Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

SoCal Clubs get in here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SoCal Clubs get in here!

First off, Greetings from Norcal-LS1.com and SacFbodyz.com

I'm trying to set up a big cruise to head down Rt. 1 into southern Cali! This will not happen for some time, as we only came up with the idea very reciently. If your SoCal car club would be so willing to meet up with us when we arrive to have a massive turnout and possible car show, please contact me! I'd really like some help from the locals, and we would like to represent our local clubs with maturity. I will present further details down the road, but we are just looking from some input from southern CA.

I appreciate it in advance, and I look forward to your input!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

our club westbound will be down to join anyday!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SVT BAIT
our club westbound will be down to join anyday!
+1
Old 03-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Teching In

me too, me too, if we can get everyone from westbound to go the we can have at least 20 cars from us
Old 03-21-2007, 03:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Very nice! We have two ballpark dates, September 07, or Spring 08. Do you guys know of good areas to stay in? Reasonable rates, big hotel with lots of parking in a quiet area?
Old 03-21-2007, 03:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep me posted on this one. I'm not part of any car clubs due to the simple fact that I can almost never make it out to a meet. Usually I can only make it out to the tracks on Sat's during the day. I'm a manager at one of Hollywood's largest night clubs and I'm preoccupied in the evenings. I'm only bringing this up cuz even though I'm not part of a car club ,.... I'd like to invite the car clubs to party it up for an evening at the night club I manage.

P.S. 21+ only tho!
Old 03-21-2007, 05:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

In a few months there will be the ROTW cruise in big bear.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Staging Lane

I can usually bring a few cars with me, provided I have enough notice to get the day off.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We are aiming for a Sping date currently. We have a very large cruise in October, and to make two events back to back would be to much.

The cruise will be set about 1 year from this date, for a nice comfortable ride down the coast, with lush green hills for potential photography.

Rampage, if you are serious about letting us into your club for a night, then that would be great, and very nice of you. There is only one Sacramento member that isn't 21, and wont be by that time. Also, my g/f wont be 21 at the time as well. We'll see when we get there.

I took this off of my local board, I roughed it very quick. I appreciate that possitive reaction so far, I think this will happen!

My Girlfriend actually came up with the idea, we talked allot about it last night.

The cruise would be down RT. 1 Pacific Coast Highway (one of the best drives in the world, period) All the way down to SoCal. I was thinking we can wait a few months to as long as a year before we can make a GTG this big.

I'd like to get all of us from Nor-Cal to meet some possible SoCal clubs. Have a big car show, and spend mabey a day or two down there.

I was thinking leave on a friday morning, and get back either sunday night, or monday night, depending on when people want to take time off of work, and how many days people want to spend there. This will eliminate the total days off of work people will need to request off from work (granted you work mon-fri).

This would include paying, and finding a good hotel in Southern California, and also finding a place that would be willing to host a car show. Gas and food will need to be considered as well.

This would be a mature event. If people want to do donuts and street race, don't go on this cruise. It will not be tolerated, and no-one wants our club to be represented as an out of control, immature group.

This WILL be an expensive trip, which is half the reason I am getting a feeler first. I for one am 100% down to take on the challenge of arranging this cruise, finalizing a route, getting a decent hotel, finding a place to show our cars, and people to meet up with in SoCal...

I will of course need your ideas and input, but most of all, your help. Questions, comments, and suggestions are VERY welcome.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by z34_nut
We are aiming for a Sping date currently. We have a very large cruise in October, and to make two events back to back would be to much.

The cruise will be set about 1 year from this date, for a nice comfortable ride down the coast, with lush green hills for potential photography.

Rampage, if you are serious about letting us into your club for a night, then that would be great, and very nice of you. There is only one Sacramento member that isn't 21, and wont be by that time. Also, my g/f wont be 21 at the time as well. We'll see when we get there.

I took this off of my local board, I roughed it very quick. I appreciate that possitive reaction so far, I think this will happen!
Cool,..just keep me posted! Theres a hotel 300 yards from the club so if people are smart then they'll let the car chill for the evening and leave it in the complex and sleep that **** off then hit the road in the morning. Plus,...if you do it on a Sat you all should have allot of fun. We get anywhere from 1,500 - 2,000 people on any given Sat in there. ... If your not having fun then your do'n something wrong!!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by transambandit
In a few months there will be the ROTW cruise in big bear.

yup yup that is usually fun and has a good turnout except 2 years ago when everyone somehow got split up after lunch
Old 03-21-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Does anyone in here do or have done a group Vegas run?
Old 03-21-2007, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well we only travel between San Fran, and Taho usually, We are just looking to expand our club a little more. The same cruise is getting old
Old 03-21-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by z34_nut
Well we only travel between San Fran, and Taho usually, We are just looking to expand our club a little more. The same cruise is getting old
I hear ya!
Old 03-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Teching In

I'm one of the leaders for Socal Muscle and we would be down for something like that. Theres actually a Large parking lot that we could all meet at that is notorious for car stuff on calabasas. PM me on here of contact me @ http://www.socalmuscle.com on the forum and I'll see what I can do to help arrange this with you. I'm not on LS!tech everyday so if you want a faster responce contact me through our website. I'm 1sic lt1 on the forum.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

On a side note, I'd be down for a Vegas (via IE) run.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am from socal muscle car club here in S.d we have about 13 ish cars.I'll be down for something like that.
we just had a small cruise last sat....
...socal muscle carclub.(www.socalmuscle.4t.com)
small one but it was pretty cool!

Old 03-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Please dont think I'm following you 01SOMSS! Hahaha.

Hey - I'm sure GME could help out. Sounds like fun.

Question - Isnt there a GM Performace club up in Nor Cal? West Coast GM ? Do you guys ever do anything with them? San Jose area?
Old 03-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Launching!

i'm down fo sho.....
Old 03-22-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ILMODC
Please dont think I'm following you 01SOMSS! Hahaha.

Hey - I'm sure GME could help out. Sounds like fun.

Question - Isnt there a GM Performace club up in Nor Cal? West Coast GM ? Do you guys ever do anything with them? San Jose area?
Yes there is! Most to all of the members on that forum are members of either norcal-ls1 or sacfbodyz as well.

I will be sure to check out that other forum as well. On our Taho trip I think we had about 25 cars, and that was a small turn out. The San Fran trip is f-bodys and mustangs, and last year was about 150 cars. The 2007 version of that cruise is this saturday, and I'll see if people from there are interested as well. That was a short cruise (about 100 miles) so I don't expect a 500 mile cruise to have as big of a turnout, but I don't expect a small one either with this much of an advance!

Quick Reply: SoCal Clubs get in here!