Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Filing Taxes in Ca pisses me off

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Filing Taxes in Ca pisses me off

I don't remember this last year but I just filed my taxes and residents of Ca have to pay a sales tax on items purchased over the internet from different states. How gay is that, luckily I didn't make any out of state purchases last year but next year I will since I've already bought stuff, and I will probably buy more. It is annoying because the state had nothing to do with the items themselves but they have the power to tax it, **** reminds me of customs, which pisses me off too. I am too afraid to not report them either
Old 02-17-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris95Z
I don't remember this last year but I just filed my taxes and residents of Ca have to pay a sales tax on items purchased over the internet from different states. How gay is that, luckily I didn't make any out of state purchases last year but next year I will since I've already bought stuff, and I will probably buy more. It is annoying because the state had nothing to do with the items themselves but they have the power to tax it, **** reminds me of customs, which pisses me off too. I am too afraid to not report them either

how in the world could they inforce this? sounds like b/s to me. I'll be dam if i do
Old 02-18-2006, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

**** it... how the hell are they gunna know????
Old 02-18-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

this is crap. I've purchased numerous out of state goods, and never once recorded it on state tax forms. Haven't come after me yet, so I'm gonna keep stickin it to the man...
Old 02-18-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Regular

I doubt the state would come after a person for 40 in tax owed, but the fines are what worry me, If I see something out of state in my bank statement I get paranoid now because it is a written record. I first heard about this **** on the news and when I got my update to turbotax it showed up.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw that too. I spent thousands buying parts and stuff over the net last year. I did it for the sole purpose of avoiding CA sales tax.

The people who should get pissed are the California companies who lose business because it's cheaper to buy parts out of state and have them shipped in. For example, Speed Engineering had a great price on a FAST intake. Problem is, tax would have bumped the price by approx. $60.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing, it looks to be audit leverage. When you get audited, they will have access to that documentation (the "written record" you mention).
Old 02-20-2006, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

I doubt they wold come after you for it. Only if you got audited and they really dug for things might they find it, and even so they would likely correct things, show you how to do it right and maybe give you a warning. I think they're really more interested in deeper pockets.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

i avoid it. no probs
Old 02-26-2006, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

*** That **** dude.. i aint reporting ****

Quick Reply: Filing Taxes in Ca pisses me off