Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

insurance companies

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 01:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default insurance companies

My claim on my Vette just got denied, actually i was forced to withdraw the claim, but dont try to bullshit insurance companies about stuff, they investigated me, went into my personal life and on the forum, and found out about my car. they dont **** around, word from the now wise.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel for you man
Old 04-05-2006, 01:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

yeah it was a long shot claim, but i almost got criminal charges against me for it, so i will never do that again, i guess i will just make it a race car now
Old 04-05-2006, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn That Sucks!

Full Drag? or road Coarse..... You could 4 link the bitch and really run some insane times.........
Old 04-05-2006, 03:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by evojuiced
Damn That Sucks!

Full Drag? or road Coarse..... You could 4 link the bitch and really run some insane times.........
you know me i am crazy lol
Old 04-05-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Insurance, gotta love em. It's not like you didn't get *** raped on rates...

They gave it to you on both ends.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry

yeah because they can, the investigater was a real dick too, man you live and learn, after i told him i that i wanted to withdraw the claim, he kept harassing me
Old 04-05-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

What did you try to claim?
Old 04-05-2006, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
you know me i am crazy lol
Lets pull the motor in the TA put the 408 in it and call it a day.

Then put a stock ls6 in the Z and just cruise it.

Or pull the Tranny and moser from the TA and put it in the vette with some creative engineering.

From what you can sell your driveline in the vette for you could pay for the whole swap then just put stock stuff in the TA......
Old 04-05-2006, 05:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

well i need to think about stuff
Old 04-05-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

I had a imaculent (sp?) 92 25th anny camaro with brand new tires this car was baby'ed, Well it got stolen and when it was recovered it had bald tires and no seats or carpet, and INS.company (allstate) gave me 500.00 ( I had full coverage) for it and when I asked why so little they said tire';s are bald and no intereior, and I was like no **** the thieves took everything out, but they didn't belive me. Ins companys are the biggest rip offs no wonder why people don't have it, it does no good but drain your money. Oh yea they paid for a rental it was a geo metro with no a/c and no power steering, and it was summer in texas!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

yeah so true, so true
Old 04-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Launching!

hey now hey now. do you know what the claim was for? you know the majority of the coverages on the policy are all meant to protect you against certain losses. as you increase the risk you increase the premium. there is a higher than normal chance that with that car that much power is going to hurt somebody. if you were to get into an accident and hurt somebody that car insurance if set up right will protect your home your investments and your livelihood. incase you are wondering how let me break it down. if you have only the california state minimum of 15/30 10 and you get in an accident and seriously hurt someone or even kill them how much are the people going to sue you for. a lot higher than the 15000 you are covered for. where are the people going to get the rest? they are going to sue you for the equity you have in a home any investment assetts and finally 25 percent of your income for life or until the debt is paid. how much is the zo6 insurance for a good driver 150 a month or so i would guess. i haven't looked yet. yes that may sound like a lot but think of what you are protecting. you are honestly spending dimes to protect dollars. not to mention that $25000 or more car. could you replace it with out the insurance? just .02 from the good hands people at allstate
Old 04-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
My claim on my Vette just got denied, actually i was forced to withdraw the claim, but dont try to bullshit insurance companies about stuff, they investigated me, went into my personal life and on the forum, and found out about my car. they dont **** around, word from the now wise.
hey ryne what was the claim for you never said and i tried to find it on a previous post but couldn't
Old 04-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00'WS6Rocket
I had a imaculent (sp?) 92 25th anny camaro with brand new tires this car was baby'ed, Well it got stolen and when it was recovered it had bald tires and no seats or carpet, and INS.company (allstate) gave me 500.00 ( I had full coverage) for it and when I asked why so little they said tire';s are bald and no intereior, and I was like no **** the thieves took everything out, but they didn't belive me. Ins companys are the biggest rip offs no wonder why people don't have it, it does no good but drain your money. Oh yea they paid for a rental it was a geo metro with no a/c and no power steering, and it was summer in texas!!!
hey man sorry about your luck in texas. it really depends on who you are dealing with. the allstate adjustors that i have dealt with on two convertible slashings a motorcycle theft and a pick up accident were very nice and actually looked at ways to get me more money for scratches on my car that had nothing to do with the incident. and that was before i started working for allstate. it never hurts to take pics of what you got for proof. when something like that happens you'll be glad you took the few minutes. you have a choice to accept the money or not and if they are treating you bad you can always tell them you are going to the board of insurance and scare them. if they don't satisfy you go to the state board and put in a complaint or go to the adjustors supervisor and file a complaint.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rocketrider93
hey now hey now. do you know what the claim was for? you know the majority of the coverages on the policy are all meant to protect you against certain losses. as you increase the risk you increase the premium. there is a higher than normal chance that with that car that much power is going to hurt somebody. if you were to get into an accident and hurt somebody that car insurance if set up right will protect your home your investments and your livelihood. incase you are wondering how let me break it down. if you have only the california state minimum of 15/30 10 and you get in an accident and seriously hurt someone or even kill them how much are the people going to sue you for. a lot higher than the 15000 you are covered for. where are the people going to get the rest? they are going to sue you for the equity you have in a home any investment assetts and finally 25 percent of your income for life or until the debt is paid. how much is the zo6 insurance for a good driver 150 a month or so i would guess. i haven't looked yet. yes that may sound like a lot but think of what you are protecting. you are honestly spending dimes to protect dollars. not to mention that $25000 or more car. could you replace it with out the insurance? just .02 from the good hands people at allstate
Next time you post a half-page thread, tell me something I don't know.

You could educate me by telling me why insurance rates in California are amongst the most expensive in the country. And make it so its logical as to why I have to foot the bill.

In my opinion, insurance is a necessary evil and no matter how you try to justify it, rates (especially for a good driver), are outrageous.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rocketrider93
the allstate adjustors that i have dealt with on two convertible slashings a motorcycle theft and a pick up accident were very nice and actually looked at ways to get me more money for scratches on my car that had nothing to do with the incident. and that was before i started working for allstate
To me, this sounds like insurance fraud (getting additional money for damages that weren't part of the accident).

Could this contribute to higher than normal rates given the cost of the accident is now falsely inflated?
Old 04-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Launching!

To me, this sounds like insurance fraud (getting additional money for damages that weren't part of the accident).

Could this contribute to higher than normal rates given the cost of the accident is now falsely inflated?
no the they were scratches and dings that were around the doors and looked like somebody had tried to pry it open and they were asking me if it had happened during the incident and i told them no ofcourse. they totally looked like they could have been part of the theft of stereo equipment when the top was slashed. i didn't tell them about the scratches the adjustor just asked if that happened when the person broke in. there was nothing shady about it. i try to live my life way above board and i was honest and they didn't pay me for them.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

well it wasnt an accident, it was a flunk comprehensive lose, clutch explosion. they found out how much power my car was making, i said i was commiting insurance fraud because i didnt tell them, but they didnt ask
but o well it happened and it sucks, have to get over it.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

i wasnt aware that there was a HP rating level that you could not exceed in your insurance contract... did they show you the part where it states this?

Quick Reply: insurance companies