Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Too many retarted F-body owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 02:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too many retarted F-body owners

There needs to be an IQ test before you can own an F-body, because I have met TOO many people with our cars that just sounds retarted. They dont know what their car has, can do, or what other cars can do. They dont know how to drive thier cars, control their cars, shift thier cars, race thier cars, anything!

Sorry for the venting here, but i stand by my words. If your guna own a performance car, then for the love of God please know your car! And no our cars cant handle or stop quickly, so dont say they can! Unless you mod the hell out of them.

PS: Not all imports are ricers! Who doesnt love a fast, clean import!?!
Old 09-20-2008, 03:07 AM
TECH Resident

Ls1 f-bodys are getting pretty cheap...
Old 09-20-2008, 03:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 04gtoBMXracer
Ls1 f-bodys are getting pretty cheap...
this is true...
Old 09-20-2008, 03:13 AM
On The Tree

wow didn't know you were born with all the knowledge you have now. Why not try and educate them so they are not stupid anymore? Everyone has to start somewhere. But ya I understand what your saying after awhile it gets annoying. I don't mind if they don't know much its the pointless mods they do.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by shenanigans
wow didn't know you were born with all the knowledge you have now. Why not try and educate them so they are not stupid anymore? Everyone has to start somewhere. But ya I understand what your saying after awhile it gets annoying. I don't mind if they don't know much its the pointless mods they do.
Oh i try. Most of time i cant tho cus i ask them what they have and they give a drawn out vague answer. I know i wasnt born with knowledge, however I have never claimed to know something if i didnt.

Most of what has upset me is ignorance of imports. A lot of people think they are just junk 4 bangers that wont last. Then when i try to explain that some will smoke thier car they get defensive. How do you teach someone who doesnt want to be taught?!
Old 09-20-2008, 03:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Black02LS1
Oh i try. Most of time i cant tho cus i ask them what they have and they give a drawn out vague answer. I know i wasnt born with knowledge, however I have never claimed to know something if i didnt.

Most of what has upset me is ignorance of imports. A lot of people think they are just junk 4 bangers that wont last. Then when i try to explain that some will smoke thier car they get defensive. How do you teach someone who doesnt want to be taught?!

They will have to learn the hard way. By getting smoked by an import w/ their girl in the car. Lol
Old 09-20-2008, 03:22 AM
On The Tree

make them feel comfortable. thats how they will be able to accept the info coming at them. But a lot has to do with them like you said. I try to just stay away from noobs. Imports are nice but you can't beat the torque and sound of a V8 hands down. I wouldn't mind owning a nice AWD turbo car but they are 2X as much as an fbody. Plus I am just way too big for a damn import lol. T-tops are also on my top favorites list
Old 09-20-2008, 04:38 AM
TECH Addict

i think when most people think of imports they think of those crappy honda's with an over-sized exhaust that sounds like weed-wacker.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hlaalu
i think when most people think of imports they think of those crappy honda's with an over-sized exhaust that sounds like weed-wacker.
honda civics of the old days ruined the import cars image to be honest. big wing, big exhaust, non functional this and that.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shenanigans
honda civics of the old days ruined the import cars image to be honest. big wing, big exhaust, non functional this and that.
i have all that stuff on my car!
Old 09-20-2008, 06:31 AM
On The Tree

I would love
Me a nice WRX or EVO.... But other then that LSX all the way, or classic
PS: Not all imports are ricers! Who doesnt love a fast, clean import!?!
Old 09-20-2008, 06:37 AM

I know exactly what you mean. You should have to take some kind of common sense skills exam before you can buy a muscle car. I remember trying to a couple of Marines with an LS1 Camaro that street racing in down town Oceanside was a really BAD idea, and it was stupid to boot. They insisted that the cops "looked the other way" because they were Marines. if you have ever been to Oceanside, you know this is NOT the case.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I love it when they say... "wow your t/a only runs 12's?!?!?! thats kinda slow" obviously they have no clue how quick 12's really is.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Thumbs down

[QUOTE=Black02LS1;10141390]There needs to be an IQ test before you can own an F-body, because I have met TOO many people with our cars that just sounds retarted[QUOTE]

That's RETARDED, moron!!!!

SteveC
Old 09-20-2008, 06:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^ Hahahaha
Old 09-20-2008, 06:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Posi12Bolt
I love it when they say... "wow your t/a only runs 12's?!?!?! thats kinda slow" obviously they have no clue how quick 12's really is.

Well I have had my fair share of fast cars, I mean 12 sec is fast. But I also have my motorcycles that's are just INSANE FAST! Almost to fast for me.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by darkcrave
Well I have had my fair share of fast cars, I mean 12 sec is fast. But I also have my motorcycles that's are just INSANE FAST! Almost to fast for me.
ya I hear you on that one lol. I got an 06 ZX10R I don't ride anymore cause I have been hit by two different cars on bikes and this bike is fkn fast. 163rwhp lol 450lbs or so.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SteveC
There needs to be an IQ test before you can own an F-body, because I have met TOO many people with our cars that just sounds retarted
That's RETARDED, moron!!!!

SteveC
i was just gonna say that...lol...if your gonna call people retarded, at least spell it right when calling people out...
Old 09-20-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How do you teach someone who doesnt want to be taught?!
set them up in a race with a turbo and/or engine swapped and gutted civic hatchback (like the ones you might find at a stadium parking lot dragstrip with horrible track prep).
Old 09-20-2008, 11:21 AM
10 Second Club

There needs to be an IQ test before you can own an F-body, because I have met TOO many people with our cars that just sounds retarted. They dont know what their car has, can do, or what other cars can do. They dont know how to drive thier cars, control their cars, shift thier cars, race thier cars, anything!

Sorry for the venting here, but i stand by my words. If your guna own a performance car, then for the love of God please know your car! And no our cars cant handle or stop quickly, so dont say they can! Unless you mod the hell out of them.
Your post sounds retarded. I'm curious about how deep your knowledge base goes? Based on the mods listed in your sig, seems rather shallow.

Based on your brake & handling comment, compared to what?

Quick Reply: Too many retarted F-body owners