Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Wheres a good place to store a car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheres a good place to store a car?

Im leaving for another tour to Iraq and im looking for a good place to store my car. Prefferably in a climate controlled area in the Oceanside or San Diego area. Thanks, Jay
Old 09-27-2008, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well mine wasnt climate controlled but i stored mine in san marcos in a 10x20 storage unit. it was called storage west. really nice place and the guy gave me a military discount and one month free. if i cant store my car on base next time im gonna use them again.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

my house
Old 09-28-2008, 03:55 AM
11 Second Club

Dont know of a place to store.

Just be safe over there.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 96modgt
Im leaving for another tour to Iraq and im looking for a good place to store my car. Prefferably in a climate controlled area in the Oceanside or San Diego area. Thanks, Jay
I too stored my SS in a 10x20 2 months at a time with about a weeks driving each time because I was a long haul trucker. Now I'm a local trucker and it stays in my drive way covered waiting for the next weekend to drive it.
Since mine is an M6, I use to chock the tires, leave the hand brake down and in N and covered. I use to have the hood closed but not locked. Put fuel stabalizer in the gas and disconnect the battery. Put towels between the wipers and the windshield otherwise you get a rubber stain on your windshield. Also reccamend getting 4 tire cradles http://www.tirecradle.com/ to prevent flat spots. but most importantly, thanks for serving and defending the good ol' USA.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:32 AM
9 Second Club

i did the 10 by 20 thing to
im over here right now cant wait to get it back out of there. cant think of the name right now sorry
Old 09-28-2008, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Thanks alot gents. I will be giving storage west a call.
SVT BAIT-- LOL Nice try
Old 09-28-2008, 12:06 PM
EkS
On The Tree

You guys make sure the storage company has the proper insurance for storing your car inside a unit. Places around my area will not do it because of insurance purposes, so you have to go to the places where you have to store your car/RV outside. Good luck!
Old 09-28-2008, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 96modgt
Thanks alot gents. I will be giving storage west a call.
SVT BAIT-- LOL Nice try
Old 09-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Banned

i know you want it around the San Diego area, but TMO has a contract with a company in LA that stores the car indoors, and checks your fluids, starts it, and moves the car back and forth to keep the tired round. and its free and insured. just a thought.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cookba
i know you want it around the San Diego area, but TMO has a contract with a company in LA that stores the car indoors, and checks your fluids, starts it, and moves the car back and forth to keep the tired round. and its free and insured. just a thought.
I will give TMO a call. Thanks alot
Old 09-28-2008, 03:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up

Hope you find a good storage place, but most of all THANK YOU FOR DEFENDING, OUR GREAT COUNTRY, STAY SAFE, GOD BLESS AND SAY HELLO TO MY SON!!!!! IN NORTHERN BAGDAD...
Old 09-29-2008, 07:06 AM

never heard of the thing about a company in LA that takes care of it for you, but I would look into it. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT store it on base at the TMO lot, your car will get dirty, dented, dinged, and there will be animals living under your hood. They don't do anything to them except keep other people out of the lot. Everyone I know that put thier cars there had them all jacked up when they got back. I would look into SD Storage. I believe it is off the 78 toward Escondido. I stored my personal stuff there on my last deployment in the bed of my friend's truck. Back then I think we were paying something under $100/month combined in the same lot. You can put it up on jacks so it is nice to the suspension. I would un hook the battery and cover it inside the unit. Might also want to get a friend to take her for a ride once in a while, but there was nothing wrong with my friend's truck after 7 months there. She did have to have the title and insurance to store it there though. You might get lucky and get a storage unit at the Camp Pendleton Self Storage over by 9th Comm, but I think they are pretty pricey.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

I hear you. I would never put my car at TMO not even a bicycle. My buddies car came back all discolored. He had a nice car cover and they ripped it and left it half way off. It was all jacked up. Jay

Quick Reply: Wheres a good place to store a car?