Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Got caught going 65 in 40 - AZ

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got caught going 65 in 40 - AZ

So i was cruising around bell; going about 65 mph and i get pulled over by one of those dick motorcycle cops and i get handcuffed and arrested.

kind of sucks and now i have a criminal speeding ticket.

he said i would have gone to jail if i didnt have diabetes which i do and its a pretty nasty medical condition.

anyone wonder what might happen?? i have to go to court on feb 14th, which gives me time but i dunno...i had one speeding ticket about 8 months ago. besides that i am clean..

very worried
Old 01-07-2006, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Hey... I am curious as to why the cop said you would have gone to jail if you didn't have diabetes? I am a diabetic too on an insulin pump... What the hell was his problem? I also work for a huge attorney firm...

Originally Posted by Cchris1109
So i was cruising around bell; going about 65 mph and i get pulled over by one of those dick motorcycle cops and i get handcuffed and arrested.

kind of sucks and now i have a criminal speeding ticket.

he said i would have gone to jail if i didnt have diabetes which i do and its a pretty nasty medical condition.

anyone wonder what might happen?? i have to go to court on feb 14th, which gives me time but i dunno...i had one speeding ticket about 8 months ago. besides that i am clean..

very worried
Old 01-07-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont have the pump which could be a reason why, not to mention under severe stress it will make me get high/low depending on situation.

since you work at a law firm, what do you think could happen???

ticket says 70 *but i went 65* in a 40 and thats all i got charged for.

i have one speeding ticket but that was about 8 months ago.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

Well let me say I totally understand the "stress" part... Before I had the pump I was so out of control. I was afraid to drive my cars for fear that I would go too low while driving. I have had it for 21 yrs and it's NOT FUN.

In regards to your ticket, it depends what the rules are in your state. Here in Florida it really depends on who you get for a judge and your attitude. If you have a clean record (other than that one 8 months ago) I don't see you having too much of a problem. Also it depends on if the dick cop shows up in court. I would make up so horse **** story that your blood sugar was too low and you were very nervous and you needed to get somewhere to get some sugar and be around people. I had to use that line once and totally got away with a ticket. What was your sugar level at the time you got pulled? You could very well use diabetes in your defense in this case...

i dont have the pump which could be a reason why, not to mention under severe stress it will make me get high/low depending on situation.

since you work at a law firm, what do you think could happen???

ticket says 70 *but i went 65* in a 40 and thats all i got charged for.

i have one speeding ticket but that was about 8 months ago.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha i was about 500 after i got home lol

i was wayyyyy stressed

and im very worried that its gonna be like 1000 ticket

im also straight A student, president scholarship and im gonna be a teacher haha

also what was odd, that cop continued to be behind for about 5 miles, and he would get really close to me, and if i went faster so did he, if i slowed down, so did he, it was very odd..
Old 01-07-2006, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

OMG! My blood sugar can go that high if I am stressed.... My heart rate is like off the charts and I feel very groggy. What does your b/s usually run? I was 800 when diagnosed but I try and stay around 120-170. I need that comfort range so I don't stay too low. I have passed out twice and have come very close to it many times. The other night I woke up and I was 35. The 2:00 a.m. hour is my bad time...

Any way of checking with the courts to see what the amount would possibly be? I can do some checking for you on Monday and let you know what that scenario would be in Florida.

The cop sounds like a real weirdo... He may have been following you to see what your next move was to see maybe of you were lying to him about have diabetes or some bullshit... You background should also help you out (staright A student, etc.)

haha i was about 500 after i got home lol

i was wayyyyy stressed

and im very worried that its gonna be like 1000 ticket

im also straight A student, president scholarship and im gonna be a teacher haha

also what was odd, that cop continued to be behind for about 5 miles, and he would get really close to me, and if i went faster so did he, if i slowed down, so did he, it was very odd..
Old 01-07-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

my first B/S was 1210ish or something haha

ive had it for about 14 years, im 20 now.

Yes that would be awesome, i am pretty sure florida would be more serious as compared to arizona, due to florida having way more people and racers.

the other cops *who were extremely nice* said that i was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

LOL! Yeah it sounds like you were in the wrong place at the wrong time... Obviously someone pissed in his Cheerios this morning and he was taking his bad day out on you. I don't know about you but when my b/s is high, I can be a total bitch... Something in the hormones. Don't mean to get that way, it just happens... I would of gotten in deeper **** because I probably would of run my mouth... LOL!

my first B/S was 1210ish or something haha

ive had it for about 14 years, im 20 now.

Yes that would be awesome, i am pretty sure florida would be more serious as compared to arizona, due to florida having way more people and racers.

the other cops *who were extremely nice* said that i was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey man cchris, is that you who i was hanging out with last night?? you used to have the volvo right? I had the black steeda mustang last night but i usually have my ws6.. didnt you just just get that car?
Old 01-07-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah it is you for sure... sorry to hear that because all of us did alot of messing around on bell.. up to 80-100mph racing that srt and never got caught, im going back out tonight in the t/a and im gonna be real careful. I got a criminal speeding ticket last year for 75 in a 40 and all in all it was 150 dollars and like 12 hrs community service, Which was awesome because it was my first offense.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got one of those in Houston about 2 years ago. I was thrown in jail for 26 hours, had to post a $500 bond, paid a $500 fine, and got my license suspended for 6 months. Now that cop was a real dick. What was great about it was the fact that I was home on R&R from Iraq.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Banned

sorry to hear about the ticket

but the chances of you getting off are about 10% the cops are on a campaign on bell to stop the drag racing and all the ricers. they have radar cops hiding by buildings the the units are down the street to stop you if you get radared.

the cop was following you to "gauge" your speed to make sure if you were speeding or not, since he couldn't radar you while riding the bike.

if you have not went to driving school in the last 2 years? you can pay the fee and take the class the it will not show up on your record (for insurance). if you have? then just pay the fine and drive like grandma in sun city
Old 01-07-2006, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why would you get arrested? is it because it's 25+ over the limit? I got a 60 in a 35 ticket one night and I just got a 180 dollar fine here in cali, traffic school, and no insurance penalty. That sucks dude
Old 01-08-2006, 01:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

anything 20 over in AZ is criminal traffic and you can be arrested, that is if the cop is a dick of course. Most of them are
Old 01-08-2006, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

thank god im geneticaly F'ed up haha

i couldnt go in a cell without food, medication, ect.

Quick Reply: Got caught going 65 in 40 - AZ