Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Get a TICKET?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 01:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation Get a TICKET?!?!?!

**I am not a lawyer and this is in no way legal advise. Try this at your own risk.**

Figured instead of typing this OVER AND OVER AND OVER... here's the "WRITE-UP"

First of all... if you are eligible to take traffic school DO IT!!!! Traffic school is pretty much a guarantee that it won't hit your insurance... and paying the fine is much better than your insurance going up for 3 years or whatever it is

This is a back-up for if you are not eligible for traffic school. I'm sure it's not 100% effective, but it just so happens it's worked 100% of the time for me
<--------------- with 18 tickets at the age of 25 and a squeaky clean driving record
hell even got a discount on my insurance for being a Good Driver

Follow these instructions!

Basically what you wanna do anytime you get pulled over is make it SHORT and SWEET! The point is, you don't want the officer to remember who you are.... the way i figure it, he's gonna make up his mind no matter what you say whether or not to give you a ticket... if he doesn't then great! But if he does, don't argue, don't say much just accept the ticket and drive off when safe... A close friend of mine is a cop, and he told me, once that pen hits the ticket sheet it's written in blood. They can't just decide not to give it to you after that point because everything is logged into their system....

after your bad luck on the road, a few weeks later you should receive your ticket in the mail. It'll have a court date on it with the options to either pay your bail or fight your ticket. What you do is wait till the day before the actual court date on the ticket. Go down to the courthouse or call the courthouse phone number on the ticket sheet and ask for an extension. They will then give you another court date, If I remember it's usually 1-2 months out from the original one. Come that court date you do the same thing over again. You ask for another extension THE DAY BEFORE your court date... the point is, do this as many times as they let you... usually they just let you do it twice. But you ask for the maximum amount of extension and as many times as possible... say your a full time student and make little money or something that's what I say, just in my case it's the truth

Finally, when your all out of extensions and your last court date is coming up, again, go the day before the court date and tell them you would like to Contest the ticket by Written Declaration. You will still have to pay the fine at this point, but if you win, they will send you a check back in the mail for the full amount.

UPDATE: CA Trial By Declaration ONLINE FORM - CLICK HERE

Basically this is a way of fighting the ticket without having to show up in court. What you do instead of going to court in front of the judge and possibly the officer that pulled you over, is you go home and type up a B.S. letter saying why you are innocent not to mention it saves you the embarrassment of fighting the ticket in person and the cop actually showing up with all this proof of why you are guilty and your just sitting there with your #$@* in your hands going "errrr... uhhh...DOH!!!"

Sometimes they may ask you to go in front of the judge and request for the "trial by written declaration" (again because they frown upon it because they know you are more likely to win your case this way than by fighting it in person). Every courthouse is different. Basically if they do require you to do this, just go into the courtroom and come up with some story as to why you can't physically show up in court (i.e. i'll be on vacation, I have too busy of a schedule, I work the days/hours the courthouse is open... something along those lines). Remember if you have to go into the courtroom in front of the judge and request this, it is NOT your case, meaning they don't care at this point whether or not you are guilty or innocent, this is JUST a request for the trial by written declaration.

After that what happens is the courthouse notifies/supoenas the judge and the officer about the trial by written declaration and that pushes the date out even further... because now, the officer has to take time out of his busy schedule to write up a letter why you are guilty... The court clerk will give you a date at which the letter you type up is due, after you type it up, bring it in on that due date.

This is the part where you just wait and cross your fingers... the point of all this is that by now it's 6 or so months down the road since you got all the extensions and delays from everything else... most likely the officer will not remember who you are because you kept the pull over Short and Sweet! Also he's probably pulled over hundreds of people since then so... not to mention he probably won't take the time to write the letter IF he even remembers who you are...

If there is no evidence, or even a response from the officer showing proof that you are guilty, you win by default!

I've done this quite a few times (with my lovely collection of tickets ) and it's worked everytime for me... you've got to understand that the courts are overloaded with traffic tickets/fines and most people these days don't know their rights or how to "get around" the system... so most of those people just Pay Up.... the courts are looking for those type of people. When you make it a pain in the *** for them to process your ****, they just assume give you your money back rather than deal with your **** backing their files up even worse than they already are...

and that's it!

P.S. Here's some other sites found by 01z28 with some good info...

http://www.motorists.org/fightyourticket/
and here's some speed trap listings worth checking out
http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/...y.asp?state=CA

Last edited by Soul TKR; 04-02-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

your horrible ! i love it!
Old 09-03-2007, 02:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good info there...thanks
Old 09-03-2007, 02:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by eddielb
your horrible ! i love it!
Old 09-03-2007, 06:45 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I forgot everything you said after I saw this:
Old 09-03-2007, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

Old 09-04-2007, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ha ha, you nicked my gif. No prob.

I got plenty more off color ones. This one loops from the "blurred/edited" part:

I tried to splice the "blurred/edited" part with the Jamie Lynn Spears facial but it didn't flow right.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:00 AM
10 Second Club

lol at this thread....

good info btw!
Old 09-04-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
here's another

i still like the "300" one the best though...
I haven't seen this one before, thats good.

Once you make one gif, the hard part is done and you can make more from it. I'll have to use parts of this for a new one, maybe throw in Leonidas...

I agree, the 300 one's the best.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

What program are you using for the editing?
Old 09-04-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Easiest one is GIF Contruction Set Professional. Its free. This one lets you to edit or create new gifs from already created gifs easily because it breaks each one into individual images. It also lets you create a new gif from a series of images.

As far as creating it from a video source, Photoshop/ImageReady, Adobe Premier/After Effects, and ThumbsPlus all work.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Resident

This guy knows what he's talking about. I've done the same thing. Works like a charm
Old 09-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow... good **** =]
Old 09-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Launching!

Is there a way to save this page or soemthing for the next time i get a ticket or something?! This is good info!!
Old 09-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Teching In

I am waiting to see if I win right now. Trial by written declaration is the way to go. If you lose you can ask for a new trial or still go to traffic school. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain for about one hours worth of work. Going to Lake Havasu I was sited for going 65 mph in a 55 MPH zone. Pulling a trailer the max is 55 MPH. We will see how it turns out.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black02LS1
Is there a way to save this page or soemthing for the next time i get a ticket or something?! This is good info!!
Bookmark it or cut and paste his post into MS Word.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good info
Old 09-18-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

What you do instead of going to court in front of the judge and possibly the officer that pulled you over, is you go home and type up a B.S. letter saying why you are innocent not to mention it saves you the embarrassment of fighting the ticket in person and the cop actually showing up with all this proof of why you are guilty and your just sitting there with your D!ck in your hands going "errrr... uhhh...DOH!!!"

Saying why your innocent as in what?? I wasnt speeding... My letter would be 3 words! Show us what you typed lol i got pulled over like 2 weeks ago for a 64 in a 45 :/
Old 10-07-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ryan33187
Saying why your innocent as in what?? I wasnt speeding... My letter would be 3 words! Show us what you typed lol i got pulled over like 2 weeks ago for a 64 in a 45 :/
well in your case i would first ask if it was recorded by radar or not. then i would try to remember the road conditions (i.e. traffic, weather, night or day, any exits nearby, etc...) I basically typed up a page saying that I just got on the fwy. from an on-ramp and there was a van in front of me in my lane hindering me from going any unsafe speed blablabla... there was no indication of radar to see what speed i was going and i had only been on the fwy for a few seconds, not near enough time for the officer to pace me... you get the point...
Old 10-29-2007, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

well, i just got a ticket for an 81 in a 35...

Quick Reply: Get a TICKET?!?!?!