Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Inspection laws, ect. in AZ (phoenix specifically)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inspection laws, ect. in AZ (phoenix specifically)?

Inspection laws, ect. in AZ (phoenix specifically)

I'm moving out there, I currently have no cats, with an H-pipe and dynomax bullets dumped. Couple questions...

1) Anyone ever get hassled for loud exhaust in the phoenix area? I will be living in Avondale but I'll be all over the place.

2) How strict are the inspections, I'm a licensed PA inspection tech but I don't know the AZ laws, is it OBD II plug in?

3) What about the streets in general, anyone get hassled much for playing around late at night on the streets of Phoenix/Avondale/Tempe, etc?

4) Should I get my exhaust finished out to the back or will I be okay with them dumped, I've gotten away with is just fine here in PA even with cops following on my *** and my car isn't lowered so you can see the dumps really easily.

5) Stupid question here, if my car is still registered in PA since that will still be my permanent address will I be able to/ need to get my car inspected? I'm gonna be in AZ for about 13 months, probably working at a dealership though.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:37 AM
11 Second Club

1 Never heard of any one getting busted. Dont advise runnin with cut outs tho. Stay away from Scottsdale (AKA, Snottsdale) They do have a noise ordinance. Just be smart when you play with it.

2 OBDII Plug and play

3 Dont be street racing here. They are craking down on it hard. We have had some bad crashs here. There are 2 tracks in town for racing. one on the north west side and one south east side of town. One or the other is open every Friday night or weekend.

4 I have seen people with them and never said anything. hopefully you will be ok

5 Be carefull on this one. If you are living in AZ and get busted without AZ plates is some where around a $500 fine. If you keep everything in your home state, license, plates, insurance you might be ok. Dont let some cop see you going back and forth all the time for months on end.

hope this helps. maybe see you at the track some day????
Old 08-20-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, I'd love to hit up the track. I don't really street race much, but I do like to play around on wide open highways. I'm gonna be in AZ for approx 13-14 months.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Regular

bump for some more advice

Quick Reply: Inspection laws, ect. in AZ (phoenix specifically)?