Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Strictly Performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strictly Performance

I've heard nothing but good things about them. I would call, but i'm teaching my class right now. Does anyone know how much they charge for tuning? I'm going to most likely be addig Nitro Dave's plate system. I know I felt raped when Mike Morgan charged me $500 and I only picked up like 3 rwhp
Old 04-18-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

thats about the going rate for dyno tuning. mike morgan is an ***. rob seems to have far exceded him.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Launching!

I believe Rob used to work for Mike. He was installing a 12 bolt on a SOM TA when I got my work done. A little over two years ago.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

When I went 2-3 months ago, it was 400 + dyno time. When you come back lets say for a re-tune if you upgrade something or nitrous or w/e, he only charges dyno time and not the 400 again.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Launching!

1320kid: that is good to know. Thanks! How did you like the job he did for you? Did you feel you got your $$$ worth?
Old 04-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Launching!

^^^^^
Old 04-19-2006, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah he did a good job. I put down 385/366 on motor with a nitrous grind cam. Cam only with headers, ory, catback, lid, and a ls6 intake. He knows what he is doing.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

my last tune from them cost me about $900 they do good work but thats just too much im sick of the hidden cost **** all these guys pull!
Old 04-24-2006, 05:09 PM
FormerVendor

i do not meen to but in but look at it from a tuner stand point.

a tuner charges whatever he charges plus dyno time right so if you got charged $900.oo if you do not mind me asking what was the extra money for.

on the lighter side be glad you do not have a dfi unit on the car the price goes for a n/a application $1000.oo plus dyno time
for super or turbo $1500.oo plus dyno time.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:56 PM
11 Second Club

look all i am saying is if sombody tells you a price they should stick to it.it pisses me off that when you get there all kinds of extra **** comes up.there are some shops that charge a flat rate.i understand if the tuner has to do extra work or go beyond the agreement then we should be charged more.in my business i give as much as i can to my customers and its that extra bit i think that keeps me going because they tell others about the great service.i guess i just expect that type of service.bottom line i was overcharged and wont go back!
Old 04-25-2006, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

i totally agree with myws6istheshiznit... i do not have experience with stricly but i have heard good things about them....my problem is when people give you a price and before you know it the price has more than doubled. i have to say that the guys at a@a corvette did a agreat job. charlie is an awesome tuner and very knowledgeable... he did whatever he could to make sure i was happy and when my ses light turned on after the tune he told me to bring it back and we found it was the throttle positioning sensor, he could have charged me and didnt. this is the kind of stuff that will keep me going back...
Old 04-25-2006, 01:53 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by myws6istheshiznit
look all i am saying is if sombody tells you a price they should stick to it.it pisses me off that when you get there all kinds of extra **** comes up.there are some shops that charge a flat rate.i understand if the tuner has to do extra work or go beyond the agreement then we should be charged more.in my business i give as much as i can to my customers and its that extra bit i think that keeps me going because they tell others about the great service.i guess i just expect that type of service.bottom line i was overcharged and wont go back!
was it strictly performance that charged you more than was aggreed apon .or the dyno shop for the extra time .just qurious.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Launching!

Rob did a good job with my car.
It did end up costing a lot more to get tuned than originally planned.
A bad O2 sensor was discovered while on the dyno. That damn POS was really welded in there and did not want to come out and of course everything was hot. Well... It took about an hour to get it out and of course the dyno shop charged for the extra time.

Did it suck to have to pay for extra time on the Dyno?
Of course it did.
Was that Rob's fault?
No.
Was it the dyno shop's fault?
No.
Did I get upset and complain about it on the internet?
Of course not!

When in the search for horsepower be prepared to pay extra. Things break and **** happens.

myws6istheshiznit,
Rob does not own the dyno. Did he charge you extra for HIS services or are you pissed because you had to pay more than was anticipated for the use of the dyno? You need to elaborate, what were the extras?
Old 04-25-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want a great tune and a no Bull Sh_it approach, try Excelsior Motorsports in San Diego. You won't be dissapointed. (858) 565-8000

Fig
Old 04-25-2006, 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

i am very happy with the tune my problem is that when i made plans to bring it in the dyno time was going to cost 100/hr plus tune $350-$400 when i was done dyno time cost me $180/hr x3 and tune was about $450-$500. dont get me wrong i have spent over 15k just this year on my carand i beleive that you get what you pay for. i just dont like to feel like ive been taken. i work hard and honest to earn my money. i understand if there are problems to fix and parts to swap it should cost more but thats not the case here.next time i will go to race prep $800 flat in house dyno.strictly does good work i just like to know what its gonna cost up front total. no tricks. and i was told that they owned the dyno.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's another vote to tuners who know what they are doing and charge a flat rate to prove it.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:12 PM
FormerVendor

i am very happy with the tune my problem is that when i made plans to bring it in the dyno time was going to cost 100/hr plus tune $350-$400 when i was done dyno time cost me $180/hr x3 and tune was about $450-$500. dont get me wrong i have spent over 15k just this year on my carand i beleive that you get what you pay for. i just dont like to feel like ive been taken. i work hard and honest to earn my money. i understand if there are problems to fix and parts to swap it should cost more but thats not the case here.next time i will go to race prep $800 flat in house dyno.strictly does good work i just like to know what its gonna cost up front total. no tricks. and i was told that they owned the dyno.
i do not want to stir thing up anymore than they are ..but just want everybody to know exactly what the sircumstances are on this .
first of all i got paid $400.oo total period no more no less for the tune ..by the way i tuned it twice ,once on pump gas ,then waited for the customer to drain his gas tank,then refill the tank with race gas ,i think any body on this forum knows that it will completly change the tune,but for no extra charge i tuned it again.....sold you a pcm for $200.oo that i had in stock because you drove all the way down to get youre car tuned and found that youre previous tuner locked your box.we do own our own dyno you just happend to arrive the same week that our dyno had been broke into ,we were unable to perform dyno's at that time,so i am just a little dissapointed that there was any question that i overcharged whatsoever.i charge a flat rate and it never differs..i apolagise if you are unhappy i wish it would have went more to youre liking ......ROB
Old 04-26-2006, 08:25 PM
11 Second Club

im not complaining about the pcm that was another 250 on top of the 900 i didnt even mention that when i brought my stock pcm back you didnt give me my deposit back like you said you would im just giving my opinion like i said the tune was great just noy happy being charged more than agreed. i dont mind paying extra for the time but the dyno price was 80 bucks more per hour than agreed just let people know when the price is gonna double so they can make a choice
Old 04-26-2006, 08:29 PM
FormerVendor

im not complaining about the pcm that was another 250 on top of the 900 i didnt even mention that when i brought my stock pcm back you didnt give me my deposit back like you said you would im just giving my opinion like i said the tune was great just noy happy being charged more than agreed. i dont mind paying extra for the time but the dyno price was 80 bucks more per hour than agreed just let people know when the price is gonna double so they can make a choice
i will tell you what you did not even tell me they chatged you that much .they never charged me that much an hour i will look into it and get you a refund regardless if you come back or not ,if they charged you that much an hour i will be pissed.i will call you tomarrow when i talk to the.....ROB
Old 04-26-2006, 08:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rob you seem to be a top rate guy, and good tuner, i think its time for a dyno, so it saves you on these hassles.

Quick Reply: Strictly Performance