Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

FS/FT '86 Sport/'01 LS1/T56, heavily modified! FINAL PRICE DROP B4 Part-out! SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS/FT '86 Sport/'01 LS1/T56, heavily modified! FINAL PRICE DROP B4 Part-out! SoCal

Well gents,

It's the first of the month and I've decided to give my rock bottom price less a few mods. I WILL NOT GO ANY LOWER THAN THIS, PERIOD!

If this car is not sold by late June/early July, it WILL BE PARTED OUT.

My asking price is:

$8,799 Less: Coilovers, roll bar, and driver's seat.

$9,999 WITH EVERYTHING

ATTENTION potential buyers: Please READ this entire post and LOOK at all the pictures before PM'ing me and asking me any questions. I have consolidated everything to this one post to make things easier for you.

Specs

Body:
208xxx miles on chassis + about ~4500 after the ls1 swap (estimated because I don't have a speedo)
Clean title

Sport model, no sunroof, manual windows, TII brakes, manual rack, lightest of the light.

Both front fenders have been replaced with S5 ones, they are straight and clean, but they are different shades of white vs. the rest of the body.

Front bumper is in good shape, it has been replaced with a clean S4 one. I still have the original one, but it's all chipped up and nasty.

Couple of door dings, driver’s side door looks like someone tried to pry it open with a pry bar, so it’s a bit ugly.

Passenger’s side quarter panel is dented. I was told by one of the previous owners that someone backed into him in a parking lot.

Rear bumper/lights are fine.

Aero package on the driver’s side sags a bit, passenger’s side is fine. Has the little rubber lip on the front bumper still. Sport wing is still on.

Paint still shines nicely. Could use a claybar/wax, but the paint is good for being 20 years old.

Rear fenders have been rolled/pulled.

Interior/Electrical/Etc.:

The car now has a 90% FULL INTERIOR, here are the specs:

This is what's going to be missing from the interior:

Triangle dash vents on each side of the dash
Idiot light surround
Radio surround/ashtray/shifter surround
A and B pillars (I *might* be able to get these)
Roof panel trim
PS window roller (I have a maroon one that I'm using, but it's ugly...)

Here's a breakdown of the interior swap:

Front carpet- Blue
Dash/front plastics- Blue
Door panels- Blue (locks and handle part are still maroon, heh)
Seatbelts- Blue
Rear carpet/bin carpet- Black
Bins- Black
Side carpet- Black
Lower piece of lastic behind the seats- Black
Piece of plastic that connects to the roof area- Black
Floormats- Black
Arm rest- Black

PS seat- still UGLY *** maroon, but the seat itself is pretty damn clean. I have an extra blue seat, but its not in super good shape like this one, but it's not in really bad shape either.

Sound deadening has been taken out. The car is kinda loud inside.

Electrical problems:
Wiper switch not connected, turn signals not working, blower motor not working (It might just need a power wire connected to it, because I might have removed it when I did the LS1 swap)

I've also pulled the wires for the heater area to make it easier to access for troubleshooting.

All right, onto the mods and whatnot:

Battery / Charging / Wiring

4 Gauge Grounding Kit
Rewired Fuel Pump
Summit Battery Relocation Kit
51r Honda-size battery
Silverstar headlights (nice and bright)

Brakes

Russell SS Brake Lines
Valvoline Synpower brake fluid
Newer front brake pads
PFC Carbon metallic rear brake pads- Rear
New master
New rotors
Rebuilt 4 piston front brakes
Repacked front hub
Custom brake shields with 3” ports for brake ducts

Cooling

Grannys Aluminum Radiator Kit
Taurus E-fan
Greddy Water Temp Adapter
Flex-a-lite E-fan controller
Dexcool/Distilled Water/Redline Water Wetter

With this current combo, the only time it gets a bit hot is when you’re road racing in the middle of a desert at 100*, and even then, I’ve only gone into the 230 range towards the end of the session.

Drivetrain

4.1 Turbo II LSD
Stock Hurst Shifter
LS6 Clutch
Custom Clutch Line Adapter
Grannys T56-TII Rear End Driveshaft
Grannys Transmission Mounting Kit
Pinion snubber
New '01+ Slave
Wilwood 7/8" Clutch Master
Lucas LSD Fluid

Engine

2001 Camaro SS LS1/T56 W/21K miles
Jantzer Ported TB
Comp cams 918 valve springs W/titanium retainers (THESE ARE THE NEW ONES, THEY HAVE LESS THAN 500 MILES ON THEM)
Lunati cam- 218/221 .516/.535 114LSA
Catch Can
Engine Bay Painted Black
Grannys Engine Swap Cradle
LS6 Manifold
Oil Filter Pedistal Tapped For Oil Press/Oil Temp
Reflashed ECU
LS1 Harness Rewired By Dan & Steve

Engine is strong like bull. Has about ~4500 miles on top of the 21k miles it originally had when I first bought it. The rear main seal is leaking though, so that’ll have to be replaced eventually.

Oh, and this motor has seen FIVE track days. I always run 7 quarts and I do smoke a bit when running 7 quarts, but I'd rather smoke than spin a bearing.

I just changed the oil right now(3-28-08)- M1 0w40 and an AC delco filter. I've changed the oil about 7 times now. When I first started it up (duh), before every track day, and just now.

Exhaust

BBK 1 3/4" Longtubes w/vbands
2.5" Piping
Magnaflow X Pipe
Summit Mufflers

It’s not really loud at all. Sleeper status

Fuel

-6AN Russell Fuel Line Fittings
-6AN Fuel Lines
Corvette Fuel Filter/FPR
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

Gauges

Autometer Ultra-Lite Oil Pressure Gauge
Autometer Ultra-Lite Oil Temperature Gauge
Autometer Ultra-Lite Water Temperature Gauge

Mounted where the main ac vents would be.

Ignition

MSD Plug Wires
NGK TR55 Spark Plugs

Intake

4"-3.5" 90* elbow
3.5” piping
Cone filter

Interior

Corbeau Forza Drivers Side Seat *add 100
Autopower Race Roll bar *add 320
Sparco Steering Wheel
Spin Turn ****

Suspension

Energy Suspension Hyperflex Graphite Master Bushing Kit
Front Strut Tower Bar
Grannys Sway Bar Spacers
Ground Control Rear Camber Bar
Mazdaspeed Front Differential Mount
MMR Direct Rear Differential Bushings
MMR Direct Subframe Bushings
Racing Beat Front and Rear Adjustable Endlinks
Racing Beat Front and Rear Sway Bars
Rear Strut Tower Bar
Tein SS 24 Way Adjustable Coilovers 9/7 Rates w/JIC Camber Plates *add 800

Tires/Wheels- 17x8 Enkei Evo Wheels with 90% tread BF-Goodrich G-force sport 235/45/17.

As you saw in the mod list, those mods with asterisks are EXTRA and NOT included. As mentioned the car has a clean title. And it is now SMOGGED and REGISTERED. If it sells within 90 days (from 3-18-08) you will NOT have to re-smog it.

Trades-
Looking for an 06-08 Ninja 650R, LS1/LS2 pullouts so I can start piecing together parts for my LS1/FD build, or any vehicle valued under $4500 or so PLUS cash so I can build an FD...

Here are people's comments on the pricing:

http://www.v8rx7forum.com/454581-post2.html
http://www.v8rx7forum.com/454892-post4.html
http://www.v8rx7forum.com/455058-post5.html
http://www.v8rx7forum.com/455282-post6.html
http://www.v8rx7forum.com/455305-post7.html
Zilvia.net Forums - View Single Post - FS SoCal: '01 LS1/T56 swapped FC, heavily modified, $9950

A side note: As far as the people questioning the driveability of this car everyday, the main killer for me is the stiff suspension. I used to drive this car everyday before I got my FD (roughly 5 months) and I drove it for about 2 weeks straight during December to take my FD down some routine maint. and inspection. You could probably take off the strut tower bars and run the coilovers to full-soft and it'll feel good.

Location- Riverside, Ca 92505. I will drive the car for test drives and the only time you will be able to drive it is after a deposit has been made. Oh, and don't expect to get a free ridealong to see how 'fast' the car is, I'm not going to bone out. As far as shipping, I was quoted $925 from Ca - Md from LSX transport, they are the on LS1tech and are VERY reputable, fast, etc.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Here are the pics:

Interior pics taken 3-30-08
andrewdruiz/LS1 FC Interior Pics 3-30-08 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Exterior pics taken 3-23-08

andrewdruiz/LS1 FC Exterior Photos 3-23-08 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Engine/Underbody/Suspension/Misc. Pics

andrewdruiz/LS1 FC Misc Photos - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here are a few pics and a vid:

Here's a vid at HTM in Dec of '07. HTM is probably the tightest/shortest course in SoCal. Your arms/body hurt after the day is over due to how tight the turns are and how much you have to turn, it's ridiculous!

9" slicks at Streets of Willow in '07, yum :yay:

About to pass an M3 and 911 at Buttonwillow in '06.

Rolled the rear fenders:

(Note the chip in the paint :wtc

PM me for further questions, thanks!
Old 06-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Launching!

It's a beautiful car with a lot of well-done work, no doubt, but $10K is going to be hard to get for an FC, especially with todays economy.

I'd hate to see it happen, but looks like the part-out might take place.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Launching!

sorry to tell you but I see a part out in the near future.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Banned

gonna have to agree with Vince. Wonderful job, Great craftsmanship..... but dont see someone paying $8,800 for it
Old 06-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6_Suicide_Machine
gonna have to agree with Vince. Wonderful job, Great craftsmanship..... but dont see someone paying $8,800 for it
I could possibly see an Rx-7 enthusiast paying maybe $7000-7500 for it, but not $10K.

Again, before anyone misunderstands what I'm saying, awesome swap (I'm a big fan of the LSx swap in the FB/FC/FD's), great craftsmanship as Nick said, but, with todays economy...you see where I'm getting at.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

you'll probably make more money parting it out anyways, Nice job tho, and good luck on the sale!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

I totally agree with you guys. I've actually had a decent amount of interested buyers, but they always seem to flake out on me. Only a few potential buyers have actually seen it, loved it, but found it hard to put all that money down on a 20+ year old car...

I paid $52xx for this motor almost two years ago and probably have close to ~$13k into it, I'm definitely better off parting it out and dropping the motor in my FD, but it just sucks having to tear it down after all my hard work.

FYI: The most I've ever seen an LS1 FC go for is $22,500. 440rwhp H/C combo, fresh paint, full suspension, roll cage, BBK, and a few other goodies.

Oh well... we shall see... but I'd actually like to gauge interest on the rolling chassis, is anyone interested? I can sell it for as low as $1,500 minus the engine, mounting kit, coilovers, roll bar, sway bars, and a few other things. It'll have the 8" turbo rear end, all new bushings, rebuilt brakes, interior, body panels, etc. etc.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

PM's and e-mails replied. Seems like you guys are more interested in the rolling chassy I see...
Old 06-14-2008, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Bump. PM's replied.

Quick Reply: FS/FT '86 Sport/'01 LS1/T56, heavily modified! FINAL PRICE DROP B4 Part-out! SoCal