Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Info on a White 2001 Ws6 w/Blue Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Info on a White 2001 Ws6 w/Blue Stripes

I purchased a 2001 White Ws6 from Las Vegas about 2 years ago. The car has a custom paint job w/ blue stripes. At the time the vehicle only had 19xxx miles on it. When I ran a carfax the vehicle came back perfect. Long story short, when I took the car to get an alignment 2 months later I found out it had been wrecked. My mechanic said that the front LCA's and steering knuckle needed to be replaced. What I am trying to figure out is if anyone knows what type of accident my car was in, or possibly who owned it before me. Under the carfax report, it says the first owner lived somewhere in Colorodo. It came with SLP headers, Y pipe with cats, Loud Mouth exhaust, SLP lid, BBK tb, STB, SFC's, 17x9.5 in the front, 17x11 Chrome zr1s, and black leather interior. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle
I purchased a 2001 White Ws6 from Las Vegas about 2 years ago. The car has a custom paint job w/ blue stripes. At the time the vehicle only had 19xxx miles on it. When I ran a carfax the vehicle came back perfect. Long story short, when I took the car to get an alignment 2 months later I found out it had been wrecked. My mechanic said that the front LCA's and steering knuckle needed to be replaced. What I am trying to figure out is if anyone knows what type of accident my car was in, or possibly who owned it before me. Under the carfax report, it says the first owner lived somewhere in Colorodo. It came with SLP headers, Y pipe with cats, Loud Mouth exhaust, SLP lid, BBK tb, STB, SFC's, 17x9.5 in the front, 17x11 Chrome zr1s, and black leather interior. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
probadly hit a curb, thats my guess
Old 01-02-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
probadly hit a curb, thats my guess
I think its more than that...The front bumper has been replaced. I can see a small spot inside the engine bay where its red.

Last edited by Charlie Hustle; 01-02-2007 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think its more than that...The front bumper has been replaced. I can a small spot inside the engine bay where its red.
i thought it was just suspension, nevermind then
Old 01-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Teching In

still could be a curb. hitting a curb head on while on the breaks would probably **** the bumper up a bit and explain the susp damage.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

car fax came back perfect because it will only report things that were reported to the insurance companies.. and so forth.. some one bashed it.. then paid to fix it themselves, out of pocket and not with insurance..

probably some guys car.. let his chick take it out.. she ran over a red zone parking curb.. and the boyfriend or husband had to fix it ...

is there any structurual damage? like the frame bent or evidence of it being messed with? check the K member and strut mounts as well as inner fender mounting tabs.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:45 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get some tubular LCA's and my friend can get you a steering knuckle cheap, just e-mail Charlie at m1a2drvr@hotmail.com

At least the car is low miles and looks great !
Old 01-03-2007, 07:43 AM
10 Second Club

I think its more than that...The front bumper has been replaced. I can see a small spot inside the engine bay where its red.
Im guessing from where he lives he must of hit a deer. That explains the red spots.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine came back clean too, only to find out after I got love tapped that the same spot was repaired before. I had mine checked out by a mechanic before I bought it, should have had it checked out by a body shop too.

I wouldn't waste too much time trying to uncover the car's history. If it's running fine for you, looks great, and isn't giving you any problems (above what you're currently experiencing), don't worry about it. You may find out something that will negatively change the way you view your car.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

I've seen maybe 1 bent lca in the front of one of these cars in 30-40 Ive parted out, I believe they wanna charge u for a grip of **** u dont need
Old 01-03-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Mine came back clean too, only to find out after I got love tapped that the same spot was repaired before. I had mine checked out by a mechanic before I bought it, should have had it checked out by a body shop too.

I wouldn't waste too much time trying to uncover the car's history. If it's running fine for you, looks great, and isn't giving you any problems (above what you're currently experiencing), don't worry about it. You may find out something that will negatively change the way you view your car.
Right now whats upsetting me is that I only run 12.9 at 104 with pretty much full bolt ons, 3200 stall, and drag radials. Im trying to figure out if its due to it being wrecked, or possbily had some cheap parts replaced on it
Old 01-03-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sercastiK
I've seen maybe 1 bent lca in the front of one of these cars in 30-40 Ive parted out, I believe they wanna charge u for a grip of **** u dont need
thanks for that info. what do the front lcas usually run price wise?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

doesn't carfax pay you back if they were wrong?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by travie319
doesn't carfax pay you back if they were wrong?
I think if the accident was reported but they failed to include it in the report. But, if the accident wasn't reported, then they're off the hook.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think if the accident was reported but they failed to include it in the report. But, if the accident wasn't reported, then they're off the hook.
Exactly. I tried my hardest to get carfax to pay for the turd.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

maybe 100 for 2 good used ones at the most.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Banned

LOL @ thinking a replacement bumper is preventing you from going faster...

Maybe you just need to do something different at the track, or a tune...
Old 01-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Launching!

Also, I think there is a one year limit on the buyback. And all of the above only applies if you registered your purchase with them.

If the car is nice enough that you didn't notice it in two years of ownership, just forget it and enjoy your car.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exactly. I tried my hardest to get carfax to pay for the turd.
You've had the car for two years, can't be that much of a turd if you kept it