Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

People from CO I need some advice

Old 04-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People from CO I need some advice

So I'm from Missouri and I'm getting ready to graduate college. I've decided to move out to Boulder, CO in the middle of summer. I have a T/A and I was wondering if very many of you guys have camaro's or T/A's in CO just because of all the snow?

I'm going through a dilemma here because I figured I would have to sell my T/A to get a 4x4 for all the snow in CO because my T/A is my daily driver. If I didn't sell it I would most likely have to take out a loan to get a 4x4 because my T/A is my daily driver which doesn't sound appeasing. I guess what I'm asking, which may sound stupid but, is it possible to daily drive my T/A in Boulder? Also, can you tell a big difference in HP in your T/A or camaro because of the altitude?

Thanks in advance

Justin
Old 04-02-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Justin. I just moved to CSprings this winter from socal. I don't know what your elevation is over there in missouri but from sea level to 7k was a big difference. My car feels slow as fk now. I wouldn't recommend selling it because it doesn't snow all the time! I would save up about two grand and buy a 4x4 beater that you can take out when there is actually snow on the ground.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the advice man. Yeah I was actually thinking about putting a cam and heads on my but if its gonna slow down a lot I guess there really wouldn't be a point. Other than wasting some money. I wasn't really sure how much it actually snows in denver but its gotta be more than missouri!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's not a total waste. I would still do it. Don't know how much it snows over there in missouri to make a comparison...
Old 05-27-2008, 04:26 AM
Staging Lane

I live in Denver, and it snows enough to not have your T/A as a daily driver in the winter. Another huge killer is the sand they put on the road ... (major paint damage). I am the owner of a 2000 Z28 and a 1977 Blazer. The camaro sits from the first snow flake, till the majority of the sand makes its way off the roads in May/June. If you love your car, don't sell it (like me) and buy a cheap 4x4 to get you around in the winter.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you do have to drive it in the winter, use lots of Zaino. I'm looking for a front wheel drive eco car right now. I drove mine for three years everyday when I bought it in 2000. You can do it if you have to.

Search this Thread