Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Dyno Shop?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dyno Shop?

HI. I'm looking for a dyno somewhere near redlands, riverside, or san bernardino. Could you please let me know which ones are out there and that you may recommend. I think are ones in riverside($150 for 3 pulls, FWIR), rialto?, UTI in rancho cucamonga, and dyno-works in san bernardino. I was referred to Westech Performance in mira loma by J&M speed center but haven't had a chance to call them yet. Thanks for your help.

BTW. I want to use race gas when I go. I'm thinking VP Motorsport 103 or Sunoco 104. Any suggestions on that would be great too. Thanks again
Old 12-20-2005, 07:58 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001HSKRSS
HI. I'm looking for a dyno somewhere near redlands, riverside, or san bernardino. Could you please let me know which ones are out there and that you may recommend. I think are ones in riverside($150 for 3 pulls, FWIR), rialto?, UTI in rancho cucamonga, and dyno-works in san bernardino. I was referred to Westech Performance in mira loma by J&M speed center but haven't had a chance to call them yet. Thanks for your help.

BTW. I want to use race gas when I go. I'm thinking VP Motorsport 103 or Sunoco 104. Any suggestions on that would be great too. Thanks again
Here is a place for you http://tuningtechnologies.com/index.html
Old 12-21-2005, 08:27 AM
11 Second Club

I’ve been to tuning technologies a few times the guys over there are great. I can be a bit of a “dick” about how I want things done when others work on my car and they were very accommodating. I have also been to Dyno-Works as well Dave was always very cool to me. I have not been there since the new owners have taken over. I think they are called S T Motorsports now.

RE: race gas I mix 1 gal of 100 VP race gas to 3 gal of 91 Union 76 to get an octane rating of about 93 which is what my tuner recommended for my car. I have stock internals but am on the bottle. I monitor my dyno runs with auto tap and do not have any KR problems. There have been several discussion on various boards I visit about running gas with too high of an octane rating being just as bad as too little. One guy related octane to an fire extinguisher too much and the fire does not burn hot enough to give a complete burn causing a loss of power, too little and you get an explosion in the cylinder instead of a burn causing KR and a loss in power.

Below is a link to a good article I read about octane ratings it touts Union 76 gas which is what I use. From what I have read most all premium brands of gas are all quality products. It also has a link to the blending chart I use when blending the gas mixture for my car. The 76 station over here in Norco sells VP Racing gas now they have a blending chart on there site as well.

http://www.osbornauto.com/racing/dragster.htm
Old 12-21-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rdewalt
The 76 station over here in Norco sells VP Racing gas now they have a blending chart on there site as well.
Where is this 76 station?
Old 12-21-2005, 06:48 PM
11 Second Club

Mike’s 76 2807 Hamner Ave Norco CA across from the Stater Brothers shopping center. Its between 3rd and 4th Street on the east side of Hamner Ave.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Dyno Shop?