Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Possible Job Transfer from So Cal to Central Valley Merced, Visalia area

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Possible Job Transfer from So Cal to Central Valley Merced, Visalia area

Looking for Pro's and Cons on the area, pretty much Mecca here for Anything Hot rod, Pro touring, Street rods etc.
But I am looking at the longer run and affordable,easier living, cheaper livin means more car stuff and toys right!? I know I will be buying a home with at least a triple garage and that will rule!

Tell me about the Visalia, Merced , Fresno area's, whats some nice areas to check out as far as newer affordable homes, good schools, growing and fun areas.

Thank you,

Nova
Old 01-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NOVA
Looking for Pro's and Cons on the area, pretty much Mecca here for Anything Hot rod, Pro touring, Street rods etc.
But I am looking at the longer run and affordable,easier living, cheaper livin means more car stuff and toys right!? I know I will be buying a home with at least a triple garage and that will rule!

Tell me about the Visalia, Merced , Fresno area's, whats some nice areas to check out as far as newer affordable homes, good schools, growing and fun areas.

Thank you,

Nova

No one has anything good or bad to say about the area? ......
Old 01-03-2008, 07:36 PM
11 Second Club

I Am In Visalia And I Like It
Old 01-04-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Regular

North Fresno is nice
Old 01-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 93redBIRDman
North Fresno is nice
Whats the price of homes in that area?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

What do you do for a living??? we are looking for trained techs all of the time
Old 01-05-2008, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm in the Merced are and right now this is pretty much Foreclosure City. You can pick up some good homes for real cheap right now. All depends on where you want to live and what you want. If you want to live out in the "country" with a nice house and some acreage, you can easily find it here. If you want to live in suburbia, also here. If you're just looking for affordable, also here. Just like any other town, you know what the other side of the tracks looks like. Hopefully, we'll be getting a track here soon called Riverside Motorsports Park but there still going through a bunch of BS right now. Fresno isn't that far away neither is Sacramento or SF. If you have any other question about Merced, let me know.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 98redM6
I'm in the Merced are and right now this is pretty much Foreclosure City. You can pick up some good homes for real cheap right now. All depends on where you want to live and what you want. If you want to live out in the "country" with a nice house and some acreage, you can easily find it here. If you want to live in suburbia, also here. If you're just looking for affordable, also here. Just like any other town, you know what the other side of the tracks looks like. Hopefully, we'll be getting a track here soon called Riverside Motorsports Park but there still going through a bunch of BS right now. Fresno isn't that far away neither is Sacramento or SF. If you have any other question about Merced, let me know.
Thanks 98redM6, right now it looks like I will be looking in the visalia area? Merced would put me at the tip of my territory and I would rather be a little more centrally located.

I will be looking for something with at least 3 car garage, I do not need 4 or 5 bedrooms but 3 car garage is mandatory! I am looking for something that needs a little cosmetic fix up,something thats a couple years old, but in a real nice neighborhood with a big garage.

I am heading up there next wednesday for a couple days to check out the area.

Keep the info coming Pleez!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

im n visalia aswell there is 1 3 car ad 1 4 car house's in my neighbor hood but for 400-600k i dont think that would leave alot of money for toys walnut%loverslane area damn now that i think about it, 3 years ago there was orchard around us
Old 01-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

Can someone tell me what Areas to check out in the Visalia,Tulare and Kingsburg areas? thanx. ( refrence exists off the 99 )
Old 01-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kingsburg is a nice small town, no real bad areas to it. It sits dead center between Visalia and Fresno. Should be cheaper than both of those cities too. I'm 15 minutes east of Kingsburg in Dinuba. Kind of boring though, most people go to Visalia and Fresno for entertainment. Not too many sports cars in the area either. But it is quiet. Homes are around 200k-400k, Dinuba is around the same. Dinuba has been expanding recently though, so more homes are being built to the southeast and northern parts of town and the 18 hole golf course will be ready in June. I assume more houses will be built in that area as well.