Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

LS3 into 1978 Trans-Am -Orange/LA CA

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 02:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 into 1978 Trans-Am -Orange/LA CA

I'm buying a new LS3 e-rod engine and a Hydra-Matic 4L65-E Four-Speed Automatic Transmission (or whichever Transmission is best recommend). I need the car to be able to pass CA emissions after the install is completed. Right now the 78 has the stock 403 olds. I will need whatever else is required to get the install done properly.

I'm looking for recommendations/referrals on shops that can it the job done right and in a timely manner. Located in Orange County CA, or possibly LA or Sand Diego county. They'll need to be in charge for selecting all the correct CARB items (example: tank, CAT, fuel pump...) and anything else to get the swap done properly.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-13-2017, 03:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Depending on how far you want to go, we are in Laguna Hills and this is what we specialize in. Shoot me a PM if you want more info and feel free to look us up on facebook, instagram, yelp, etc.

ACM Performance
Old 03-30-2017, 03:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1Psycho
Depending on how far you want to go, we are in Laguna Hills and this is what we specialize in. Shoot me a PM if you want more info and feel free to look us up on facebook, instagram, yelp, etc.

ACM Performance
Thanks. I will try to come over this weekend.

Quick Reply: LS3 into 1978 Trans-Am -Orange/LA CA