) and see who works out for you.

I had a previous tune done by Rick @ Synergy. He's very direct and can come off like a dick, but I'd trust his work again. A bit difficult to get a hold of at times.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Red03GT
Synergy in Livermore.
Mark Romans in the Sac area
DNR in Hayward(?)
There are one or two in South San Fran as well, not sure of their names but others may chime in.
Mark Romans all the way! He tuned my cammed LQ4 in my 2002 Camaro. Real nice guy and knows what he is doing. Car performed yet I was able to still daily it even with a 630 lift cam.
Old 12-18-2021, 12:03 PM
Staging Lane

BACK FROM THE DEAD!. Ok, I used the search function and came to this. Im up north of sac and would be driving down. Are these guys still around and if so does anybody have contact info. I'm going to need a tune. And would like to start talking to a tuner to make sure I can get the best support/reliability with the EFI system. OEM GM vs Holley sniper. The vehicle will be DD and I want a professional tune that I don't have to mess with all the time. did my own tunes on a past project. That was ok but I would be fun and time ahead with a pro tunner. Thanks hope this thread is not dead!

Quick Reply: Who's a good tuner around Northern Cali?