Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Cops now charging for gas used to catch you!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Cops now charging for gas used to catch you!

Originally Posted by AutoBlog
The high cost of fueling up is affecting just about everyone at the pump. But it's also costing us at the grocery store, the airport, and, beginning July 1, it could bump up the cost of your speeding tickets, too. When a north Atlanta suburb spent 60% of its police fuel budget in only five months, it was faced with cutting back on patrols, raising taxes for all, or passing the cost on to speeders. The final decision was a no-brainer for the city of 7,700, and beginning in July, all speeders will be slapped with an additional $12 fuel charge. The added charge will raise ticket revenues up to $26,000 or more, and the costs will only be passed on to those who break traffic laws and not every citizen. The Atlanta city council has unanimously passed a similar proposal to include a $10 - $15 fine for ticketed motorists, and many more cities are sure to follow suit in short order. Yet another reason to get a really good radar detector. Thanks for the tip, Brad!
http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_...18072709990001

Old 06-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Banned

wtf???? those low life scum bags are gonna charge us for there gas? that would never cross my mind
Old 06-19-2008, 04:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ae13291
wtf???? those low life scum bags are gonna charge us for there gas? that would never cross my mind
Ya those low life scum bags are, the ones that keep the streets half safe, are going to charge the low life scum bags, the ones that make the streets dangerous, for the gas they use to catch them. I see absolutely no problem with this. Don't get caught F'ing up and dont pay for gas for the police, sounds pretty easy to me!
Old 06-19-2008, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm liking the sig ara, minus the "frozen fury" and little shark, and your on to something
Old 06-19-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
I'm liking the sig ara, minus the "frozen fury" and little shark, and your on to something
yea we can take that off pretty easy... he liked it, so I left it
Old 06-19-2008, 04:28 PM
TECH Addict

not a bad idea, but we are still paying for all the scum bags in jail to get 3 meals a day. they should make the families of criminals do that!
Old 06-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike @ CMS
Ya those low life scum bags are, the ones that keep the streets half safe, are going to charge the low life scum bags, the ones that make the streets dangerous, for the gas they use to catch them. I see absolutely no problem with this. Don't get caught F'ing up and dont pay for gas for the police, sounds pretty easy to me!
there already charging a fine, and now they want us to pay for there gas? thats great
Old 06-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
thanks alot Ref! just dont get jealous cuz its better then urs haha
Old 06-19-2008, 05:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

there already charging a fine, and now they want us to pay for there gas? thats great
No they want people breaking the law to pay for the gas!! If they didnt have to drive around and catch people in the act then they wouldnt use the gas in the first place.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

No they want people breaking the law to pay for the gas!! If they didnt have to drive around and catch people in the act then they wouldnt use the gas in the first place.
Exactly!
Old 06-19-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whats bad is that we already "pay" for the city counsil to do the budget and to allocate the correct amount of funds to pay for gas and the like. So we are basically paying them for doing a HORRIBLE job.

Anybody check out how bad their local government is at keeping a budget? It should never be called a budget.

I personally think that paying a $12 fine on top of the already damn big fine is a little crazy. Since when does it take 3 or so gallons of gas to pull someone over for 10 minutes?

You are already being fined for speeding. Id love to see where the actual fines go to. I just think its wrong to basically tell the cops well we are going to add $12 onto a speeding ticket to increase revenue so that we can cover the cost of gas so we dont run out of money what do you think the cops will do?
Old 06-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would they add gas charge into the ticket.. Why not just raise the ticket fines or something, that **** only makes people mad.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Viscious
Why would they add gas charge into the ticket.. Why not just raise the ticket fines or something, that **** only makes people mad.
Really this is a better idea... that way people don't question what that extra $12 sur-charge is for on their tickets and they get what they need. That was kinda dumb on their part to point it out that way but it is the counties/cities that make these decisions not the police. Police departments are simply there to carry out the laws not to make them. Damn politicians
Old 06-19-2008, 05:50 PM
12 Second Club

It makes sense to charge more due to gas prices but I saw on the news they are also using bicycle patrol more often as well as turning off the car for 15 minutes every hour. The price of oil is hurting everyone. I just hope you all are safe on the road and don't get caught if you have a tendency to speed... like me lol
Old 06-19-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

why raise anything? why not just take $12 out of the existing ticket to pay for the gas.

its funny...gas costs are an overhead, a cost of doing business. it sucks, the consumer sees the increasing gas costs at the pump, plus from every other angle. how would it go off if we told our boss to increase our wages because of gas costs?'

sorry, just ranting.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

I hear you, I have respect for the older cops, but the new ones just out of the academy are ********!! they have better things to do but they'll stop you for 2mph over speed limit, make you sit by the curb, handcuffed, with their gun drawn. that just pisses me off!!!

some deserve it but most dont.

btw, we already pay for their gas in taxes!!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

I am probably the first to say it but my god..

REF!!

i am surprised... that's probably the first non-autoblog post i've ever seen from you
Old 06-19-2008, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

This is EXACTLY why the economy is so bad, Police bust mexicans stealing stuff to buy their cerveza and now they are going to charge them for gas and now mexicans won't have enough to buy a 12 pack of tecate.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

low life scumbags huh?
Old 06-19-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MaroonLS1
low life scumbags huh?
<----