Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Best C.A.R.B EO headers for LT1/4 cars?

Old 08-07-2006, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best C.A.R.B EO headers for LT1/4 cars?

What C.A.R.B legal headers make the most power for LT1/4 cars? I know that you cant make as much power as long tubes, but more flow than stock manifolds is a step in the right direction. If anyone has some dyno numbers or personal experiences with smog legal headers ANY information would be much apreceated.....I havent seen a thread like this that didnt have more people saying "just put long tubes on it inbetween smoging the car" than posting about the good and bad smog legal headers that are available.....uhhh...I hope that doesnt sound like I'm an A$$hole....I reworded that like 4 times and it still sounds bad.....but I'm just trying to find a way to use smog legal equipment and still make SOME power...even if it isnt as much as I could with long tubes....
Old 08-07-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

When I put Hooker shorties w/y-pipe and Moroso CAI on my 95 (LT1)bird I shaved of .4 in the 1/8th mile. I was definitely pleased with the results. Plus the new sound was nice. I am like you and want to stay smog legal to avoid any hassles.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had the borla headers, which were the same design as the arizona speed and marine headers, made decent power, just do long tubes, and be done with it.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had edelbrocks, on a stock car its probably not a huge difference, but more serious mods and you'll want longtubes. most guys on here that have/had lt1s had shorties, and now that I converted over we all have longtubes now

i think roughneck427 has some shorties or mids on his car and he's heads/cam/built motor I believe...
Old 08-15-2006, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JeRM82
What C.A.R.B legal headers make the most power for LT1/4 cars? I know that you cant make as much power as long tubes, but more flow than stock manifolds is a step in the right direction. If anyone has some dyno numbers or personal experiences with smog legal headers ANY information would be much apreceated.....I havent seen a thread like this that didnt have more people saying "just put long tubes on it inbetween smoging the car" than posting about the good and bad smog legal headers that are available.....uhhh...I hope that doesnt sound like I'm an A$$hole....I reworded that like 4 times and it still sounds bad.....but I'm just trying to find a way to use smog legal equipment and still make SOME power...even if it isnt as much as I could with long tubes....
What year is your car? I've done 2 so far my self and the previous owner gave me his records and I guess since I have an OBDI car or some reason it has never needed a visual check since it's been in CA, I messed up and did that and failed my first time, point is something like this is to my advantage and I'm sure if you have the same working for you then don't be afraid to take advantage of it. If your stuck on shorties well the CARB number adds a lot to cost but if it were me I would probably try for stainless steel for durability. Just be careful because not all shorties have the greenie-blessing.

Last edited by Chris95Z; 08-15-2006 at 07:34 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best C.A.R.B EO headers for LT1/4 cars?