Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Thinking about going back to school...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 01:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by allblacksrt4
the only way to make real money is open u your own buisness. Thats what i am doing.
that might work if in the long run it makes enough money to pay someone to run it for you. Unless you want to spend countless hours making it work and having very little time to enjoy profits.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiral04
I always thought school was BS, and I have dual degrees from UCLA. The benefit to having the degree is people think I'm smarter, and or companies know I put up with the BS in school, so I should be able to handle whatever work they throw at me. I went to school to please my parents only! School gave me a vast arrary of knowledge, much of which I knew I never planned to use, but I do know alot about nothing now!

1.Middle class people say go to school and go work for someone and get a good job that pays well
2.The rich will tell you to learn as much as you can and go out on your own. Basically, don't put your hard work towards paying someone else's salary/riches

It's very easy to go work for the gov't and show up in your monkey suit and collect the decent pay and pension. It's another thing to learn what you can and go out on your own. You have to decide. The benefits are the only thing I wish I had that would sway me to work for someone else. I know a few people who recently retired, and they make as much as they did when they worked.

I started really pushing my company full time freshman year of college. Now looking back, I would of been better suited off not getting my degree and putting all my efforts into my company. College may have set me back a few years?? I do have my education to fall back on if something was to ever happen.....

You should do as you want. Becoming a cop or firefighter is a very honorable job. What about learning body shop and becoming an owner?? I don't see too many good body shops hurting for buisness, do you? Too many bad drivers and mandatory auto insurance make auto body not too bad a buisness. I'm looking into this myself, as one day I hope to buy an established shop and work my magic on it

What ever you decide, if you love what you do, money doesn't matter. Your young, go do it!!

He's right.... and people that don't go to school will never realize this. There is more to life out there than just "making money". Now I dont know much about "investments", cause it seems boring as hell to me, but more power to you if it pays the bills and makes the car faster. This is the point i'm trying to make...

When it comes down to it, if you love what you do, then the money earned is just icing on the cake.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:13 AM
zjt
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by L3THAL_Z28
that goes for you too...i agree with you that getting an education can't hurt, but the reason why people do it is what makes it worthless. If you wan't to go to school because you want to grow as a person that's all good but if you're looking to change your average life by going to school you're in for a reality check.
For some people it is the only option for what they want do. School is my only option to get into Solid State physics, it's an all or nothing deal.

On the same note for many people it's just a piece of paper showing that you sat in class for four years lol. School isn't for everyone and it's not because they can't do it. As you stated, it's irrelevant if they do it, unless it's for furthering him or herself as a person.

i wasn't telling him not to go to school. Just simply to do whatever made him happy. I just stated what i thought of school and crussinLS1 and other people got their panties in a bunch!
All I was sayin is there's more than one way to skin a cat lol, I've picked up a few ways in my short time on this rock and I'm sure I have lots of reality checks ahead of me
Old 08-19-2008, 10:08 AM
10 Second Club

I would share i you had a notion of the stock market. what good is it if i shared the investment/investments (theres plenty to choose from) if you don't know anything about investing...you don't know the terminology, you don't have a broker, you don't have an account, u don't know anything about the stock market. And nobody is going to let you in on the secrets for free. Don't think this matters but I was the IT Tech and the lead person in Database Management and Development at a non profit org in downtown.

But you see, I do have a notion of the stock market. I'm an RIA and a licensed stock broker. Ser.6,26,7,24,65,63. 17 yrs. in the industry. C'mon, clue me in.

Going to school does not confirm prosperity. It's supposed to teach you how to think. How you apply those skills is up to you.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:22 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2c5s
But you see, I do have a notion of the stock market. I'm an RIA and a licensed stock broker. Ser.6,26,7,24,65,63. 17 yrs. in the industry. C'mon, clue me in.

Going to school does not confirm prosperity. It's supposed to teach you how to think. How you apply those skills is up to you.
dude i always thought you sold health insurance.....
Old 08-19-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Commodities...instead of teaching you how to think, they put you in the correct frame of mind so that the company you end up with can mold you into what they want and need.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Commodities
Commodities Trading:
the art of artificially raising the price of a limited resource to become wealthy while ******* over everyone else.

i sure hope the new fed regulations pass raising the minimum requirements, and licensing required to trade commodities so we dont end up with $200 barrels of oil and $5/g of mile for no reason.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by zjt
For some people it is the only option for what they want do. School is my only option to get into Solid State physics, it's an all or nothing deal.

On the same note for many people it's just a piece of paper showing that you sat in class for four years lol. School isn't for everyone and it's not because they can't do it. As you stated, it's irrelevant if they do it, unless it's for furthering him or herself as a person.

All I was sayin is there's more than one way to skin a cat lol, I've picked up a few ways in my short time on this rock and I'm sure I have lots of reality checks ahead of me
i'll have to agree with you...i'm about a year and a half from graduating, do i want to go? No, but my parents want me to get a BA since my sister graduated with a double major and a minor in art

i was called ignorant because i don't believe school is worth it and that i'll be a failure. But some people on here don't even know me, I know the ins and outs of programs like Final Cut Pro and Adobe After Effects. There isn't many people on here that can do video editing with idvd or whatever...much less with programs like these that cost over a grand. I didn't have to go to school to learn what i know, but for some reason i'm ignorant Some people are just quick to jump out to a conclusion. Like i did with 2C5s
Old 08-19-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by .ALEX.
Commodities Trading:
the art of artificially raising the price of a limited resource to become wealthy while ******* over everyone else.

i sure hope the new fed regulations pass raising the minimum requirements, and licensing required to trade commodities so we dont end up with $200 barrels of oil and $5/g of mile for no reason.
light crude oil is the least of my concerns...there's hundreds of commodities to choose from.

******* everyone else over? haha, its a dog eat dog business. If you knew how to do it and it raked in money like a muthafkr you'd do it to so spare me the BS definition
Old 08-19-2008, 10:44 AM
10 Second Club

dude i always thought you sold health insurance.....
You just asked what company I work for, they do it all.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You just asked what company I work for, they do it all.
So i could have started my portfolio with you 2-3 years ago instead of doing it on my own
Old 08-19-2008, 10:53 AM
10 Second Club

Some people are just quick to jump out to a conclusion. Like i did with 2C5s
I'm not sure what you're trying to say, I asked for clarification.

And yes, you can make a ton of money. How long have you been at this?
Old 08-19-2008, 10:55 AM
10 Second Club

So i could have started my portfolio with you 2-3 years ago instead of doing it on my own

Yes. If you want, I'll review what you have.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yes. If you want, I'll review what you have.
I wan to start a new one. Safe low risk for the long haul. ill talk to you more about it in person.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

haha...your ignorant to think i'm not doing anything. My car doesn't run off love man, nor do i pay my bills with it either. The only reason why i'm saying this is because I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO MAKE MONEY THE EASY WAY. Did it cost me money? you bet your *** it did, about $3K to be exact. How long did it take me to learn what i'm gonna do the rest of my life? about 6 months. So no, i don't need school and yes i'll be making more than you
How's your portfolio today??????????????????????

Quick Reply: Thinking about going back to school...