Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Damn Cops !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Damn Cops !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in san diego and today I was pulled over for having to loud of an exaust. But what really pisses me off is I have never seen nor heard of a harley being pulled over for noise it is always cars WTF!!!!!. And on top of that the cop had to look under my hood. What the **** for, I dont know. My Question is can I just pay a fine for the ticket or do I have to get my exuast taken off. Has this happend to anyone else?
Old 09-23-2006, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by import slayer
I live in san diego and today I was pulled over for having to loud of an exaust. But what really pisses me off is I have never seen nor heard of a harley being pulled over for noise it is always cars WTF!!!!!. And on top of that the cop had to look under my hood. What the **** for, I dont know. My Question is can I just pay a fine for the ticket or do I have to get my exuast taken off. Has this happend to anyone else?

Umm, yeah join the club. First off what is the code he wrote you for, if its the modified emissions or modified exhaust one, then he would have told you mandatory smog referee required. If thats the case then yeah your screwed. When your ticket comes it will also state "Mandatory Apperance" which means you have to show up with the BAR smog certificate. I just got done with that crap with my Goat. Anyways let me know what the vehicle code is... but most likely yes you have to go back to stock.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the ref and have your cars sound level tested, if you are below the legal DB take that with you to court and have the ticket dismissed.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

Stupid California, it really sucks for ya'll out there with all the emissions crap and whatnot. Move to MD
Old 09-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
Stupid California, it really sucks for ya'll out there with all the emissions crap and whatnot. Move to MD

Doesn't it snow alot out there? From here I can drive to the snow in about an hour, have a nice little visit then come back to dry roads and sunshine.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:29 AM
TECH Resident

Umm, yeah join the club. First off what is the code he wrote you for, if its the modified emissions or modified exhaust one, then he would have told you mandatory smog referee required. If thats the case then yeah your screwed. When your ticket comes it will also state "Mandatory Apperance" which means you have to show up with the BAR smog certificate. I just got done with that crap with my Goat. Anyways let me know what the vehicle code is... but most likely yes you have to go back to stock.

I dont think I have to pass smog because my car is registred in North Carolina so hopefuly I just have to pay a fine
Old 09-24-2006, 12:39 AM
10 Second Club

So, what all tickets did you get? My car us registered in Texas, and I've been wondering if I would get pulled over, and hood popped.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thebulgd
From here I can drive to the snow in about an hour, have a nice little visit then come back to dry roads and sunshine.
...and get pulled over by a cop because he's on the hunt for illegal mods.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

They have nothing better to do.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

damn cop busted a usmc di for loud exhaust huh? what a dick. my car is registered in IL and has IL plates, and I havn't been bothered *SO FAR* but I still cross my fingers. I don't see how they can force you to do anything since it isn't registered in this state and you are just doing some nice "pleasure driving", right??
Old 09-24-2006, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

Soooo......What citation did you get?
Old 09-24-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Resident

If cops spent their time trying to catch real criminals instead of looking for loud cars (which must be a real vicious crime in CA aparently) then maybe there would be less real crime.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

Soooo......What citation did you get?
My ticket says exesive noise "could hear over 100 ft." once again I dont see too many harleys being pulled over and I can hear them a mile away

Last edited by import slayer; 09-24-2006 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

does anyone know how much that fine will cost?
Old 09-25-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

california sucks ***, im so glad i do not live in that state, i hope to god that az never gets those kind of stupid laws
Old 09-25-2006, 04:15 AM
Banned

wish i would get pulled over for a loud exhaust...Happened to me once though, in a stock Evo...
Old 09-25-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by craparo
damn cop busted a usmc di for loud exhaust huh? what a dick. my car is registered in IL and has IL plates, and I havn't been bothered *SO FAR* but I still cross my fingers. I don't see how they can force you to do anything since it isn't registered in this state and you are just doing some nice "pleasure driving", right??
Maybe the cop's wife was screwing a Marine or something, so he was on a mission.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds typical... good luck bro!
Old 09-25-2006, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

If your car is registered out of state I think they cant do anything unless there is a law in your registered state for the violation. Like for example in CA we cant have any tint on the front windows of cars, but in AZ they can. I am pretty sure like 99% that you cant get a ticket, or it will be dropped, if you get pulled over in CA with AZ plates.

Logic otherwise everyone would have to stop and modify their cars to conform to the next state they are going to be driving through

good luck
Old 09-25-2006, 01:32 PM
11 Second Club

yeah that is what I was thinking. In IL where I was at (atleast, awhile ago when this happened) they tried to give me a ticket on base for not having a front plate on my car (Im not drilling my bumper on a car with 11,000 miles) and they had to go as far to look it up and see that it wasn't required, although i think my state might require it now, but i still havn't put it on. I can't stand the way the fbody looks (camaro) with the front plate on there just looks wrong compared to other cars

Quick Reply: Damn Cops !!!!!!!!!!!!!