Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

I need some help....OC guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help....OC guys

Okay my car is running like ****....and there are several threads of different people with the same symptoms. This is where someone around here can come in handy. I've done all the **** possible besides taken my ride to a shop....eveyone is saying it's my slp maf...soooo is anyone willing to do a swap for a day or two..to see if that is my prob? I'm just tired of spending $$$ trying to nail this **** down. If anybody is down for this pm me and hopefully we can work something out......
Old 04-09-2006, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

Pm me i can take a look at it at the shop i work at.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

well being that you didnt state what the car was doing i dont think to mant people can help

ALOT of things can make a car "run like ****"
Old 04-09-2006, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

roflcoptor nice quote sprung thats has to be funniest **** ive read in a while!
Old 04-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98 camaro
Okay my car is running like ****....and there are several threads of different people with the same symptoms. This is where someone around here can come in handy. I've done all the **** possible besides taken my ride to a shop....eveyone is saying it's my slp maf...soooo is anyone willing to do a swap for a day or two..to see if that is my prob? I'm just tired of spending $$$ trying to nail this **** down. If anybody is dowcann for this pm me and hopefully we can work something out......

where you at in oc....you need to find someone with autotap so you can look at what the hell its doing...
Old 04-09-2006, 09:00 PM
10 Second Club

I have a mac tool's scanner at my work.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Launching!

Hey sprung....i appreciate your reply....but iv'e posted on this prob so many times with no help, i'm now trying to do it my way. Like I said if you'd like to help out let me know and then i can get with u and let u know the probs i'm having ( or you can search my threads)....X...im getting at you....Thanks guys
Old 04-09-2006, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

dude im not trying to be an *** just trying to help but if we dont have the info it doesnt matter either way......and next time please dont ask the person to search through your threads for your problems

but this is what i can say.....if you have changed things back to stock and your still haveing problems then the next step is throwing a scanner if it is throwing codes and get a mechanic or tuner to check it out.........somtimes you just gotta bite the bullet and take the car in

i did read some of your posts.....but is the car throwing any sort of code ie.ses light?

re-read the thread-honestly if i was in oc i would help personally but i would let XpEdItIoUs take a look at it

Last edited by sprung_monkey; 04-09-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Sprung....im not trying to be an *** either but i've tried with evething everyone has said and i'm tired of beating a old dog and not getting any results. Second of all i plainly stated what i needed....I wasn't aware i had to post every detail....but since i did invite you to look at my thread i understand that you and eveyone else wants more info. My car has a horrible stumble,bog,hesitation....all the same in my book.....at a certain rpm range ONLY....1500-2000....so i've gone out and did plugs,wires,tps,o2's,fuel filter,cleaned my maf,checked my coils, no luck at all. Some people said go to stock maf.....but other people on this board who are having the same symptoms in their cars/trucks are usually running a stock maf, so just so i don't have to rebuy a used maf...i just want to test out a stock one off someone elses car that is local to me. Sorry if I come off like an ******* but I'm only looking for some usefull help.......not some advice on how i should post my thread.....
Old 04-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Launching!

BTW.......no codes have poped up....i have a little Actron scanner and nothing shows up.....that's why im baffled.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

is this a six speed car or a4?
Old 04-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Launching!

a4 with a ssf3500 tc

Quick Reply: I need some help....OC guys