Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Brotherhood Raceway (needs support)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brotherhood Raceway (needs support)

For all those who talk the talk that they hate street racing, here is your chance to make a difference-put up or shut up. Let see how many willl do something about it other than preach the dangers of it.

Tell a Friend:
Repost this message on your blogs, pass it around your e-mails, and copy it to as many forums you can think of, thanks.

Brothehood need your help to make this successful:
A few years ago we did an Internet assault on previous Mayor James K. Hahn, it was very successful. Today we are now doing it to Mayor Antonio R. Villaraigosa. On Tuesday 9-17-08 we went to the neighborhood that was mostly affected by street racing. We ask them if they were tired of living in front of a drag strip? We told them every time they call the cops on us, why not call the mayor's office and tell him what they think, they can leave a message after hours. We told them their is a solution that has work in previous times and is not being used today. We left them a flyer with all the direct numbers to city hall. Well it worked, they called in and the mayors office responded by scheduling a meeting with Big Willie to discuss the tracks location. We are not done, we need everyone reading this to e-mail the Mayor and let him know people all over the Internet are watching what he is doing on resolving this problem. Please no threats or thrash talk as one of our members found out, it is takin seriously, you are talking to a public official. Thanks to everyone in advance. You can post a copy of your e-mail here if you want for all to see, thanks again for your support.

Here let me be the first to e-mail the mayor:
Brotherhood Raceway
Message ethelkilledfred to mayor -
Details
re: Brotherhood Raceway
To: mayor@lacity.org
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 12:30 pm

I am very interested in seeing the street race problem in Los Angeles resolved. I know of one program that has worked many times in resolving this issue. Why is it taking so long to implement this program? When can we see results from this program. Fast and the Furious 4 is coming out next year and this has me worried on how many lives are going to be lost from people imitating the movie. Why not give them a place to do it away from public streets. Thank you in advance on this matter, sincerely a concerned citizen,

Fabian

Write the Mayor;
You can email the Mayor’s office by writing to mayor@lacity.org and a constituent services representative will respond to your inquiry.
For any questions related to services and programs offered by the City of Los Angeles, you can call 3-1-1 .
from- http://www.lacity.org/
e-mail= mayor@lacity.org
Phone:
3-1-1 or
213-978-0600 ask for the mayor until you get his office and leave him a message, he will get the message
213-978-1587 ask for Shawn
213-978-0736 ask for David
Don't be shy call more than once and ask what are they doing to open Brotherhood Raceway and why it is taking so long to open.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Teching In

I'm confused. The letter on the bottom makes it sound like the plan has already been approved?? I know nothing of a track in Wilmington, so I know I'm missing something. Also where it specifies all cars participating have to be "street legal?"

Not sure about others, but I wouldn't be bringing a stock car to a "race" track. Does that mean we wouldn't be allowed in with anything more than a factory stock car?? Any clarification on this, cuz it sounds real enticing. Thanks....
Old 09-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Launching!

Cool. Are they trying to get an actual track to open or trying to stake off a section of public streets in an industrial park to make a strip to race on?
Old 09-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Launching!

**** yes! I work in Wilmington! That would be awesome!
Old 09-23-2008, 02:07 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hope its not a 1/8th

wasnt the last track in terminal island a 1/8th mile instead of a 1/4?
Old 09-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Teching In

Sure would be nice to get that track opened again but really dont see it happening. Have heard this same song and dance for the past 10-15 years but still am hopeful that one day it will be back up and running.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Launching!

man i'd love to see it too.....!!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Terminal Island was cool back in the day, it was low budget but it was a track! I'd love to see a track open up there again or close by.

Here's a shot of my '68 GTX at Terminal Island around 1980-81

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...inalIsland.jpg
Old 09-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Launching!

What a bitchin pic--with San Pedro in the background and everything.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

x2 thats OG
Old 09-23-2008, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

that track was old school,it use to be open friday evening through sunday night which was cool for those that would work a m-f .
It was a 1/8th track but last I heard was that Willie was trying to get a permit for this;http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/G...602/bigw4.html
Old 09-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CHELOZ28
that track was old school,it use to be open friday evening through sunday night which was cool for those that would work a m-f .
It was a 1/8th track but last I heard was that Willie was trying to get a permit for this;http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/G...602/bigw4.html
That looks like a great plan. If LAPD would use it M-F 9 to 5 we could use it the other times.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Definitely was an awesome place to hang out on Friday and Saturday nights.

Originally Posted by Jon2kZ
Terminal Island was cool back in the day, it was low budget but it was a track! I'd love to see a track open up there again or close by.

Here's a shot of my '68 GTX at Terminal Island around 1980-81

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...inalIsland.jpg

Quick Reply: Brotherhood Raceway (needs support)