Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

F-body drivers who have a Motorcycle?

Old 09-29-2008, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question F-body drivers who have a Motorcycle?

So fellas i have been thinkin hard about it, and i think ive come to a decision. I want to get a bike, the one i have found is prolly the Ninja Zx-6r. This is gonna be my first bike. My question is does it come with any accessories? Or do you have to buy the helmet and all the other good stuff? Also was it worth it when yall got one, or would the money be better spent on a C5/F-body? Any input is coo, thanx fellas.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:43 AM
TECH Regular

im in the same position as you. working on getting a gsxr750 in the next couple months. I think it will be totoally worth it, i love my car but riding bikes is amazing!!! such a rush. Couple of my friends have bikes, they bought them new at mountain motorsports, when they were buying the bikes they got a $300 gift card to the store to spend on gear. they had to cover the difference. Good luck!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by noxiouSS
im in the same position as you. working on getting a gsxr750 in the next couple months. I think it will be totoally worth it, i love my car but riding bikes is amazing!!! such a rush. Couple of my friends have bikes, they bought them new at mountain motorsports, when they were buying the bikes they got a $300 gift card to the store to spend on gear. they had to cover the difference. Good luck!
i was just checkin the cycle trader and found that mountain motorsports. imma def check that one out. Have you ever rode a bike before? I heard about this school in corona called ride rite that i might try. Also are there any years to check out for. Im thinkin bout gettin a used one just cause of the price difference is pretty big at malcom motorsports, so ive been checkin on some pre-owned ones. I was watchin biker boys with the wife last night and im sold on a bike. I really would want one with the chorme wheels, that **** is super dope.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know when I bought my R6 last year as we started working out the deal I told him where I wanted to be, including a helmet and gloves, and they worked it into the deal. I bought from the stealership new
Old 09-29-2008, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1sick'98WS6
I know when I bought my R6 last year as we started working out the deal I told him where I wanted to be, including a helmet and gloves, and they worked it into the deal. I bought from the stealership new
Thats what the wife was sayin. Roll it in like they do at the dealerships. Was the r6 your first bike? How do you like it? Did you look at the ninjas and, the gsr's, and the cbr's?
Old 09-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Launching!

Don't go to a dealership buy from a private seller to save a but load of money and stay away from mountain motorsports. I'm looking at bikes and when I get one it's gonna be a 750 as well.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

The bike does not come with any gear but you can negotiate. If you buy new i recommend www.otdcyclesports.com They give you the bike out the door for msrp and usually don't include all these bs charges. My first bike was an 03 GSXR 600 then i had an 05 R6 and now i have an 06 GSXR 1000. Don't think just because its a 600 its a slow bike. That bike still has enough power to put you on your ***. Take your time learn throttle control and learn your bike. Also take the MSF rider course. http://www.msf-usa.org/ Not sure how old u are but if you're under 21 u can't get your license without this course. If you are over 21 u should still take it. A benefit is that if you take the class and pass it, it counts as the riding part of the license test and you only have to take the written test.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

If you have the cash buy used that way when u fall its not a bran new bike and its cheaper to repair. Also check craigslist theres lots of bikes listed for sale there and once u get a bike make sure to get frame sliders asap. Frame sliders are for when the bike falls over it falls on them and protects your frame from getting damaged and usually saves your bodywork aswell.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z28gsxr
If you buy new i recommend www.otdcyclesports.com They give you the bike out the door for msrp and usually don't include all these bs charges.
That is where I got my dirt bike and it was a great deal.
+1 for OTD.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

Trust me Is you get a 600, in less then a year you will want a 1000. Go big or go home.

I jumped from a 600 to a 08 Busa.

If you buy on craigslist a lot of the time they will give you some gear, if it fits.

worth it do it!
Old 09-29-2008, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont get the riding gear in the deal cus then in the long run your paying your apr./intrest for a 500 jacket helmet glove combo??? and as for the go big or go home...b/s...imo i rode all the 06 1000s and my uncles busa and there just no fun...what the *** is the point of owning a street bike (that is made for handling) and only blasting it in a strait line??? and 600s will out handle a 1000 ANY day
Old 09-29-2008, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

this is def some good info. I was thinkin bout mountain motorcyles, because i saw them on the cycletrader. I will prolly start off with somethin aroun 600-750 bike wise. I never had a bike before and i dont want to get somethin that is to crazy starting off. I will check out the classifieds and see what i see on there. Ill prolly jus end up buying the gear seperate and go from there. What are some of yalls payments? and how much did you put down and how much out the door? The bike ive been lookin at have ranged from 5,000-11,000.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:29 PM
11 Second Club

mountain motorsports is a joke, go to burts mega mall
Old 09-29-2008, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

ill keep that in mind luke. Thats a fresh sig,your camaro looks fresh as hell.. As usual.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
mountain motorsports is a joke, go to burts mega mall
Berts has some ridiculously high prices but they do have tons of bikes.

I got mine for 12 grand out the door about 2 years ago. I didn't put anything down and my payments were 159 a month but my balance was increasing instead of decreasing so i started sending double the amount. If you can don't get financing from the dealer they **** u over on interest. See if you can get it at a credit union or a bank and check to see if they offer gap insurance. If not u can purchase gap from the dealer. You can expect to pay around 200 a month for a 4 year loan on a bike
Old 09-29-2008, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by z28gsxr
Berts has some ridiculously high prices but they do have tons of bikes.

I got mine for 12 grand out the door about 2 years ago. I didn't put anything down and my payments were 159 a month but my balance was increasing instead of decreasing so i started sending double the amount. If you can don't get financing from the dealer they **** u over on interest. See if you can get it at a credit union or a bank and check to see if they offer gap insurance. If not u can purchase gap from the dealer. You can expect to pay around 200 a month for a 4 year loan on a bike
Thats some real good info, thanks. When i went to malcom the guy there said id be lookin at about 221 a month, but that was off the top of his head and a quick toss out number. What year is your gsx-r? when you first started riding did it take you a while to learn or did you go to a class first?
Old 09-29-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EVERETTDREW
Thats what the wife was sayin. Roll it in like they do at the dealerships. Was the r6 your first bike? How do you like it? Did you look at the ninjas and, the gsr's, and the cbr's?
Yeah, I did good I got it for 9200 OTD w/ helmet gloves and warranty,
R6 is my first bike and i love it, dont listen to people who say get a liter bike, because you wont every ride a 600 to its full potential, especially if its your first.

I looked at other motorcycles and have ridden CBR, and GSXR but i really liked the way the r6 felt and handled, Its more of a track bike feel, super light, it has like a turbo effect though it doesnt make much down low but absolutely screams 9,000 plus... I love it.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also why not buy new when you buy a bike? Its too cheap not to, I figure it doesnt come to buying a car because there is not a whole lot to depreciate, Also its something you may just would like to have and know complete history on, and factory financing has some better options sometimes.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EVERETTDREW
Thats some real good info, thanks. When i went to malcom the guy there said id be lookin at about 221 a month, but that was off the top of his head and a quick toss out number. What year is your gsx-r? when you first started riding did it take you a while to learn or did you go to a class first?
My gsxr is an 06. I had been riding dirt bikes for years so i just jumped on it but its a completely different feel. It took a while to feel comfortable turning. Slow turns were a bitch u think you're going to tip over every time. I just kept riding but i fell a few times being stupid and pushing my limits with no experience. I took the class about 2 months after riding and it really does help. It seems stupid since they go over real basic **** but its well worth it.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1sick'98WS6
R6 is my first bike and i love it, dont listen to people who say get a liter bike, because you wont every ride a 600 to its full potential, especially if its your first.
Great advice If my 600 wouldn't have gotten stolen i would still have it. Thats another thing make sure to get full coverage because these bikes get stolen all the time. I have a 1000 but would love to have a 600 as my dedicated track bike.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F-body drivers who have a Motorcycle?