Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Autobody repair...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autobody repair...

I was thinking about taking an Autobody Repair 1 class at my local vocational school. Its $35 for registration, $5 for a student ID, and then $40 for the actual class. Theres three different schedule line ups; MTWThF : 8am-10am, MTWThF : 10:15am-12:15pm, and MTWTh : 12:45pm-3:15pm.

Description: Provides instruction in estimating the cost of the damage repair, mechanical and electrical components, plastics, adhesives, painting, and refinishing at the basic advance levels.

I wanted to go for a medical career, but for right now. I was thinking about getting into a automotive career for the time being. Then once pass Autobody Repair 1, I want to take the second class. After Im done with both, I plan on going back to school for EMT.

What do you guys think?
Old 07-25-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1stunna
I was thinking about taking an Autobody Repair 1 class at my local vocational school. Its $35 for registration, $5 for a student ID, and then $40 for the actual class. Theres three different schedule line ups; MTWThF : 8am-10am, MTWThF : 10:15am-12:15pm, and MTWTh : 12:45pm-3:15pm.

Description: Provides instruction in estimating the cost of the damage repair, mechanical and electrical components, plastics, adhesives, painting, and refinishing at the basic advance levels.

I wanted to go for a medical career, but for right now. I was thinking about getting into a automotive career for the time being. Then once pass Autobody Repair 1, I want to take the second class. After Im done with both, I plan on going back to school for EMT.

What do you guys think?
Pursue your passion, whatever it may be.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1stunna

What do you guys think?
Where are you taking these classes? i wouldn't mind learning all this stuff and doing some of my autobody repairs myself
Old 07-25-2008, 05:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Assassin66
Where are you taking these classes? i wouldn't mind learning all this stuff and doing some of my autobody repairs myself

I was thinking the same thing
Old 07-25-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Pursue your passion, whatever it may be.
I agree with that, but between the two, I'd become an RN, and with your 4 free days per week, you could do whatever your heart desired.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Assassin66
Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
I was thinking the same thing
Im going to be taking the classes at North Valley Occupational Center. Its located in Mission Hills, CA. Goto http://www.nvoc.org/html/schedule_main.html

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I agree with that, but between the two, I'd become an RN, and with your 4 free days per week, you could do whatever your heart desired.
Very true, but I dont plan on going through with being an RN. I would just get my cert. for EMT, and then join the Fire Academy. But I wanna take up Auto Body Repair as a side job, or for just my own work.

Quick Reply: Autobody repair...