Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Thinking about going back to school...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 06:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by L3THAL_Z28
LS1Stunna there are other options out there!! you just have to know where to look! good luck!
exactly. wow, was there actually just a conflict resolved in the Western Section? wtf are we coming to...
Old 08-18-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
so what about the 9sec street car part then?

a 408, F1A, and a 9in would sure make that camaro alot more fun
Yeah, the money thats coming out is paying off family debts for now. lots of em lol
but anyway, I was leaning more towards an all out TT set up. what do you think, would that be sick or what?
Old 08-18-2008, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone who thinks school is worthless, is ignorant. PERIOD. Do not try and justify your comments...BECAUSE people are going to look at you like you are an idiot. Im trying to save you the embarrassment.

I am not going to give you a million reasons why because to be honest, it wouldnt be worth my time. I am not gonna try and reason with stupidty.

And Will you are wrong about baseball players not working hard and getting a great pay day. That is one of the hardest things to do, its not all gravy believe me. Its a tough tough grind like any other profession.

If noone on here can speak with some experience under their belt, then your opinion is "worthless"...and no Lethal...ignorance does not count as experience if you were wondering, lol...
Old 08-18-2008, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
And Will you are wrong about baseball players not working hard and getting a great pay day. That is one of the hardest things to do, its not all gravy believe me. Its a tough tough grind like any other profession.
i was just kidding man, u know, like how we all used to say we wanted to be baseball player's when we grew up. i know it's hard, it's damn near impossible and for most it's a pie in the sky dream, that was my point
Old 08-18-2008, 06:47 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, the money thats coming out is paying off family debts for now. lots of em lol
but anyway, I was leaning more towards an all out TT set up. what do you think, would that be sick or what?
it'd be sick for sure, but an F1a would be way sicker IMO. Much simpler and then you wont have to worry about lag and other complications of turbos.

Or an all motor LSx 454, or n2o 408, or, well the list just goes on and on, but twin setups are not my favorite
Old 08-18-2008, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

i was just kidding man, u know, like how we all used to say we wanted to be baseball player's when we grew up. i know it's hard, it's damn near impossible and for most it's a pie in the sky dream, that was my point
lol gotcha...i will agree though...most baseball players are idiots...but not all
Old 08-18-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
Anyone who thinks school is worthless, is ignorant. PERIOD. Do not try and justify your comments...BECAUSE people are going to look at you like you are an idiot. Im trying to save you the embarrassment.

I am not going to give you a million reasons why because to be honest, it wouldnt be worth my time. I am not gonna try and reason with stupidty.

If noone on here can speak with some experience under their belt, then your opinion is "worthless"...and no Lethal...ignorance does not count as experience if you were wondering, lol...
lol...think what you want man, but 30yrs from now you're still going to be living your mediocre life. Ignorance is thinking school IS the ONLY option. I'll be sure to check back to you in a couple of months and show you how ignorant i am hope you don't get jealous
Old 08-18-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

it'd be sick for sure, but an F1a would be way sicker IMO. Much simpler and then you wont have to worry about lag and other complications of turbos.

Or an all motor LSx 454, or n2o 408, or, well the list just goes on and on, but twin setups are not my favorite
i'll be looking for opinions down the line so i'll be sure to hit u up...i know that LS1 is coming out for sure and going into a lightweight car...but thats a matter all in its own.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

lol...think what you want man, but 30yrs from now you're still going to be living your mediocre life. Ignorance is thinking school IS the ONLY option. I'll be sure to check back to you in a couple of months and show you how ignorant i am hope you don't get jealous
LMAO!!!! Did I say school was the only option??? Stop making **** up... I called you out your on "school is worthless" comment...

Im just going to leave this thread alone and assume you are an 18 year old kid who thinks he knows it all...have a good day Taco Bell lol
Old 08-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Teching In

I always thought school was BS, and I have dual degrees from UCLA. The benefit to having the degree is people think I'm smarter, and or companies know I put up with the BS in school, so I should be able to handle whatever work they throw at me. I went to school to please my parents only! School gave me a vast arrary of knowledge, much of which I knew I never planned to use, but I do know alot about nothing now!

1.Middle class people say go to school and go work for someone and get a good job that pays well
2.The rich will tell you to learn as much as you can and go out on your own. Basically, don't put your hard work towards paying someone else's salary/riches

It's very easy to go work for the gov't and show up in your monkey suit and collect the decent pay and pension. It's another thing to learn what you can and go out on your own. You have to decide. The benefits are the only thing I wish I had that would sway me to work for someone else. I know a few people who recently retired, and they make as much as they did when they worked.

I started really pushing my company full time freshman year of college. Now looking back, I would of been better suited off not getting my degree and putting all my efforts into my company. College may have set me back a few years?? I do have my education to fall back on if something was to ever happen.....

You should do as you want. Becoming a cop or firefighter is a very honorable job. What about learning body shop and becoming an owner?? I don't see too many good body shops hurting for buisness, do you? Too many bad drivers and mandatory auto insurance make auto body not too bad a buisness. I'm looking into this myself, as one day I hope to buy an established shop and work my magic on it

What ever you decide, if you love what you do, money doesn't matter. Your young, go do it!!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

lets just leave it at that cruissin...i respect your opinion, i know what i have in my hands and if you don't want to acknowledge that then thats cool.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

02NBMWS6 clean your pm box
Old 08-18-2008, 08:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by primer84z
someone did say school is worthless. Also if you want to move up into say detective, **** like that, you do need a degree. Otherwise you'll stay on patrol, maybe be a sergeant. My brother is a cop in Dallas.
really i have a family member with no degree and he is lead detective at is station.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

wow, I didnt know getting rich was that easy. Maybe you should go around giving get rich quick seminars.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by allblacksrt4
really i have a family member with no degree and he is lead detective at is station.
well i have an uncle who banged the presidents cousin whos daughter blew my other uncle who had no degree and then he was a police chief. Dude the point is having a degree makes you more competitive than someone who doesnt. Is it necessary, NO, does it help, YES.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:46 PM
TECH Regular

the only way to make real money is open u your own buisness. Thats what i am doing.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by allblacksrt4
the only way to make real money is open u your own buisness. Thats what i am doing.

Define "real money".

The guy that has found the secret to making money..... c'mon, share the investment. In addition, please share with us your previous occupation prior to the "investment".
Old 08-19-2008, 12:04 AM
TECH Regular

Invest in coke dude, thats where the money is at. Haven't you seen Scarface??
Old 08-19-2008, 01:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2c5s
Define "real money".

The guy that has found the secret to making money..... c'mon, share the investment. In addition, please share with us your previous occupation prior to the "investment".
I would share i you had a notion of the stock market. what good is it if i shared the investment/investments (theres plenty to choose from) if you don't know anything about investing...you don't know the terminology, you don't have a broker, you don't have an account, u don't know anything about the stock market. And nobody is going to let you in on the secrets for free. Don't think this matters but I was the IT Tech and the lead person in Database Management and Development at a non profit org in downtown.

Last edited by L3THAL_Z28; 08-19-2008 at 01:37 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by primer84z
wow, I didnt know getting rich was that easy. Maybe you should go around giving get rich quick seminars.
no need for that

Quick Reply: Thinking about going back to school...