Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

I'm moving to Avondale in June/July and am going to UTI.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm moving to Avondale in June/July and am going to UTI.

I'm trying to drag a buddy along with me.
Does anybody here go to UTI?
Just looking for a heads up of the area and/or the school. Any suggestions would be cool.
I was just down there this weekend, and I saw a few nice Fbodys, which doesn't really happen very often here in Bullhead.
I wish I would have taken MY car up there now.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Teching In

awesome! i was gonna go there a couple years ago, its expensive! ill go there eventually to get some certs.

avondale can be a nice area, just depends on where in avondale.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Cool. I didn't really have time to drive around and check out the area very much.
UTI did actually point out a general area that they don't recommend there students live.
I'm guessing that is the not so great part of town I keep hearing about.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

108th ave and lower Buckeye is a nicer area with newer larger homes.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

thanks, I'll look into it.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Teching In

yeah i have a couple friends that made the "drive" sacrfice and moved to the east valley area cause they didnt wanna worry about their car being vandalized or broken into at night or early morning. but the lucky thing about them is they get on the freeway where people heading east get off so when theyre heading west, its not jam packed traffic.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:03 PM
11 Second Club

i went to uti right outta hight school but out here in cali,
Old 03-06-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

When my buddy went to school there he got his convertible top slashed and the **** inside stolen, and his house broken into. Sorry, I don't know what part of town it was in just be careful out there.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

UTI is a joke. I left as soon as I realized how useless everyone was there. And no, i didn't flunk. I got top grades in every class and two SOC's, by the fourth section. Waste of time and money.. i left and got a job as a race mechanic and haven't looked back.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:48 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
UTI is a joke. I left as soon as I realized how useless everyone was there. And no, i didn't flunk. I got top grades in every class and two SOC's, by the fourth section. Waste of time and money.. i left and got a job as a race mechanic and haven't looked back.
cool dude, many people feel the way you do, most iggnorant lazy ********, not saying you are, obviously you made out alright, i dont know if your sleeping in the trailer and makin minimum wage, from the looks of your cars i would say your making a decent living,

i feel the way you did, but stuck it out and made the best of it, similar to you, after i graduated i didnt look back, had perfect attendace and an soc for about every class.

what race team and what field of racing you in?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Launching!

It's not too bad. I am going to UTI currently and I admit, it's rather easy but you learn stuff you never would think about. I'm 27 and feel old there, ha. I got "SOC's" but it don't matter, I am in my 9th Phase(on phase break currently)and haven't had any trouble but there are some things you learn that do help. It is basics for the most part with some other good things. You Also get a 2 year associate degree when you come to the Avondale campus.
I live in Avondale just 1 1/2 miles from the campus, and it's not bad at all. I don't know where the rest of you all lived but this isn't bad at all. If you go south of the 10 then yeah.
Lot's and Lot's of Import lovers attend UTI, but that's what's "In" with the 18+ crowd. When our cars where stopped, they were like 12 or so Honda was their choice! LoL. Anyway, have fun, make the best of the situation, it's school...it's not supposed to be fun.

Quick Reply: I'm moving to Avondale in June/July and am going to UTI.