Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Is AZ gonna be any fun?... I hope so...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is AZ gonna be any fun?... I hope so...

PA guy here... sick of the winters.. sick of the suburbs.. sick of the same old thing. I am moving out to AZ in September for school, am I gonna like it? I hate the east coast.. well not hate but I think I will like the west more as I know I love LA (used to live there, visit there often).

I will be in Avondale, I like to cruise, I am 19, and I get along with almost anybody. I'm also gonna be looking for a job preferably in the automotive field. I'm only gonna have a couple friends out there going to ASU and I am going to UTI.

Will AZ be any fun?... I wanna get out there and already know what to expect or who to look for, etc. If you live in AZ... give me the low down please.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:31 AM
On The Tree

It's decent, nice weather, good cruising, lots of stuff to do. Just don't **** up, UTI isn't a place that gives you slack.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

make sure you bring your gun.
the valley is a ghetto.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I like it.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:21 AM
Launching!

I like it here alot.Alot of the Cops are actually pretty chill.Ive been let off of numerous tickets with warnings and plenty of loud driving,where i should have gotten some kind of citation.Hot girls too!!
Old 05-05-2007, 10:42 AM
11 Second Club

when you move down let me know. I'm just a little north of you at luke afb(litchfield park area). I'm org from ny just moved down here 2 weeks ago. Its not bad weather you'll get used to, a lot of things around, a lot of hot girls. Cant complain at all...well didnt have a tv for a week and a half and am just getting my car so it sucked at first but now it should be good
Old 05-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Ehhhh. its ok gets boring after too long not as much to do out here weather is ok except for july-september brutle then. But coming from PA i bet its gonna be better !
Old 05-06-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah I think anything will be an improvement over the suburbs of PA. I just can't wait to get out there.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:43 AM
11 Second Club

AZ is Lots of nice cars, good looking laddies, and plenty to in trouble with.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Teching In

If your going to hang out at ASU, you must learn how to get used to looking at hot chicks everywhere. You will luv it here in AZ.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:03 PM
TECH Regular

Well i just got back from my weekend trip to AZ. Cruised around Avondale, Tempe, Scottsdale, Phoenix and even went up to lake pleasant. I got to see a little bit of the night life I guesse one night at a strip mall type place with a "Harkins Theatres" and Red Robin. Saw a few nice cars and lot of people hangin' out.
I found an apartment in Avondale right down the street from UTI. My initial impression was that the area is very nice, and the heat didn't bother me much since I am used to east coast HUMID heat. The area seems brand new and empty during the day. Come night though it seems to wake up.
Did i miss anything important on my trip?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Im sure you were busy ,but Speedworld will most likely be your track when you move.Its a good track,you shoulda checked it out.Union Hills is a hot ticket for racing.Just dont get caught up in the street scene,the cops are in full force.
Did you cruise Mill?Its kinda played out for most of us ,but just give it a drive and gaze at
all the honeys in flocks.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

I'll try to check out those spots when I get out there. You say the cops are out in force? Is racing hard to get away with in AZ? I really only ever do highway runs but seeing those highways out there I figured that would be easy to pull off.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

watch out for cameras on the highway. The pavillions (101 to exit 43 indian bend rd) isnt bad once in a while(sat nights starts around 5 or 6). Also on bell and i think its 43rd i always see a lot of cars but never went in looks like a lot of imports however. There also is a place in peoria or however you spell it that some people meet up with. Its been a while since i've had off on a sat night
Old 06-05-2007, 03:09 PM
11 Second Club

Its desert so It has hot dry days and cool dry nights. But remember its a desert. There isnt much greenery there. also where in AZ?
Old 06-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Arizona is pretty awesome depending on what parts.....there isn't a whole lot to do but it's cool!!! It is most of the time really hot and dry but the nights are really flippen cold hahaha get some blankets
Old 06-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Teching In

i dont where that guy lives but there is always stuff to do here. ive been here for 8 years now and there is still stuff do. seek and ye shall find.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Teching In

although avondale fairly new to develop you might have to venture out.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah well i dont plan on just sticking to avondale. I will have a few friends going to ASU so I am sure I'll end up in that area often. I have no problem with venturing out. LIke i said I really only made it to the area surround phoenix (scottsdale, tempe, avondale, lake pleasant). I really just went to dinner in scottsdale (italian grotto?) and had my hotel in tempe and cruised around the city checking stuff out.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Staging Lane

I hate the heat here, it's horrible...I was back in PA last week, and it was so beautiful...They had some record breaking days in the 90's while I was there, and it was a normal day to me, i loved it...Dry heat is bullshit, 115 is just ridiculously hot...Makes you want to kill yourself just stepping outside...Another downside to Arizona is all the mexicans and indians, you'll be a minority...I saw 1 mexican back at home, i come back to millions of them and EMo kids...

I realized i can deal with a little snow here and there...I'd rather breathe polution free air, and be surrounded by legal citizens of the U.S...

Quick Reply: Is AZ gonna be any fun?... I hope so...