Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Any good lawyers in the house????

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Any good legal advise in the house????

So I'm wondering if anyone knows a good lawyer in the I.E. for dealing with my car / warranty / dealership problems. I have 2 postings about my situation the last month with my 2002 Trans Am WS6 rear end. After 27 days at the dealership, and tons of fighting the Warranty company had the dealership put a used rear end in my car. My car has 64,000 miles on it. Everybody involved is refusing to pay my rental car for the 27 days, so I currently owe Hertz over $700. I picked the car up on Saturday, and I now have (as of today) a total gear oil mess all over the front of my differential. The fluid is leaking so heavy that it is running down the torque arm and dripping on the ground there also. The whole drivers side of the rear end top to bottom is covered in fluid.

This nightmare just won't go away. I called the dealership, and sent them the pictures and am waiting for a call back.

Last edited by SoCal WS6; 09-26-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

honestly i wouldn't bother with a lawyer, just file a claim with small claims court, bring all your paper work, photos, documents and save yourself the money
Old 09-26-2008, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

dude for 700 you could have bought a used 12 bolt, tell the warranty company to go **** themselves, how in the hell is it your responsibility to pay for the rental car while they took there sweet *** time to find a used rear? thats bs honestly you will spend more in lawyer fee's than 700, i would just haggle with them till the bitter end, if you still have to pay just foot the money, and take it as a lesson learned, dont ever ever ever ever buy an aftermaket warrantyl.

im sorry man but that warranty company fucked you so hard.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

send the warranty company the bill for the cleaning of your drive way, i know someone who could work you up a receipt in the thousands to properly clean up the oil spill, throw that at them and see what they say.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hlaalu
honestly i wouldn't bother with a lawyer, just file a claim with small claims court, bring all your paper work, photos, documents and save yourself the money
+++++++1
Old 09-27-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First thing I would do is read through your contract in it's entirety and make sure you have a valid claim (regarding the rental car). If you're in the right, file a small claims case. No lawyer necessary.

Second, and this is independent of the rental car, return the vehicle. You don't want it to appear as though you accept the car as being complete.

As far as them using used parts to fix your vehicle, I can almost guarantee that the wording of the contract states it is acceptable. No matter how asinine it is, unless you read otherwise in your contract, it's acceptable.

You've done a good job documenting all the conversations, problems, and the timeline.

If you need it, I'll read over your contract too so you have another set of eyes on it.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Launching!

what up bry!!!
Old 09-28-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01black
what up bry!!!
Lotsa work, for sure.

I'll be in the OC area a few days next week (or passing through). Let me know if you want to meet up during the day so we can check out hatches. I'll redo my tint if there's a difference, then let's do the swap.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well being as its $700 it will go to small claims court in which case a lawyer cannot represent you. Before filing a small claims case you should consult with someone with experience. Bry seems to know what hes talking about and his offer to look over your warranty is a pretty nice offer. As was said though im sure your warranty words it so that they can get away with alot.You should be able to have the leak repaired though and your driveway cleaned but I would think that would be the shops problem.

Good luck however you go about it.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

^ thats some good advice. the only thing i would be worried about is not being able to prove the leak was the dealership's fault. they will probably say some bullshit about you driving it home. good luck keep is updated, i hope you get a win!

Quick Reply: Any good lawyers in the house????