Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Help with HPP3 PROGRAMMER

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with HPP3 PROGRAMMER

I need to know what i can do with my HPP3 Power Programmer, it doesn't recognize the tune it installed. Im trying to uninstall the HPP3 tune. I was able to uninstall the lower fan tune where the fans turn on earlier. But my transmission still shifts harder and faster then stock so im getting bad gas mileage and i want better gas mileage so i need to rest of the tune off. So basicly im asking is how do i put the car computer back to stock when it has a HPP3 tune?
Old 01-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is an option on there to go back to the stock tune..plug it in & follow the directions on the unit..
Old 01-26-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

When you first plug it in, it should read your cars VIN and then say something like "Hypertech Programmer has programmed VIN......." "to uninstall press Y"

It's just a series of Y and N answers in the beginning.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks. I know how to do that, but the problem is the hpp3 either turns off or doesn't find my vin number. So im stuck with its tune.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call hypertech support, they might be able to help you.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Launching!

I have that problem with getting mine to tune my car. It says my car is tuned, but i dont feel any power difference. I called their support and they said that if the Hypertech says its tuning then its tuning. The things are the worst piece of **** ever created! Plus i have a stick so all those shift features i dont get. So ima sell mine and save for a real tune!
Old 01-27-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dan
call hypertech support, they might be able to help you.
Thats going to suck since i bought it used. I thought there would be some way to force the computer back to stock. I'll give them a call see what they tell me.

Originally Posted by Black02LS1
I have that problem with getting mine to tune my car. It says my car is tuned, but i dont feel any power difference. I called their support and they said that if the Hypertech says its tuning then its tuning. The things are the worst piece of **** ever created! Plus i have a stick so all those shift features i dont get. So ima sell mine and save for a real tune!

I defently feel the shift difference in mine. I've also messed with the shift points a while back when it was working right and if you dial in the right shifts the hpp3 does its job pretty good, nothing major but you can feel the differnce. The gas mileage goes down fast, thats the bad part, lol.

Quick Reply: Help with HPP3 PROGRAMMER