Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Desperate! Wheres my Cen-Cal shops???

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Desperate! Wheres my Cen-Cal shops???

I'm located in Pismo beach, ca. Where in the hell are shops located at that can do some decent work on f-bodies??? Is there nothing around me? Anyone have any recommendations for someone that lives in my area? San luis obispo, Pismo beach, Santa Maria. I want someone that has worked on F-bodies and vettes. Let me know. Much appreciated. Thanks!

RJ
Old 05-16-2008, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

yeah your going to need to go to the LA or bay area. sorry

depending on what you need done I am in SLO and do all my own work on my car. I have done long tubes, heads and cam, made my own true dual exhaust system. I have my own welder and a lot of the tools needed to do most jobs.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

man, someone would make a killing if they opened up a good shop around here. Yea, I have a shop in the bay area, Synergy motorsports, that I like to go to. I'd just rather not have to go up or down so far. Living in the middle of nowhere sucks. I need a roll cage, sub frames, springs/shocks, tune, ls6 intake, LT's yada yada yada.....Anyone else with a ws6 around here?? I saw a white formula ws6 on los osos valley road the other day, shot him a thumbs up!
Old 05-17-2008, 02:24 AM
On The Tree

I know somebody from Santa maria, his name is 1fastz on this board. Him and his buddies do their own work on their LS1's. Heads,cam,engine swaps, tranny swaps, their pretty good guys. What kind of work are you looking for?
Old 05-17-2008, 05:05 AM
Teching In

I'm from the Santa Maria area myself. Theres no shops as far as I know nearby that specialize in late model GM performance cars. Pretty much everyone does there own work around here. What kind of work are you thinking about doing to your car? I would be willing to help out with pretty much anything, and I'm sure a lot of other people would be too. The only money you have to spend for labor is for the beers haha. If you want a shop to work on it though, you are pretty much stuck driving down to LA for anything. Although, I wouldn't mind living in Pismo Beach myself, I love that area. I'm thinking about cruising up there tomorrow actually since the weather has been so nice lately.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

What kind of work you need? Let me know, maybe i can lead you in the right direction
Old 05-22-2008, 01:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the info fellas. I have a WS6 that needs love. My car has a SES code that is po332 = Knock sensor 2 circuit low input. I figure if i have to replace the knock sensors or the wiring or anything, I might as well replace the intake as well. Ls6 should work. Then i figure, lets throw on some long tubes with extensions and dumps, weld in roll cage, full suspension (koni's/stranos, etc..), 9 inch w/ 3.90's...Should be good for now. Im thinkin' i just need to drive up to Synergy...
Old 05-22-2008, 01:51 AM
12 Second Club

Takes me and my buddies about 20 min to do a intake manifold swap, about an hour to do headers, as far as the suspension and full roll cage that might take a little longer.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

id say between the lot us up here we would be able to get the majority of your stuff done. personally I might keep the cage for someone that does them all the time, but I think there are a couple good off-road shops around here that should be able to do the work

Quick Reply: Desperate! Wheres my Cen-Cal shops???