Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anyone in San Diego have scanning software/cables for an OBD2 lt1?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Anyone in San Diego have scanning software/cables for an OBD2 lt1?

Hey guys,

I've been trying to diagnose my 96 lt1's no start/random turn off problem for a long time now and I'm getting very frustrated.

Sometimes the car will just not start. Other times, the car will start and run for 5-20minutes, and then turn off randomly. Then, if I try to turn the engine over, I no longer get any spark at the wires.

I had a water pump leak, so I just replaced the water pump and the opti. I also put in a new fuel pump because that was bad too.

Does anyone have the scanning software for the 96 obd 2 lt1 cars and can they help me scan the car when it runs to see if I can find any problems with any of the sensors? Let me know if you do and how much it will cost.

Also, I want to remove the delteq setup and go back to stock and see if that resolves my ignition problems. Does anyone have a working coil and plug wires that I can borrow to temporarily go back to stock and try to isolate the problem?

Thanks for any help guys, I've been chasing after this and other problems for months now and could really use some help. Hell, if anyone wants to come down and just check it out with me and give me any opinions I'd seriously appreciate it.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:02 PM
EkS
On The Tree

Your location might be nice.

Also if you get a check engine light, you can go to AZ and get the scanner.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Launching!

San Diego's not that big

Anyways, my exact location is La Jolla, right next to UCSD.

I don't have any trouble codes. I need the software that can give me readings of all the PCM sensors.

Quick Reply: Anyone in San Diego have scanning software/cables for an OBD2 lt1?