Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

6 Speed swap photos, anyone know a good shop thast regears ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 6 Speed swap photos, anyone know a good shop thast regears ?

First off, I got a set of 4.10 gears for 100 bucks, the same shop (san diego gear and axle? in el cajon?) said they can regear it for 200 on bench or 350 if I bring them my car. I called Pro Gear (people recommend them?) and they said 250 bench and 350 if I take them the car. I can't do the regearing at my gramps shop because we dont got the dial or whatever? Gramps said it will more than likely howl if we do it there... anyone got one? Or know a shop that might charge less? Or ? Trade for computer work?

On another note, my 6 speed swap went good, and all is well, except my engine started leeking cause my dumbass didn't change the rear seal, and my throw out bearing is making the "marbles in a can" sound that people say is a common thing, oh well! Here are the pics!

Parked outside dereks house

Funny just by lifting his car we found a couple of funny things with the shop that did his swap (which took what like a couple of months he said?) the reverse light wires (which didnt work) where just hanging there, his AFTERMARKET FUEL LINE was RIGHT NEXT to his exhaust just hanging, only 4 bolts were used on the transmission, and he bought a BRAND NEW 6 speed harness, and in spots that they couldn't get the plugs in, instead of taking parts off, they would just cut the wires and splice them, electrical tape EVERYWHERE! Enough talking here are the pics

Just found out about the wires

Point of no return

WHy did we do this!

"We can still go back right?"

Damn wire harness ....
Old 09-13-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

let me get this straight....you and Zoltan are swapping trannies? after everything Zoltans car has been through, he's going back to an auto???
Old 09-13-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

he's going back to stock ! hahha, he took everything off, he got lucky we did the swap or his fuel line woulda blown and we wouldnt ever hear from him again ! hahaha, we are already done though - this was done like 2 weeks ago
Old 09-13-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
let me get this straight....you and Zoltan are swapping trannies? after everything Zoltans car has been through, he's going back to an auto???
it's done already.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Has the front end of that vette been painted or is the angle of the pic?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think its just the angle?? im not sure...

Quick Reply: 6 Speed swap photos, anyone know a good shop thast regears ?