Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Supreme Court f'd up

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Supreme Court f'd up

http://license.icopyright.net/user/e...ent_id=5747364

You will die if you betray our country, but rape our kids and you live.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

News headline was enough could not bear to read it, was too discusted.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

i would want the death penalty...but i look at this way...those rapists/pedophiles end up getting it bad in prision...its the world of karma

they get raped or even killed in prison...we all know inmates hate FN pedophiles...so they get whats coming to them...here is a priest who got his **** handed to him in prison

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/08/24/geoghan/index.html
Old 06-25-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
i would want the death penalty...but i look at this way...those rapists/pedophiles end up getting it bad in prision...its the world of karma

they get raped or even killed in prison...we all know inmates hate FN pedophiles...so they get whats coming to them...here is a priest who got his **** handed to him in prison

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/08/24/geoghan/index.html
Good point.

I believe in an eye for an eye, so I wouldn't be happy with anything less than death at the hands of the person violated (or their family). The death penalty was a compromise.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:30 PM
10 Second Club

wouldnt an eye for an eye be more like the kid being allowed to do something equally bad to, but not kill the priest?

the point was that noone had been put to death for a crime which had not resulted in the victim's death for 40 something years. a 5-4 decision too..

**** pedophiles, i'd want to kill them if it were me or mine too
Old 06-25-2008, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats disgusting, id kill anyone that touched my son inappropriately
Old 06-25-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Resident

Got to protect are kids, all of them. It's nice to think they get some sort of prison justice, but I'm sure some of them do fine there, so we should hang em all, now!
Old 06-25-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks democrats!!!!

same jerks that wont let us drill in Alaska.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I really dont understand how liberals think. I mean really they want to pass bullshit laws and give out money away to people who do not deserve it It is just plain stupid.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 180ls1
I really dont understand how liberals think. I mean really they want to pass bullshit laws and give out money away to people who do not deserve it It is just plain stupid.
dude, it's one thing to disagree, but you have to at least be able to understand the other side of the issue. your post makes it sound like you have no clue of the reasoning behind those two things you mentioned
Old 06-25-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
dude, it's one thing to disagree, but you have to at least be able to understand the other side of the issue. your post makes it sound like you have no clue of the reasoning behind those two things you mentioned
I do understand the democratic thaught it is a good chain of ideas but never ends up working out the way it is set up. But the liberal thaught is a totally different matter which is why i said liberal not democrat. How do i have no clue what i was saying? I could name many many things that liberals have passed that have done nothing good.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

wouldnt an eye for an eye be more like the kid being allowed to do something equally bad to, but not kill the priest?

the point was that noone had been put to death for a crime which had not resulted in the victim's death for 40 something years. a 5-4 decision too..

**** pedophiles, i'd want to kill them if it were me or mine too
True, eye for an eye probably wasn't the best phrase, since technically who would want to sodomize in return?

I believe the point was "cruel and unusual" versus the severity of the crime (punishment not fitting the crime). Which is where my opinion differs.

If this were the 6th District Court of Appeals, I would agree with the liberal comment. I know that's the way they voted, but I hold the Supreme Court in higher regard.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:05 PM
10 Second Club

I do understand the democratic thaught it is a good chain of ideas but never ends up working out the way it is set up. But the liberal thaught is a totally different matter which is why i said liberal not democrat. How do i have no clue what i was saying? I could name many many things that liberals have passed that have done nothing good.
I didnt say you didnt know what you were saying. All im saying is that if youre that upset about such a generalized group of people, then youre probably not understanding their goals.

Same thing as if someone said "******* americans, all they want to do is be greedy"
Old 06-25-2008, 06:08 PM
10 Second Club

VERY TRUE !!!!!! 1++++++

Last edited by geovett; 06-25-2008 at 06:08 PM. Reason: missed word
Old 06-25-2008, 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

How do i have no clue what i was saying? I could name many many things that liberals have passed that have done nothing good.
This part is so stupid, Oh yes, I want you to list many many things and then I will be convinced. Meanwhile, i'll stop working and start trying to compile a list of conservative ideas that "did nothing good" as well, so we can argue about nothing.

No one group is perfect and "right" at all times, conservative or liberal, rep dem, etc etc.. If you believe that one is, then yes, I do think youre stupid.

The govt is all about balance, and it takes all types to come to a suitable conclusion for everyone.

For you guys that think this decision was so "stupid" I just wonder what makes you think that youre smarter then 4 of the supreme court justices
Old 06-25-2008, 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I believe the point was "cruel and unusual" versus the severity of the crime (punishment not fitting the crime).
well yes, I guess i didnt "show my work" in my first post. They used the fact that I stated as evidence showing the improportionality
Old 06-25-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

well yes, I guess i didnt "show my work" in my first post. They used the fact that I stated as evidence showing the improportionality
Next time include a diagram or flowchart.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Next time include a diagram or flowchart.
haha, had to do it on my law school finals so why would here be any different right? lol
Old 06-25-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

This part is so stupid, Oh yes, I want you to list many many things and then I will be convinced. Meanwhile, i'll stop working and start trying to compile a list of conservative ideas that "did nothing good" as well, so we can argue about nothing.

No one group is perfect and "right" at all times, conservative or liberal, rep dem, etc etc.. If you believe that one is, then yes, I do think youre stupid.

The govt is all about balance, and it takes all types to come to a suitable conclusion for everyone.

For you guys that think this decision was so "stupid" I just wonder what makes you think that youre smarter then 4 of the supreme court justices
I said i could name many things to give a refrence as to where i am coming from, not to bash you or anyone else but just to show you that i do have reasoning and understand. I never said i agree with the decision or if we were completely conservative it would be a better country. No need to talk down to me like i dont know what i am saying we have differences of opinions, no big deal. I just think we are moving in the wrong direction and need to head back towards what made this country great! Try working on your memory and reading comprehension skills next time.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

Try working on your memory and reading comprehension skills next time.
Go **** yourself. This is what I get for trying to educate an idiot.

Quick Reply: Supreme Court f'd up