Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Not impressed with WS6store

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not impressed with WS6store

I know they are a sponsor, and I dont wish them any ill will, but since i didnt see one negative post about them (probably because they are a sponsor) I thought id share my experience.

I ordered my KONI SA rear shocks on May 16, also when i paid. I received a phone call from them within an hour saying they were back ordered and they would probably ship June 9, give or take a week.

I waited patiently a month. no call, no email, no box. I called the next week (June 16) and Mike said he would call me back with some info. No call. two days later i called him back. He put me on hold and said 1 week and Ill have them, that KONI is shipping them to me directly. He stated that "people have been waiting longer than you for their orders."

well a week goes by, no call, no email, no box. so i gave them almost another month, not calling again until July 7, thinking maybe the holiday held them up. Mike again says he will call me back. no call.

I call AGAIN July 9. Mike puts me on hold and comes back and says, they were shipped out July 1, but KONI shipped them to the wrong zip code. He told me to call UPS with my tracking number and give them my zip.

turns out theyve been sitting at UPS in Riverside for a week. nobody called me to tell me anything. If i hadnt called who knows what would have happened.

My point...while its not totally the fault of WS6store, IMO when they got my money, i became their customer. they should OWN the deal, and keep up with it. I never once yelled or got angry over the phone. I figured that my patience would be rewarded with good customer service.

I am only writing this because when i searched ws6store the posts i saw would lead me to believe that they are run by God himself, and I just want people to see what is possible. I do know that stuff can be backordered and you do need to wait sometimes, but 2 months is crazy and i think required them to keep up with me.

heres the UPS tracking info:
7/1 item shipped from San Ramon, CA
7/2 item arrived Vernon, CA
7/2 item arrived Riverside, CA
7/7 correct address needed
7/9 item arrived Vernon, CA
7/10 item delivered
Old 07-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know WS6store is a great place, i like the fact that they give u a call about your order and giv u info, when i ordered my motor mounts they told me it will be here in a week because they have to order it from the company, so i waited then i called mike again, then he said that prothane had a delay or something and now i have to wait another week. so instead of them calling me i had to call them all the time and see whats going on, i mean if its so hard for them to call us i think an email would be easier
Old 07-10-2008, 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

tell them to take their koni's and go to sam strano and get them there, probaby a little more thou
Old 07-10-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ae13291
I know WS6store is a great place, i like the fact that they give u a call about your order and giv u info, when i ordered my motor mounts they told me it will be here in a week because they have to order it from the company, so i waited then i called mike again, then he said that prothane had a delay or something and now i have to wait another week. so instead of them calling me i had to call them all the time and see whats going on, i mean if its so hard for them to call us i think an email would be easier
i can sense your sarcasm.

it would be nice if they put a note next to the item in their store letting you know that its not available for immediate shipping.

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
tell them to take their koni's and go to sam strano and get them there, probaby a little more thou
Yea i paid $320 shipped for ws6store, strano is $169 each, and i dont think that includes shipping.

when i called yesterday, if they hadnt shipped yet i would have asked for my money back.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry to hear that. I have never had any problems with them in the past.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fast01z28
i can sense your sarcasm.

it would be nice if they put a note next to the item in their store letting you know that its not available for immediate shipping.

Yea i paid $320 shipped for ws6store, strano is $169 each, and i dont think that includes shipping.

when i called yesterday, if they hadnt shipped yet i would have asked for my money back.
$320 shipped?? for how many???
Old 07-10-2008, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Did they charge you eventhough the items were on backorder?

I guess everyone screws up sometime. Ive ordered tons of parts from them and no problems at all
Old 07-10-2008, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

$320 was for the pair.

and yes, i was charged when i made the purchase.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that sucks. I usually use Summit or Jegs and have it in two days. Their wherehouse is in Nevada so it gets here pretty quick, plus their prices are usually pretty good. I like supporting smaller shops but they can lag it sometimes. I forgot what I was looking for at WS6 but I remember it wasnt really that much cheaper.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

i've ordered from the ws6store a couple of times with no problems...it happens man...
Old 07-10-2008, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Assassin66
i've ordered from the ws6store a couple of times with no problems...it happens man...
its easy to say "it happens man."...but when it is actually u in the process it can get really annoying...

i applaud the patience...i remember like 3 weeks ago at bob's u said u were waiting for them...now get those puppies on and hit the road!
Old 07-10-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damm that is a burnout...
Old 07-10-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've ordered from them twice and never had a problem. I actually just received a box from them today.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fast01z28
i was charged when i made the purchase.
Sorry to hear.
I'm not a big fan of being charged before my order ships. I wish vendors would stop doing this. Summit I believe will not charge until your order ships. That being said I have delt with WS6 Store and Mike many times. He has always got back to me when he had the answer to my question's, so I will continue to do buisness with him. One of the better vendors IMO. Being ignored really sucks and leads to mistrust.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

Ive ordered from them probably ...10-15 times.. Never any problems. Yea ive had things back ordered and ive waited on other places to ship my stuff. Especially being that sometimes product ships our directly from the vendor themselves.

But im pretty sure once it ships out , its out of their hands . All the phone calls and orders they deal with everyday. I dont think he has time to check on every order that ships out to make sure it made it safely. And i dont think thats just ws6store. Sure maybe he dropped the ball a little... Sorry to hear . But i think i remember hearing from sam stano that those were on a serious backorder but around the end of june they had a new batch ready to ship out ....
Old 07-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Launching!

Ive ordered from them and had no problems.... it sucks when you start a thread like cuz honestly it gets you no were
Old 07-10-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think it should be their responsibly if they promise you a date, yeah thats pretty shitty man, I have never dealt with them but according to your story it sounds like since they got your money they didn't care, but I am just a by stander. When I was getting parts form Classic Industries they were really good with shipping.

Last edited by carbonfiberbird; 07-10-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

not meant to get him anywhere, just made to show that ws6store isnt perfect, like he said in his post.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

i love the ws6 store

great service fast shipping

it is not there fault that the konis are on back order
Old 07-10-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

that sucks man i feel your pain. i try to stay away from ordering backordered items because of that very reason. plus i am an impatient bastard However, if it was my company and a customer was waiting for 2 months I would at least knock 5 or 10% off the next order or at least upgrade the shipping

Quick Reply: Not impressed with WS6store