Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Thinking about going back to school...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by L3THAL_Z28
for what it's worth school is a bunch of garbage...yeah some of you may not agree with me but it's the truth. School is worthless. I have several reasons to say this. LS1Stunna just do what makes you happy.
someone did say school is worthless. Also if you want to move up into say detective, **** like that, you do need a degree. Otherwise you'll stay on patrol, maybe be a sergeant. My brother is a cop in Dallas.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by allblacksrt4
no one said school is worthless.
for what it's worth school is a bunch of garbage...yeah some of you may not agree with me but it's the truth. School is worthless.
it looks like that's exactly what he was saying, to me? sounds like someone doesnt do well in school. i dont mean u allblack..
Old 08-18-2008, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

All trade schools are crap. They just want your money
Old 08-18-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by primer84z
Come on dude school isn't worthless, try opening up a doctors office with out going to school and let me know how that works out for you. Obviously you don't need school training for all jobs that pay well, but there are some fields that you cannot get into with out school training/education.
see...that is exactly the problem with you guys. You guys have this broken concept that your hard work will pay off. That you need to put blood and sweat into everything that you do and you'll make money and be well off, and save for retirement. I say **** saving for retirement, and **** hard work. I don't want to spend my youth busting my *** in school and work, get a BA in something and then make 55-65k a year. No, i don't want to have money to spend when i'm 65, i want to enjoy it NOW, wtf is all that money good for when i'm old as ****?

you talk about opening up a doctors office and see how it goes. First off, let me put it this way. If i'm, lets say 28 by the time i'm a doctor or whatever...do you really think i'm gonna have the money to open up and office? How about you people break off that silly concept that you go to school, get a career and live happily ever after...wake up, its not true! you won't graduate and magically be really well off financially before you're 30. You people need higher goals and aspirations, how about instead of becoming a doctor you hire one to run the office for you? Have him do all the work and all the studying while you do nothing and take in the profit. Have you ever thought about that? of course not! you're still trying to earn a living the traditional way!

This is how big companies started. Someone was smart enough to get people to do all the work for them. When you go to college/university you pay them to teach you a certain thing. You then move on to the real world and land somewhere where they need what you learned. You think these colleges and universities operate solely on government support and the tuition that you pay? Companies donate to these institutions because they are looking for people like you. They are looking for other peoples skills, other peoples time, others people knowledge, while they reap the benefits of all your hard work by doing little to nothing and paying you a crappy salary.

If you go to school because u like it, then thats all good with me. But don't come to me with this bullshit that a BA or a Masters is gonna make me enough money to get the toys I want right now, not when i retire.

sorry for the novel lol
Old 08-18-2008, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

see...that is exactly the problem with you guys. You guys have this broken concept that your hard work will pay off. That you need to put blood and sweat into everything that you do and you'll make money and be well off, and save for retirement. I say **** saving for retirement, and **** hard work. I don't want to spend my youth busting my *** in school and work, get a BA in something and then make 55-65k a year. No, i don't want to have money to spend when i'm 65, i want to enjoy it NOW, wtf is all that money good for when i'm old as ****?

you talk about opening up a doctors office and see how it goes. First off, let me put it this way. If i'm, lets say 28 by the time i'm a doctor or whatever...do you really think i'm gonna have the money to open up and office? How about you people break off that silly concept that you go to school, get a career and live happily ever after...wake up, its not true! you won't graduate and magically be really well off financially before you're 30. You people need higher goals and aspirations, how about instead of becoming a doctor you hire one to run the office for you? Have him do all the work and all the studying while you do nothing and take in the profit. Have you ever thought about that? of course not! you're still trying to earn a living the traditional way!

This is how big companies started. Someone was smart enough to get people to do all the work for them. When you go to college/university you pay them to teach you a certain thing. You then move on to the real world and land somewhere where they need what you learned. You think these colleges and universities operate solely on government support and the tuition that you pay? Companies donate to these institutions because they are looking for people like you. They are looking for other peoples skills, other peoples time, others people knowledge, while they reap the benefits of all your hard work by doing little to nothing and paying you a crappy salary.

If you go to school because u like it, then thats all good with me. But don't come to me with this bullshit that a BA or a Masters is gonna make me enough money to get the toys I want right now, not when i retire.

sorry for the novel lol
im with you 100% i want money the ez way. I say we open up the LS1Tech Cartel
Old 08-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hlaalu
i agree. companies dont give a **** what your degree is in, they just want you to have one. thats some bullshit.
That's only true in some fields, so it depends on what you want to do for a living. I'll tell you this, you won't get a job like say as an engineer with a degree in history or liberal arts.
10 Second Club

you won't graduate and magically be really well off financially before you're 30.
youre stupid man, the answer is YES, you can. Maybe YOU cant, but i sure can and will. and youre even stupider if you think that your dumbass with no education is going to be able to manipulate someone who actually has the intelligence to make it through school.

ur choice, u can have fun and **** off now, and be screwed later. or you can put the time and work in now and enjoy it later. it's ur choice, dont knock others for theirs.

****, you might as well just become a baseball player if you think you have the business sense to get rich without putting in any work!
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
it looks like that's exactly what he was saying, to me? sounds like someone doesnt do well in school. i dont mean u allblack..
yeah thats exactly what i said...good job, you have strong reading comprehension

as a matter of fact I always did good in school, i was actually in honors since elementary, throughout middle school, and took AP classes all 4 yrs of high school...boy what a waste of my time.

Universities should teach people how to make money and once you make that money teach how to reproduce it in large quantities. Instead of all the bullshit they teach you.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

yeah thats exactly what i said...good job, you have strong reading comprehension

as a matter of fact I always did good in school, i was actually in honors since elementary, throughout middle school, and took AP classes all 4 yrs of high school...boy what a waste of my time.

Universities should teach people how to make money and once you make that money teach how to reproduce it in large quantities. Instead of all the bullshit they teach you.
i agree, u wont get really rich without business sense, but u need to start somewhere, school! How could you take all AP courses and then not continue to college?

and NO WAY should they teach people how to make money. if everyone was rich, what fun would that be?
Old 08-18-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

youre stupid man, the answer is YES, you can. Maybe YOU cant, but i sure can and will. and youre even stupider if you think that your dumbass with no education is going to be able to manipulate someone who actually has the intelligence to make it through school.

ur choice, u can have fun and **** off now, and be screwed later. or you can put the time and work in now and enjoy it later. it's ur choice, dont knock others for theirs.

****, you might as well just become a baseball player if you think you have the business sense to get rich without putting in any work!
haha...your ignorant to think i'm not doing anything. My car doesn't run off love man, nor do i pay my bills with it either. The only reason why i'm saying this is because I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO MAKE MONEY THE EASY WAY. Did it cost me money? you bet your *** it did, about $3K to be exact. How long did it take me to learn what i'm gonna do the rest of my life? about 6 months. So no, i don't need school and yes i'll be making more than you
Old 08-18-2008, 06:23 PM
10 Second Club

haha...your ignorant to think i'm not doing anything. My car doesn't run off love man, nor do i pay my bills with it either. The only reason why i'm saying this is because I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO MAKE MONEY THE EASY WAY. Did it cost me money? you bet your *** it did, about $3K to be exact. How long did it take me to learn what i'm gonna do the rest of my life? about 6 months. So no, i don't need school and yes i'll be making more than you
I highly doubt you'll be making more then me, and i'm gonna laugh when ur little business plan goes belly up due to some unforeseen change. what is it if you dont mind telling?
Old 08-18-2008, 06:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

i agree, u wont get really rich without business sense, but u need to start somewhere, school! How could you take all AP courses and then not continue to college?

and NO WAY should they teach people how to make money. if everyone was rich, what fun would that be?
I've always hated school, i just did it because my parents made me. When you're hispanic people think the only way to succeed is to go to college and get a degree
Old 08-18-2008, 06:28 PM
10 Second Club

I've always hated school, i just did it because my parents made me. When you're hispanic people think the only way to succeed is to go to college and get a degree
i understand, and when u say you only did it cause ur parents wanted it, no wonder u hated it. u have to go to school because you yourself want to achieve a goal. i understand what ur saying about that, but ****, not everyone is gonna find "the easy way" and frankly i dont believe there is an "Easy way" through life.

Just like the saying "you get what u pay for" , you also "get what u put out"

and that has alot to do with self satisfaction
Old 08-18-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I highly doubt you'll be making more then me, and i'm gonna laugh when ur little business plan goes belly up due to some unforeseen change. what is it if you dont mind telling?
Investments...but i'm not talking about stocks, cds, bonds or any of that worthless crap. You probably wouldn't know much about it, A LOT of people give me a blank stare when i talk about it. But let me tell you, this **** is a gold mine
Old 08-18-2008, 06:33 PM
10 Second Club

Investments...but i'm not talking about stocks, cds, bonds or any of the worthless crap. You probably wouldn't know much about it, A LOT of people give me a blank stare when i talk about it. But let me tell you, this **** is a gold mine
then why do u still drive a camaro? or why is it not a 9 second street car? jk man

hopefully that lasts for you, not everyone will get that lucky if everything youre saying is true, thats for damn sure.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

i understand, and when u say you only did it cause ur parents wanted it, no wonder u hated it. u have to go to school because you yourself want to achieve a goal. i understand what ur saying about that, but ****, not everyone is gonna find "the easy way" and frankly i dont believe there is an "Easy way" through life.

Just like the saying "you get what u pay for" , you also "get what u put out"

and that has alot to do with self satisfaction
i wasn't telling him not to go to school. Just simply to do whatever made him happy. I just stated what i thought of school and crussinLS1 and other people got their panties in a bunch!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:35 PM
10 Second Club

i wasn't telling him not to go to school. Just simply to do whatever made him happy. I just stated what i thought of school and crussinLS1 and other people got their panties in a bunch!
well u should clarify then, bc most people only say that something is garbage, and wotrhless if theyre trying to get you to avoid it. In the OP's case, school isnt prob the best option given his career choice though
Old 08-18-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

then why do u still drive a camaro? or why is it not a 9 second street car? jk man

hopefully that lasts for you, not everyone will get that lucky if everything youre saying is true, thats for damn sure.
well, first off...i've always loved camaros, don't see myself selling it ever.

I will be upgrading to a C6 ZO6 sometime next year
Old 08-18-2008, 06:41 PM
10 Second Club

well, first off...i've always loved camaros, don't see myself selling it ever.

I will be upgrading to a C6 ZO6 sometime next year
so what about the 9sec street car part then?

a 408, F1A, and a 9in would sure make that camaro alot more fun
Old 08-18-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

well u should clarify then, bc most people only say that something is garbage, and wotrhless if theyre trying to get you to avoid it. In the OP's case, school isnt prob the best option given his career choice though
yeah you're right...not the best choice of words or advice to the kid. LS1Stunna there are other options out there!! you just have to know where to look! good luck!

Quick Reply: Thinking about going back to school...