Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

S2000's are funny

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 03:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default S2000's are funny

i was driving home last night from work and i saw 2 cars comin up fast i was just cruisin at like 70 and they passed me doing 100+ they must have saw my car or gauges or sumthing cause they slammed on the brakes after they passed me. then they pulled up and were revving their fart cans in my direction i told them to take off and i would follow them. i dropped it from 6th gear at 70 to 5th gear same mph. they took off,when they were about 6 lengths ahead of me i just punched it in 5th within about 5 seconds i had caught up to them and 10 seconds later i saw them both in the rearview. i could have dropped down to 3rd gear how pathetic. but what made it even more hilarious was one of the guys actually bowed to me...it was pretty funny. i wonder if he realized i didnt drop a gear. i knew those things were slow but i didnt expect modded ones to be as slow as these were....o well i guess its time to find them on hondatech. just figured i would share that story since i cant fall asleep

2 Honda S2000's =
Old 04-30-2008, 03:25 AM
TECH Addict

Hahaha yeah they are slow. I handed one it's *** about 6mos ago. It was modded too, rims, exahust, body kit, gauges, etc.
The two guys pulled up on me then paced me for a bit, when the passenger motioned for me to race. We go one three honks, i instantly pull a few cars and keep on pulling. I thought they fucked up or let off. I slow down, we go again, same results. It was sad.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:31 AM
Launching!

lol it was pretty funny...i was like o so now you honda guys are starting to bow to us. this should have happened long ago.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:58 AM
TECH Regular

just be carfull racing any car they can be undercover cops
Old 04-30-2008, 04:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by droptopT/A
just be carfull racing any car they can be undercover cops
so true man.. i know. i normally dont street race for that exact reason!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:35 AM
TECH Regular

by the way nice kill
Old 04-30-2008, 08:44 AM
TECH Regular

Nice killz !! Most the time you can't get em to race cuz they know well dust they ***.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

My buddy is a member of S2KI (international S2000 club) and I hang out with him and his friends with s2000's every now and then, so I know quite a bit about them. The s2k is impressive for a 4-banger, getting 240 hp out of 2.0 liters is quite a feat. The problem with that is that the car is pretty maxed out from the factory. The vast majority of the aftermarket performance parts for that car don't gain much hp at all, some even lose power. Pretty much the only way to see big gains with that car is to go FI. I know a guy in the club with a Vortech supercharged s2k, it puts down 500 rwhp.
Most s2k owners spend big $$$ on appearance mods. $2k for a spoiler, $1k for a front lip, $2k for an exhaust that LOSES 5 hp., etc. I went to a meet once with ~50 cars, and I'd say 95% of them put put out the same power.

Last edited by ss.slp.ls1; 04-30-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSMOKIN_Y2KSS
i was driving home last night from work and i saw 2 cars comin up fast i was just cruisin at like 70 and they passed me doing 100+ they must have saw my car or gauges or sumthing cause they slammed on the brakes after they passed me. then they pulled up and were revving their fart cans in my direction i told them to take off and i would follow them. i dropped it from 6th gear at 70 to 5th gear same mph. they took off,when they were about 6 lengths ahead of me i just punched it in 5th within about 5 seconds i had caught up to them and 10 seconds later i saw them both in the rearview. i could have dropped down to 3rd gear how pathetic. but what made it even more hilarious was one of the guys actually bowed to me...it was pretty funny. i wonder if he realized i didnt drop a gear. i knew those things were slow but i didnt expect modded ones to be as slow as these were....o well i guess its time to find them on hondatech. just figured i would share that story since i cant fall asleep

2 Honda S2000's =
nice kills...i wouldn't underestimate those S2000s tho...my friend had an 04 and now has an 07...hez a heck of a driver (seriously he is) and i give em props for that, he does autocross for fun and he beat his friends new EVO by a couple of seconds with his old bone stock 96 civic hatch ...but anyway his 04 S2K was quick as **** and he is going FI in the next 2-3 months on the 07

Once down the 5fwy we came across a C4 vette with some pretty wide tires...315-335 maybe? but anyway we go from about 70 and he ended up putting about 2 cars on the vette (had the top down too so the car was limited at 130mph) he had custom exhaust (straight pipe that blew flames out lol), intake, and some type of racing i think he said clutch and flywheel.

We are supposed to have a few runs before and after he gets his turbo...i'll post up a vid hopefully!!
Old 04-30-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back when I had my 93 Z28 I was coming back from northern Cali, was coming south on PCH goin about 70mph around Pepperdine U, when this yellow S2K zipped by me, his license plate said:
ITSBLWN

he slowed down and we RIPPED down PCH for a few runs.
If he got the jump I wasn't able to catch up, that was a pretty quick S2000.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:41 PM
FormerVendor

Posted on our Forum 1 week ago

Title: Silly S2000 Rice is for Kidz

So two lights past where I got pulled over a couple weeks back, this S2000 gets to the front of the fast lane. I slide in the slowest lane (2 cars separate us) I could hear him Revvin his engine and I could tell he was into running but he did not know if I was going to cause I had been just putting along. But as the light tunred green, I gave a lil gas and lit up the tires a bit.

I let off to regain grip and by third gear I was hitting the brakes as I had left him by 3-4 cars at least and made the point (let alone don't need anymore tickets)

His bud in a Lexus got to witness his humiliation.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dated a girl w/ an S2000 for a little while and one night (she was driving) we pulled up next to a formula and she started to rev at the guy and I told her "I wouldn't do that" She didn't listen and we got KILLED!!

Quick Reply: S2000's are funny