Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Cali registration wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cali registration wtf?

Does anyone here register their car online in cali? I did mine about 5 weeks ago and I still haven't got new stickers. I work pretty much all the hours the DMV is open so how the hell do I get these things? What do I do if I get pulled over for having a month expired stickers?
Old 08-19-2007, 01:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did my registration on line for the first time earlier this year. I had no problem. Don't remember how long it took to get my stupid sticker. If it's been 5 weeks, check your credit card or checking account to see if the amount due has been taken out. If not, try heading over on the weekend if you can. If you're an AAA member, try heading over one of their offices. They are sometimes open longer. About getting pulled over, I'm not sure what to do about that. Your other best bet is to maybe call the DMV. Go to the DMVs web site to see if maybe your sticker or payment is pending. Sorry about your trouble, but I'm not sure what else to do. Good luck due.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:51 AM
10 Second Club

I've used it the last couple of times, seems the stickers show in about 1 week. Check your c.c. and make sure the charge went through.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would check to c if it had been deducted too...Sometimes it takes awhile to get your tags...Mine took about 6 weeks...
Since my dad is a AAA member I just go there now and get my tags...100 times easier than having to go to DMV, or worring about the arrival times of the tags...If you get pulled over which I doubt you will, just tell the cop the situation...They should be pretty understanding...Hopefully...Good luck bro...

Kev
Old 08-19-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well didu save the confirmation number if u did carry it around and go to the dmv and they ussually get home in a week
Old 08-19-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your registration notice they mailed you. Does it say you need a smog check? If so, that's why you haven't got your tags.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Check your registration notice they mailed you. Does it say you need a smog check? If so, that's why you haven't got your tags.
yup and/or u need a proof of insurence cuz of that new bullchet law
Old 08-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Yep and one time they didn't show up and I forgot all about it.

Got pulled over the he was like I'm impounding your car bla, bla.

I told him I paid it sometime back. He waited for backup and ran my information and they came back valid. He was still being a jerk so he wrote me for tinted windows.

Had that signed off in 10 minutes?

I had to go to AAA DMV to pickup new tags and it was no fee for them.

Quick Reply: Cali registration wtf?