Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Best motor honey or additive to quiet rodknock? Trading car in at dealer

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 09:52 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Best motor honey or additive to quiet rodknock? Trading car in at dealer

Hey all, was hoping you could help suggest the THICKEST additive besides STP or Motor Honey to put in my TBSS. Spun a couple of rod bearings it seems like, and only starts knocking when it warms up the coolant to 210+. I just filled it with straight SAE 40 weight and that seemed to really help quiet it. Trading the car in at the dealer tomorrow afternoon for a new escalade. Thanks a million!
Old 07-28-2015, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U can afford a new esclade and your gonna screw someone over with your POS. Sounds like your a real stand up guy.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:34 PM
Staging Lane

lol jeez...

No issues with the conscience huh?

I hate dealerships as much as the next guy... but pawning off a problem on someone else and intentionally hiding it just seems wrong IMO.

Regardless, Lucas oil stabilizer is pretty thick stuff.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:08 PM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Anyone know what dealerships are in his area? They should be notified of this thread...
Old 07-28-2015, 11:24 PM
Launching!

Bet this didn't start out as the OP planned.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:27 AM
Staging Lane

I just hate to see things like this happen. Gets the car to quiet down, makes it through the dealers quick service. Some guy or gal buys it, and then they are stuck with some broke ****, with an AS-IS sale. They have to come up with a few grand to replace the **** motor. Only mode of transportation? issues with that as well...

Shady dealerships using HeadGasket pour in patches to sell cars...

You may just want to screw the dealership, but you are potentially screwing an innocent person who might buy it.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dave04da
U can afford a new esclade and your gonna screw someone over with your POS. Sounds like your a real stand up guy.
Dealers **** folks daily.....

I'd show up 1st thing in the am and make sure it's cooled all the way off,add water wetter,straight 50w non synthetic oil and let her go. Will probably be hard to find s str8 50w oil that isn't called "break in oil" or "hi detergent" oil

Have a friend go for a spirited test drive as soon as it hits the dealers lot and finish the motor off!!!
Old 07-29-2015, 08:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by drew408
Dealers **** folks daily.....
I completely agree... In fact, I believe the Mutli-store hometown dealership I bough my car from cleared my CEL before I test drove and bought it, but don't you remember your parents telling you "two wrong don't make a right"?

Just because people get murdered everyday, doesn't make it O.K. to go out and murder too.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JacksonJ
I completely agree... In fact, I believe the Mutli-store hometown dealership I bough my car from cleared my CEL before I test drove and bought it, but don't you remember your parents telling you "two wrong don't make a right"?

Just because people get murdered everyday, doesn't make it O.K. to go out and murder too.
Well it would actually be 3 wrongs don't make 1'right....

Let us not forget why the damage is done in the 1st place,GM designed and sold a high performance vehicle with a oil system that is inadequate at controlling "slosh" and uncovers the pump pickup. And even on stock vehicles no less....
Old 07-29-2015, 09:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Lucas stuff works great. Ppl do it all the time and the dealers expect this. I replace a couple of engines ppl traded in there car. Why dealers don't give a lot for trade in. Didn't say it's right lol but it's the business.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:25 AM
Staging Lane

Just browsed through a TBSS forum, that's some BS that should have been uncovered during testing. Looks like there are aftermarket kits to re-locate the pickup tubes with the stock pan?

Why GM doesn't recall and fix these ridiculous issues is beyond me.

But the dealerships / buyers are not GM, and are not responsible for poor design.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JacksonJ
Just browsed through a TBSS forum, that's some BS that should have been uncovered during testing. Looks like there are aftermarket kits to re-locate the pickup tubes with the stock pan?

Why GM doesn't recall and fix these ridiculous issues is beyond me.

But the dealerships / buyers are not GM, and are not responsible for poor design.

If that was the case,dealers would be good willing low mile engines that devolop problems but they DO NOT.

I actually got my 243/799 heads and TBSS intake from a blown one at the local dealer who was sold a very expensive replacement engine.

And that was an under 50k mile engine w/ zero mods.

Personally,as many people as a dealer bends over and the way I've seen dealers try everything to wiggle out of warranty issues over the years,I feel that if some1 can get somthing over on them for once,more power to them.

And that's GM,Ford,Honda,BMW,Mercedes,etc,etc.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:44 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Welp, I wish someone would have responded but they didn't so I ended up putting 5 entire cans of Casite Motor Honey in the oil and then traded it in. They started the engine and drove it around the lot to make sure it shifted all the gears, then shut it off and parked. Gave them the check for the Escalade and off I drove! Got a phone call in the evening when they went to take it for gas and detail it the manager noticed it was knocking. Told me I was an ******* and to never come back to the dealer but that was it. Hooah!
Old 07-30-2015, 06:28 AM
TECH Regular

Classy OP. I'll be keeping an eye out for any future threads in the for sale section so I can let people know what scum bag you are.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm calling BS on the OP's last post. Dealerships don't gas up and detail cars a few hours after the sale nor they call their customers to tell them they're ******** and never to come back. I should know, I work at a Toyota dealer. There's quite a paper trail process that takes place before a car is even deemed ready to be sent to detail, it actually goes through a mechanical inspection/body shop (if needed) before being sent to detail.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

That's a dick move.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Well at least the manager found out of the rod nock. Now it's up to him if he wants to trowh another engine or sell it with the rod knock
Old 07-31-2016, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

1 year later.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:53 AM
Teching In

Daaayum homie Nice, Z06 in the SIG.

I have a coworker who just leased one, one hell of a car.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by L3THAL_Z28
I'm calling BS on the OP's last post. Dealerships don't gas up and detail cars a few hours after the sale nor they call their customers to tell them they're ******** and never to come back. I should know, I work at a Toyota dealer. There's quite a paper trail process that takes place before a car is even deemed ready to be sent to detail, it actually goes through a mechanical inspection/body shop (if needed) before being sent to detail.
Sup buddy...how is Jose B doing? If you remember i sold you a part out of my Trans Am

Quick Reply: Best motor honey or additive to quiet rodknock? Trading car in at dealer