Old 05-18-2008, 06:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Camaro vs. Mustang Street Racing Crash

Originally Posted by AZStarNet
2 injured in crash on Grant; street race cited as cause
ARIZONA DAILY STAR
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 05.18.2008
A young man suffered life-threatening injuries in a crash Saturday evening, and witnesses told police the Mustang he was riding in was apparently street-racing with a Camaro on East Grant Road.

Stressing that the investigation was in preliminary stages, Tucson police Sgt. Mark Robinson cited witnesses' statements as he gave the following account:
At 5:52 p.m., police received the first of several calls about the crash at East Grant and North Rosemont Boulevard.

A maroon Mustang and a red Camaro — each with two men inside, who appeared to be in their late teens or early 20s — had reportedly been racing eastbound on Grant, approaching Rosemont.

The driver of a gold Crown Victoria crossed into their paths as he tried to turn south on Rosemont from Grant.

Witnesses told police the Crown Vic would have made the turn easily if the Mustang and the Camaro had been going the speed limit, but instead the crash occurred.

The Mustang rolled at least once, throwing its passenger, who was taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries.

The driver, who was trapped in the Mustang and had to be cut out by Fire Department personnel, was taken to a hospital with injuries that appeared serious.

If any other injuries occurred, they appeared to be minor, according to preliminary accounts.

The investigation is continuing, and no citations have been issued.
Last month, Pima County Public Defender Robert Hooker was killed when a street-racing pickup went out of control and struck his vehicle in northern Downtown on North Main Avenue. The driver of a dark-gray Nissan Altima racing the pickup at the time fled the scene and has not been found.

Police are still searching for that driver, and anyone with information is asked to call 911 or 88-CRIME.
They had the road blocked off for a good distance before the crash too. I remember getting stuck in traffic.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate when people cut me off like that. But really take it to the track.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:28 AM
TECH Addict

Hahaha i love how they turn it into a story about a freakin altima racing a damned truck
Old 05-18-2008, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea, so did the camaro stop? they never said, but i assume if they didnt then theyd also be looking for them.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Hahaha i love how they turn it into a story about a freakin altima racing a damned truck
Yeah, what was probably a road rage incident of two ******* getting into it now becomes street racing. Of course, I'm only assuming it was road rage like the reporter probably assumed it was street racing.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Launching!

this story is full of dumb ***** the gold crown vic driver which is prolly old as **** that cut em off. "Witnesses told police the Crown Vic would have made the turn easily if the Mustang and the Camaro had been going the speed limit, but instead the crash occurred." NOT, if the dumb **** hadn't made the turn when he wasn't supposed, the crash wouldn't have occurred! The passenger got thrown out of the vehicle, should have been wearing your seat belt.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
That story was HUGE in Tucson... Big time judge was killed.

Stupid *** kids in Tucson... going to make life worse than it is. Some people on the local forum down there have their panties in a bunch because the sheriff's dept. has a plane with a camera on it now, making it harder to get away. Their mentality is that of 5 year olds... it's sad.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:41 PM
10 Second Club

dANg i was born in Tucson........back in the day we didn't have fast cars....lol.........we used to hang out on speedway and try and pickup chicks..but no fat chicks........lol.....i wish them dudes well.....it sucks...
Old 05-18-2008, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

see? thats what you get when you drive a mustang
Old 05-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Wicked_muscle
this story is full of dumb ***** the gold crown vic driver which is prolly old as **** that cut em off. "Witnesses told police the Crown Vic would have made the turn easily if the Mustang and the Camaro had been going the speed limit, but instead the crash occurred." NOT, if the dumb **** hadn't made the turn when he wasn't supposed, the crash wouldn't have occurred! The passenger got thrown out of the vehicle, should have been wearing your seat belt.
Exactly. People pull crazy bullshit on the road everyday, that's why we have the term "defensive driving." You can't just assume everyone is obeying the law. Come on, we learned this when we got our driver licenses (or earlier) didn't we?

Not saying any particular party is right or wrong, but the Crown Vic driver should have payed more attention at the rate of speed the two cars were coming at him.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Launching!

In defense of the maybe old codger, if you or I pull up to a street that we know the speed limit is say 50, look left, look right, see two cars about 3/4 of a block away, know we have plenty of time to make the turn, we make it. Woops, the cars were going 115 mph vs. 50, sorry, someone is either gona get hit or someone is gona crash trying to miss the car that just pulled out. Now exactly who was the dumb **** in this scenario?? It's hard to just speed at that distance.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Launching!

Just like Wicked Muscle stated, You can 9and a half out of 10 fault hte old bag in the Crown Victoria. I'm a truck driver (18 wheeler) and nothing pisses me off more than when I'm in the hammer (fast lane) cruising with or a few miles per hour faster than the flow of traffic (when appropriate) and some "old fart, or teenie bopper in a Focus or Yaris yappin on the phone cuts right in front of me while I'm doing 75-80 mph weighing 80K lbs then either hits thier brakes or retain the same speed (usually 15-20 mph slower). W/o getting off track this is probably the case here. I wasn't there and can't say but I guess it's just my .2, Either way the idiots in the Disgustang I mean Mustang should have been wearing a damn seat belt, thats just common sense. I hope the best for all involved and thier families non the less and hope who ever was involved learns from it.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

i agree with you ^^^ i see that all the time here in cali big *** trucks being cut off by cars and expect the big rig to stop for them
Old 05-18-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by geovett
dANg i was born in Tucson........back in the day we didn't have fast cars....lol.........we used to hang out on speedway and try and pickup chicks..but no fat chicks........lol.....i wish them dudes well.....it sucks...
Speedway is where all the street racing happens on the weekends now. I won't even go near Speedway on a Friday or Saturday night. It's even illegal to loiter on Speedway now on the weekend.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:46 PM
10 Second Club

^^^^hey thats good to know now that my car is fairly fast i want to go there and see what a ca. car can offer them.....lol....man we used to hang out at Johnny's......get in fights with the collage guys.....lol......we also hung around the shake a rama on 22nd st.....get in fights with the air force dudes.......lol.......glad thats for over with............we were the tucson thugs...............went to tucson High......... sorry....accidents happen all the time......................GOD help US!!!!!

Quick Reply: Camaro vs. Mustang Street Racing Crash